BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GLOBAL ADVISOR

Something happened to me last Thursday when I was driving home. I had a couple of miles to go - I looked up and saw a glowing orange object in the sky, to the east! It was moving very irregularly... suddenly there was intense light all around me - and when I came to, I was home. What do you think happened to me?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can just visualise the plane over Ewood at the Palace game.

Thanks to Venkys, the dingles have their chance of revenge. Pilot Andy Payton, write your own script on what trails behind to the dulcet tones of Barry White from the loud speaker.

FFS we can't let it happen.

Lets all do our bit to get 10 points we will probably need.

Ingredients

For the buns

300ml/10fl oz whole milk

500g/1lb 2oz strong white flour

75g/2½oz caster sugar

1 tsp salt

7g sachet fast-action yeast

50g/1¾oz butter

1 free-range egg, beaten

75g/2½oz sultanas

50g/1¾oz mixed peel

1 apple, cored and chopped

1 orange, zest only

1 tsp ground cinnamon

sunflower oil, for greasing the bowl

For the cross

75g/2½oz plain flour, plus extra for dusting

For the glaze

3 tbsp apricot jam

Preparation method

Bring the milk to the boil and then remove from the heat and leave to cool until it reaches hand temperature.

Mix the flour, sugar, salt, yeast, butter and egg together in a bowl, then slowly add the warmed milk until it forms a soft, sticky dough.

Add the sultanas, mixed peel, chopped apple and orange zest, then tip out of the bowl onto a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough by holding the dough with one hand and stretching it with the heal of the other hand, then folding it back on itself. Repeat for five minutes, or until smooth and elastic.

Technique: Kneading bread

Watch technique

2:35 mins

Put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with oiled cling film and leave to rise for approximately one hour, or until doubled in size.

Divide the dough into 12 even pieces, and roll each piece into a smooth ball on a lightly floured surface. Arrange the buns on a baking tray lined with parchment, leaving enough space so that the buns just touch when they rise and expand. Set aside to prove for another hour.

Heat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.

For the cross, mix the flour with about five tablespoons of water in small bowl, adding the water one tablespoon at a time, so that you add just enough for a thick paste. Spoon into a piping bag with a small nozzle. Pipe a line along each row of buns, then repeat in the other direction to create crosses.

Bake for 20-25 minutes on the middle shelf of the oven, or until golden-brown.

Gently heat the apricot jam to melt, then sieve to get rid of any chunks. While the jam is still warm, brush over the top of the warm buns and leave to cool. Gently rip the buns apart to serve, revealing temptingly soft edges.

Cheers

• Backroom

May as well stick this in here. Just saw this on that Twitter: http://www.uksport.gov.uk/jobs/Reading-Football-Club-First-Team-Performance-Analyst-Intern-110413

Get to the bottom line.

Fantastic full time and unsocial hours including traveling to games around the country for the grand sum of £0 and no travel expenses

Shebby is doing a lot less for close to half a million a year

Dirty Paws

Of Monsters And Men

Jumping up and down the floor,

My head is an animal.

And once there was an animal,

It had a son that mowed the lawn.

The son was an ok guy,

They had a pet dragonfly.

The dragonfly it ran away

But it came back with a story to say.

Her dirty paws and furry coat,

She ran down the forest slope.

The forest of talking trees,

They used to sing about the birds and the bees.

The bees had declared a war,

The sky wasn't big enough for them all.

The birds, they got help from below,

From dirty paws and the creatures of snow.

And for a while things were cold,

They were scared down in their holes.

The forest that once was green

Was colored black by those killing machines.

But she and her furry friends

Took down the queen bee and her men.

And that's how the story goes,

The story of the beast with those four dirty paws.

Archived