BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Squad for next season

My mistake.

In that case I would say there's not that much different between managers having their favourite agents to MD's having their favourite ones.

But what if that agent has absolutely nothing to do with the transfer initially? Why the need to pay two agents for instance the Rhodes deal?

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But what if that agent has absolutely nothing to do with the transfer initially? Why the need to pay two agents for instance the Rhodes deal?

Wasn't aware we had.

Who were they and what connection did they have to Rhodes/ the deal?

Wasn't aware we had.

Who were they and what connection did they have to Rhodes/ the deal?

Rather than taking over next years squad thread the names are mentioned elsewhere in another thread, also one pops up in the Appleton appointment thread

Doesn't seem to matter who the agent is if it's Tipp-ex Derek doing the contract , new ones seem to appear to finalise the deal, but hopefully with David Moyes getting the United gig his brother might head off after bigger fish . Nothing wrong with a MD having preferred agents I suppose worked well at PNE :) for some people

It matters a lot who the agent is, as its these guys playing a major part in controlling football. Every supporter of every club should know just who the contract footballer is with regards his appointed agent and agency at their club.

Wonder if it would bring about a change in peoples perception of professional football in this country, after all why should these guys be kept out of the limelight when they play such a key role in the game today.

Hi, wasn't sure where to post this or if it has been posted already and didn't think it warranted a new thread, but still some interesting stuff in this article and video from Luke Dowling(Rovers head of player recruitment under Appleton)- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2322700/The-Footballers-Football-Column--Luke-Dowling-The-FA-need-step-help-contracts-clubs-business.html (to me he doesn't seem the sharpest fella considering the importance of what is job was)

Dickson Etuhu winding Burnley fans up on twitter https://twitter.com/EtuhuDickson

Receiving death threats from Burnley fans.. really? I got 10 year olds telling me how they will kill me.. I can't take it haha

Think he might have been on the beer though :), looks like Appleton's twitter ban as died a death since he left

Like I said, this season is #brfc's season. We need the fans to get Ewood park rocking again - This club is made for the premiership!!

If Rovers are to have any financial future, the squad will be completely disposed of and we should start again.

Unfortunately, we have no scouting network as SEM made sure it was destroyed... allegedly.

isn't Ray Clarke our Chief Scout at the minute, plus Appleton bought in extra Scouts so we do have some club scouts.

Gomis is a very good player but we got Etuhu so cant see it happening unless we can get rid of Etuhu.

But Etuhu wants to stay according to twitter account

Guest Norbert

I'd like to see Carl Baker, James Bailey and Cyrus Christie come in to take the place of Orr, Murphy and Etuhu in our squad. All three of them would be an improvement.

Archived