BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Squad for next season

Was in one of the newspapers today that he's set to join rovers. Been mentioned in others places as well recently.

That would be a very strange one if true. According to wiki he only made 14 starts for Notts County last season and has effectively walked out on them at the end of his contract expressing a desire to play at a higher level.

Wiki gives his height as 5' 6 and a half " He always looked more like 5' 2 or 3 on the pitch when he was here.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be a very strange one if true. According to wiki he only made 14 starts for Notts County last season and has effectively walked out on them at the end of his contract expressing a desire to play at a higher level.

39 league appearances, 38 of them starts. 8 goals and 12 assists LINK

Also in the League 1 team of the year LINK

Alan Judge back to Rovers on a free transfer is a very strong rumour going round. Peoples thoughts? Anyone seen much of him since he left rovers?

Seen him on the footy league show a few times. He takes all the set-pieces and has scored some absolute crackers from long-range. Very 'busy' player, in the mould of David Thompson. Whether he'll cit it in a league higher remains to be seen, but there are lots of former lower-league players in the prem so who knows.

Was in one of the newspapers today that he's set to join rovers. Been mentioned in others places as well recently.

which newspaper?

Seen him on the footy league show a few times. He takes all the set-pieces and has scored some absolute crackers from long-range. Very 'busy' player, in the mould of David Thompson. Whether he'll cit it in a league higher remains to be seen, but there are lots of former lower-league players in the prem so who knows.

yeah, that's type of player like David Thompson.

which newspaper?

yeah, that's type of player like David Thompson.

Can't remember.Think it was The Times.

From the few times I've seen him he looks like he's technically decent with a good delivery. Not very pacy though.

We certainly need more pace in the side next season. Youth is the way forward for Rovers.

From the few times I've seen him he looks like he's technically decent with a good delivery. Not very pacy though.

We certainly need more pace in the side next season. Youth is the way forward for Rovers.

Agree on both points

Edit: it was in The Sun (thanks Darrenmike)

Wiki gives his height as 5' 6 and a half " He always looked more like 5' 2 or 3 on the pitch when he was here.

If he's half as good as Johnny Price he'll do for me. We need some busy players.

If we are indeed looking at Alan Judge, I would think that's a strong indication that Bowyer is getting the job. Or that at the very least he's being listened to. Can't imagine anyone else at Ewood recommending that signing, whereas Bowyer will know him from the academy.

Guest Norbert

Not so sure about Judge coming back. Maybe he is a late developer, but I don't remember him being the next big thing when he was a youngster. Still, if he is on a free and gets a reasonable contract it isn't a risk.

He was nominated for league one player of the season this year if I remember rightly?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11710/8581459/

The only down-side is I believe he plays as more of an attacking midfielder now than a RW.

Guess we're back to collecting hole players, lol.

From the stats this website has about him, the only position he wasn't used in the midfield was Defensive midfielder.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/alan-judge/leistungsdaten/spieler_42249.html

Judge is hardly a name to get excited about but think he would be a decent acquisition. It's not about big names and egos in this league as we proved last season. Williamson was hardly an exciting signing in January but he was very impressive. I was excited when Bentley came back but he was hopeless.

We need to move in a different direction recruitment wise. Can't spend big on has beens, need talented young players.

I haven't seen him play, but if that description is true he'll fit right in with Formica, Rochina, Gomes, Dunn and Pedersen... Not the type of player we should be looking at.

But they need a couple of leaders in my opinion to help them along, and instill a winning mentality.

+1. we need some experienced players to give some self confidence to youngsters. one of the reasons we did well at start of season was a false sense of confidence due to murphy's presence.

+1. we need some experienced players to give some self confidence to youngsters. one of the reasons we did well at start of season was a false sense of confidence due to murphy's presence.

I agree on this. we need to bring a goalscorer midfielder like King from Leicester City. plus signing Jones aswell on free would be good.

Judge is hardly a name to get excited about but think he would be a decent acquisition. It's not about big names and egos in this league as we proved last season. Williamson was hardly an exciting signing in January but he was very impressive. I was excited when Bentley came back but he was hopeless.

We need to move in a different direction recruitment wise. Can't spend big on has beens, need talented young players.

Judge would be a decent signing.

we need to more clever in the transfer market. signing Etuhu and Murphy were massive mistakes for us last season.

we need to bring back Rochina to Rovers.

wouldn't sign Kaz Permanent as he doesn't score enough goals for me. hopefully Best will come good after a PROPER pre season under our manager. hopefully this will be Gary Bowyer.

Archived