Ruben Rochina

Raheem Hanley

Jordan Rhodes

David Goodwillie

Jason Lowe

Mauro Formica

Fabio Nunes

Rosado (ready to give him a chance if no one wants him) not tested really

Nuno Henrique (haven't seen him so cant judge but a defender)

Sell/get rid:

David Bentley (loan ends)

Karim Rekik (loan ends)

Cameron Stewart (loan ends)

Bruno

Danny Murphy

Dickson Etuhu

Morten Gamst Pedersen

Leon Best

Kazim (won't stay anyway)

David Dunn

Paul Robinson

Bradley Orr

Gael Givet (won't stay anyway)

(Huge wages off the wage bill if these leaves)

Nuno Gomes (can't see him stay)

We would need to but some midfelders and a centre back for next season. Maybe a striker as replacement for Best.

Get Gianfranco Zola as manager to work with Bowyer if Watford fail to go up :) They do like each other and I think Zola could make Formica, Nunes and Rochina better players. I would also like to see Gus Poyet as manager.

I'm not having a go at anybody here but I think people are being naive in the amount of players we can sell/get rid of. Unfortunately in this day a lot of footballers don't particularly mind being "left to rot in the reserves", as huge wages keep rolling in to their bank accounts.

We are paying people like Givet (I know he is going) and Robinson huge amounts of money. In January they were told they could fill their boots and move on they obviously wanted the same money we paid them infact I may be wrong but im sure i read that Robinson actually wanted his contract paying up before he walked. As we all know none of them moved even though Givet was "suicidal" here.

Talk of realising people like Marcus Ollsson and the Portugese lads I can appreciate but contracts work both ways it protection for them and us, when players are released its usually to the tune of 70-100% of remaining wages (depending how good their agent is). So in short don't expect too many to be gone unless miraculously we can send clubs DVDs of Mortens goals in 2006 and they will take his wages on!

Blackburn Rovers 2013/2014 (some ideas):

Keep: (position and age)

GK - Jake Kean (22)

RB – Adam Henley (18)

CB – Grant Hanley (21)

CB – Scott Dann (26)

LB – Martin Olsson (24)

DM – Jason Lowe (21)

CM – Lee Williamson (30)

LW – Joshua King (21)

CF – Leon Best (26)

CF – Jordan Rhodes (23)

CF – Ruben Rochina (22) - has buying option

Sell or loan:

CB – Nuno Henrique (26) - sell or loan to portuguese team

RB – Bradley Orr (30)

RB – Bruno Ribeiro (30) - playing in Paulistao, maybe someone wants him there

DM – Dickson Etuhu (30) - try to sell or keep him in the squad

CM – Danny Murphy (36) - big wages, no football

CM – Paulo Jorge (20) - sell or loan to portuguese team

LM – MG Pedersen (31) - still has some market value

LM – Markus Olsson (24) - doesn't add much to the team

LW – Diogo Rosado (23) - probably loan to a portuguese team, has been a regular for benfica B

LW – Fábio Nunes (21) - has market value, if he isn't sold, maybe loan to a portuguese team that is in european competitions

AM – Mauro Fórmica (25) - no space in the formation, has buying option

CF – David Goodwillie (24) - loan maybe, to play regularly

CF – Nuno Gomes (36) - maybe try to send him to some arab team

CF – Edinho (19) - international for Portugal, maybe someone wants him

Sign:

GK – Sandomierski (23)

RB – Todd Kane (on loan) (19)

CM – David Dunn (1 season)(33)

CM – David Jones (28)

LM – Josh Morris (21)

Loan:

CB – Ryan Edwards (19)

CB – Anthony O’Connor (19)

CM – Raheem Hanley (18)

CF – Jordan Slew (20)

CF – Anton Forrester (18)

Release (end of contract): Paul Robinson (GK), Sebastian Usai (GK), Gael Givet (CB), Karim Rekik (CB), David Bentley (RM), Cameron Stewart (RW), Colin Kazim Richards (RW), D.J. Campbell (CF)

Of the big sell or loan list, if any of them is still at the club when preseason starts, they must join the team.

Some interesting team ideas Oklahoma, I would point out though that there is a difference between having the desire to get rid of a player and actually being able to achieve it. Do you really think clubs are going to want the likes of Pedersen, Etuhu and Murphy at their age, performance levels and wage? I don't think the demand is there. Even if we loan them out so they aren't in the squad I can see us having to pay their wages and therefore still have that drain on our wage budget.

Not sure Dunny is worth another contract, true he has played pretty well since coming back into the team but he is the sort of player who could end up injured most of next season. Perhaps he could be put on some kind of playing incenitve deal if the club really want to keep him, me? I think we should look to get rid.

Try and loan Tornike Okriashvili from Shakhtar and sign Steven Vitoria from Estoril.

Steven Vitoria is a good idea. He is a good CB that can score. 9 Goals this season.

But it seems Benfica is close to signing him.

Besides, he is portuguese. Rovers already have too many portuguese people.

Never heard of Okriashvili but his stats look interesting.

Some interesting team ideas Oklahoma, I would point out though that there is a difference between having the desire to get rid of a player and actually being able to achieve it. Do you really think clubs are going to want the likes of Pedersen, Etuhu and Murphy at their age, performance levels and wage? I don't think the demand is there. Even if we loan them out so they aren't in the squad I can see us having to pay their wages and therefore still have that drain on our wage budget.

Not sure Dunny is worth another contract, true he has played pretty well since coming back into the team but he is the sort of player who could end up injured most of next season. Perhaps he could be put on some kind of playing incenitve deal if the club really want to keep him, me? I think we should look to get rid.

I know that most of those players would be hard to get rid of but, even if we had to pay part of their wages, it wouldn't be bad to let them leave on loan. And, like I said, if they still have a contract with the club when the preseason starts, they have to join the rest of the team and, if the manager wants, maybe they can be part of the first team.

Dunn would be worth to sign on a smaller contract, maybe a pay as you play sort of deal.

I counted 43 players there Oklahoma! Shows what a mess we are in.

True.

But 13 of them are ending their contract and 5 are youth team players.

So, a big change in the squad is inevitable.

Steven Vitoria is a good idea. He is a good CB that can score. 9 Goals this season.

But it seems Benfica is close to signing him.

Besides, he is portuguese. Rovers already have too many portuguese people.

Never heard of Okriashvili but his stats look interesting.

Valentin Roberge too,but PSV very keen to take on a free.

Salim Cisse too,but work permit maybe problem.

Hugo Vieira

Valentin Roberge too,but PSV very keen to take on a free.

Salim Cisse too,but work permit maybe problem.

Hugo Vieira

All good players.

But be careful, they play in Portugal.

Hugo Vieira belongs to Benfica, could be easy to get on loan next season.

We should forget about all these fanciful targets and concentrate on who's out of cotract and will be cheap to get in. There plenty around if they get the scouting sorted. First priority is to get rid of some though as someone like Murphy probably counts for about 5 or 6 players at the level we should be looking at.

We should forget about all these fanciful targets and concentrate on who's out of cotract and will be cheap to get in. There plenty around if they get the scouting sorted. First priority is to get rid of some though as someone like Murphy probably counts for about 5 or 6 players at the level we should be looking at.

That was the analysis I made previously in this page...

We should look at the lower leagues for players that have really shone. Matt Ritchie from Bournemouth would be top of my list by a country mile, he's exactly what we need out wide. I'd have a look at Madden from Yeovil as well. Top of the scoring charts and in the team of the year. I'm sure he could chip in with 10-15 at this level and be a good squad player. David Cotterill from Doncaster and Maguire from Sheff Utd are two others that I would be looking at as well.

No more past-it PL players and unknown foreign youngsters this time round. I don't think there will be much argument when I say that probably our most successful signings this season have been Kane, Williamson and Rhodes. One hungry youngster wanting to prove himself and two stepping up from League One. I hope we learn from that.

I think Jones has also been fairly solid since coming in on loan LeChuck. I agree, that we should basically be trying to lure the best of the rest from the championship and the lower leagues. If we can pay top money for has beens, then we can certainly bring in the better championship players.

I think Jones has also been fairly solid since coming in on loan LeChuck. I agree, that we should basically be trying to lure the best of the rest from the championship and the lower leagues. If we can pay top money for has beens, then we can certainly bring in the better championship players.

Sorry totally forgot about Jones. There's always room for more experienced players if they have the right attitude of course. At least Jones is around the peak of his career, and not at the Etuhu/Gomes/Murphy end of things.

Sorry totally forgot about Jones. There's always room for more experienced players if they have the right attitude of course. At least Jones is around the peak of his career, and not at the Etuhu/Gomes/Murphy end of things.

Etuhu could still have some "good" years of football, he is only 30. The problem is his quality as a footballer.

If we're not playing a target man for Rhodes to play off, I'd like to see us play more of a 4-3-3. Like that game at Turf Moor a few seasons ago.

Preferably Martin Olsson on the left side like in that game. I imagine he's off though. Preferably Kazim on the right if he's still here, though I can't really see that either.

So King on one side, then another player on the other wing who likes to cross the ball into the box.

Dunn and Williamson, preferably Jones as well, as it stands in the middle but I'd like another attacking CM brought in.

This system needs overlapping full backs so the wide players can cut inside, preferably Kane and Henley.

Chris Burke would be excellent signing and I think out of contract at Brum in the summer.

I will look at Yeovil striker Paddy Madden who has scored 23 league goals for them and get them into the playoffs.

another player I would look is Luke Murphy from Crewe who is centre mid and only 24.

plus look at out of contract players this summer and aswell loan players from premiership clubs like Chelsea and Man City

Archived