BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Squad for next season

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw Judge play for County a lot last season, he looked far too good for that level, always did something and caused problems for the other sides, whilst also working his socks off. Would be very happy if we could pick him up on a free. Considering David Jones' form from the last few games of the season - especially against Millwall - i would definitely look to bring him in on a permanent as well. Nevertheless, I agree that removing the 'deadwood' in the squad is the main priority at the moment though.

I agree on this. we need to bring a goalscorer midfielder like King from Leicester City. plus signing Jones aswell on free would be good.

I did not mean players like that. I mean proper leaders, these have experience but they aren't the leaders I am talking about.

Its a good model to look for players between 18-30 years old, I agree and look to develop the players(although I doubt we have the staff to fully execute this plan).

Therefore the 2 players you mentioned I would be happy to see join.

I am talking about, preferably a centre back and central midfield player, aged 30-35, with plenty of experience, who can rally the team, 1 of them can replace Dann as captain who is not a leader by any stretch. Look back to our last promotion, people like Short and Flitcroft.

Kean

Henley - New Captain - Hanley - Mn Olsson/New LB

King/Judge - New Experienced Midfielder - Jones

Rochina - Rhodes - Sako/Adomoah

That would be a decent first 11, assuming we had 2 players, who don't necessarily have to cost much, or be of the highest calibre, you look at how Murphy backfired.

Look at Hudson at Cardiff, QPR had Hill and Derry, these players would compliment the other younger players, too often when we concede the heads go down.

I think the first key signing has to be getting jones permanently, jones and Williamson(who I think still has more to offer) in the centre of midfield doing what they have been the last halve a dozen games but with a more youthful quality player like Rochina or Formica playing ahead of them could be pretty good, Keeping Rhodes and signing a commanding centre back(that can actually head the ball) to replace the inconsistent liability that is Dann are equally important.(oh! and a wide player that can actually beat his man and put a good cross in wouldn't go a miss)

I think the first key signing has to be getting jones permanently, jones and Williamson(who I think still has more to offer) in the centre of midfield doing what they have been the last halve a dozen games but with a more youthful quality player like Rochina playing ahead of them could be pretty good, Keeping Rhodes and signing a commanding centre back(that can actually head the ball) to replace the inconsistent liability that is Dann are equally important.(oh! and a wide player that can actually beat his man and put a good cross in wouldn't go a miss)

agree with Jones and Williamson central midfielder partnership and playing Rochina in the number 10 role.

what about Wes Morgan from Leicester city for CB place?

winger would go for Burke from Birmingham City or Adomah from Bristol City or even Thomas who is on free.

tbh my knowledge of players at other clubs in this league is pretty non existent, following rovers is demanding enough, I rarely watch any other teams play these days(I didn't even have any interest in watching the final yesterday) Hopefully though if things don't sink any lower and we can build on the team that ended the season it may re-ignite my interest in football in general.

(saying that, yes Thomas on a free would be good as long as his wage/contract demands aren't stupid)

Williamson from Newcastle could probably do a better job than Dann for a massive profit.

Jerome Thomas is a good shout, we look much more comfortable in a 4-3-3. That way we can have 2 central midfielders that can either support the forwards or stick in their positions, and the wide men can cut in. Rochina would work well to the right, with Thomas on the left.

Williamson from Newcastle could probably do a better job than Dann for a massive profit.

Jerome Thomas is a good shout, we look much more comfortable in a 4-3-3. That way we can have 2 central midfielders that can either support the forwards or stick in their positions, and the wide men can cut in. Rochina would work well to the right, with Thomas on the left.

I think only Jones turned out to be a good signing from the PL. Williamson and Thomas will not be cheap. I'd much rather we bought hungry players from the lower divisions, too many ex-PL players with a missing appetite in our squad already.

If we want a winger then Matt Richtie is the one to go for. Don't know if we could afford him though.

Stewart would be decent with his pace. similar of player to Hoilett. But Stewart needs to play football every week to improve himself like Hoilett did.

Williamson would be very good for us. maybe even go for Dan Gosling aswell if we don't sign Jones permanent

The sign of things to come Den :(

I know SG. I'm just getting older and more bitter with what's happening. We were a premier league club only 12 months ago - and now Alan Judge would be a good signing for us. Soddin hell.

Wish I could forgive and move on like some.

A good left sided defender/midfielder is Shane Ferguson at Newcastle...young, quick, good going forward....not getting a chance at toon....decent...potential and would be an improvement on the cack out there now....might get a loan deal for the season cheap.

it's not a case of forgiving or forgetting, just not taking it personally and hopping for the best(if you'd prefer to just give up hope, then that says more about you)

Thanks. Me and the majority, which is about 12000 in total.

Yep. TJ's ignorance of Stewarts massive limitations is almost as good as

his ignorance of the fact that Lee Williamson is already a Rovers player.

Signeed on a free, as all clued up Rovers fans are aware.

Where does he intimate that?

I think you misread his post.

Yep. TJ's ignorance of Stewarts massive limitations is almost as good as

his ignorance of the fact that Lee Williamson is already a Rovers player.

Signeed on a free, as all clued up Rovers fans are aware.

To be fair BAWA TJ was referring to Mike, not Lee Williamson

Yes I apologise I read it wrong, oooopppps. It was the lack of correct pronunciation and the glowing reference to Stewart that threw me. Thanks for quoting my gaffe though for posterity :D

Still sticking with the crazy summation of Stewarts talents though. (or massive lack of them)

Archived