BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BIGGEST AWAY FOLLOWING EVER AT EWOOD ?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bolton, when they went up with Worthington et al, had the whole ground bar the BBE.

Wednesday brought some huge followings in the late 70s/early 80s. More recently there was Celtic's army of paraffin lamps.

On reflection, didn't Keegan play his first away game for the bar codes in a night match at Ewood? Seem to remember that there were so many Geordies even pubs in Intack and Whitebirk were packed with them.

Seen a few in my time.

City when the Massive brought millions,Newcastle in the Keegan heyday,obviously United every time and when Bolton invaded in the late 70's, any I've missed or forgot on purpose ?

Bolton promotion season late 70's was the biggest in recent memory I hear, I wasn't there myself.

Bolton, when they went up with Worthington et al, had the whole ground bar the BBE.

Wednesday brought some huge followings in the late 70s/early 80s. More recently there was Celtic's army of paraffin lamps.

On reflection, didn't Keegan play his first away game for the bar codes in a night match at Ewood? Seem to remember that there were so many Geordies even pubs in Intack and Whitebirk were packed with them.

I am pretty sure they had a good part of the BBE end, too, that evening. Much to our shame and embarrassment in those days of hooligan hierarchies.

i went the Bolton one with my Dad. Jesus,i despise em but they must have had 20,000 plus on that night. Bloody dodgy night for Rovers fans

It was, I remember hiding behind my old man on Nuttall Street and loads of scrapping on the Blackburn End.

It was, I remember hiding behind my old man on Nuttall Street and loads of scrapping on the Blackburn End.

I remember being sat up in the old Riverside Stand and seeing the Rovers fans from the Riverside terrace invading the pitch to join the only other Rover enclave in the Blackburn End.

I am pretty sure they had a good part of the BBE end, too, that evening. Much to our shame and embarrassment in those days of hooligan hierarchies.

It might have been a couple of seasons later that I went to Burnden Park with a mate who was a Leeds fan. I took great pleasure in seeing Bolton under the jackboot of an invading army!

Was at that game in the upper tier of the Nuttall Street stand. They were all over the ground that night and there wasn't a spare bit of space in the Darwen End either.

I'd just started secondary school at Moorland, one of my teachers was a geordie who lived in the Ewood area and he ripped the p1ss out of me for the remainder of term as they beat us comfortably.

Yup seemed to recall they had most of the BBE apart from me and my Uncle Tom...........: :wacko:

Chorley vs Preston in FA Cup replay had 15,000 away fans on Ewood.

I remember being at the replay at Deepdale stood with the Chorley fans ... but didn't make the first game at Ewood as I was down at St Andrews to watch Rovers play Birmingham.

I remember being at the replay at Deepdale stood with the Chorley fans ... but didn't make the first game at Ewood as I was down at St Andrews to watch Rovers play Birmingham.

A lot of BBurn Enders seemed to be in their usual spots that day :)

I remember being sat up in the old Riverside Stand and seeing the Rovers fans from the Riverside terrace invading the pitch to join the only other Rover enclave in the Blackburn End.

We was on the Riverside - but cant for the life of me remember why - - The entire ground erupted when they scored and we suddenly felt - very very alone!

Think Celtic or City for sheer numbers but my favourite memory was going into town on the sat morning (9am)of the Plymouth game and finding their fans running riot all over the town centre (not what I was expecting) My rovers badge disappeared mighty quick!

Yup seemed to recall they had most of the BBE apart from me and my Uncle Tom...........: :wacko:

I was in the BBE and can't remember any near me. Certainly didn't see any fighting in there. I think their following that night has been exaggerated over the years.

Rovers away- Wigan in the cup was big. Many have mentioned Gigg Lane promotion. Missed this by a couple of years and have always been jealous of those that went.

I was told about an idiot with an air rifle taking pot shots at Rovers fans at a Gigg Lane, can anyone back this up?

Archived