BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lap of honour

JBiz

they should all hang their heads in shame

Simpler and more preferable to just clear off home a minute after they have started it.

Abbey will ask you Gordon, what about the Rovers Fans? Im thinking it, but i cant ask the question, as i will just be told im a million miles away and dont attend Ewood.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what hurts the most? the fact that the fans in the Stands would probably bleed for a chance to play for their home town club,a chance to live a privileged lifestyle of Sport and being paid a Kings wage to do it.

This team is one of the most gutless underperforning bunch I have ever witnessed at Ewood.

• Backroom

You know what hurts the most? the fact that the fans in the Stands would probably bleed for a chance to play for their home town club,a chance to live a privileged lifestyle of Sport and being paid a Kings wage to do it.

This team is one of the most gutless underperforning bunch I have ever witnessed at Ewood.

Statements like this bug me. Fans in the stand most likely aren't even up to this shoddy team's standard. The reality is that Robbie Savage had more technical ability than anyone in the stand.

Ofc we'd shed blood, sweat and tears but we'd still be even shitter than anyone paid to do it.

• Moderation Lead

They haven't shown the @#/? required to turn up all season, I'd find it amazing if they had the @#/? to do a lap of honour.

Honour being the operative word....... :glare:

What 'bugs me' even more darrenmike is seeing this bunch of underperforming Ham shankers in our famous shirt taking the club and fans for mugs!

I stand by what I say Sir!

Lets get it right here, there has been no underperforming of the players, absolutely none. They are who they are.

It should be really interesting to see the reaction of the crowd to this end of season walk around the pitch.

Statements like this bug me. Fans in the stand most likely aren't even up to this shoddy team's standard. The reality is that Robbie Savage had more technical ability than anyone in the stand.

But at least we'd try + give 100% unlike these wa888888

Lets get it right here, there has been no underperforming of the players, absolutely none. They are who they are.

Absolute garbage Jal. You're telling me that Murphy, Etuhu, CKR, Martin Olsson, Josh King & Best (granted the latter was injured for 80% of the season) - just to pick out six, have given 110% in all matches that they've played this season?

You could argue that CKR has put in a shift each time, but he's also been a petulant tw@t for a fair share of it too which has underminded our team on more than one occasion.

Absolute garbage Jal. You're telling me that Murphy, Etuhu, CKR, Martin Olsson, Josh King & Best (granted the latter was injured for 80% of the season) - just to pick out six, have given 110% in all matches that they've played this season?

You could argue that CKR has put in a shift each time, but he's also been a petulant tw@t for a fair share of it too which has underminded our team on more than one occasion.

Im saying they've given 100% when they've played.

Individually and collectively the reality is they were never good enough for the task at hand some better than others granted though.

It should be really interesting to see the reaction of the crowd to this end of season walk around the pitch.

By underperforming I presume you mean not trying or 'coasting' in football parlance. If you do mean that I have seen many occasions when most of those mentioned on this thread just simply haven't tried. The body language of most of these tells you that they couldn't care less. Being out of form is one thing but going through the motions is unforgivable.

We didn't get one last season, they didn't have the nerve...so no, we won't!

I remember when we got relegated in '98 and we all gave the team a standing ovation for their effort in that last game against utd. We watched JW's heart break on the screen. But the main thing we felt was 'hope'. Those were the relegation days, sigh.

It'd be nice to be able to applaud the younger players like Jake K, Hanley and Rhodes, but the likes of Murphy, Orr and Best deserve absolutely nothing from the fans.

Unfortunately you can't do both at the same time, so it's probably best for all involved if they don't bother.

What would be nice is if some of the better players, who have actually put a shift in this season, take it upon themselves to do a mini 'lap of honour' and leave the likes of Murphy to hide in the changing room.

Im saying they've given 100% when they've played.

Individually and collectively the reality is they were never good enough for the task at hand some better than others granted though.

If murphy and Orr have given 100% then I'm Agnew.

Again, you claim that all of Murphy, Etuhu, CKR, Martin Olsson, Josh King & Best have given 100% in every game? They're just some of the name's I've plucked out, but IMO these are the worst offenders. Orr is a cretin, but does put a shift in.

I think what you thought you were getting with these players was far higher than what they were capable of.

If I'm not mistaken it isn't really a lap of honour as such, don't they call it a show of appreciation from the players to thank the fans for their support during the season. After the season we've had I think the tradition would be all the more applicable this year. I know some players don't bother to clap towards the fans at end of matches but I think you'll find that most of the players did after the Burnley game and the recent crucial win over Huddersfield. Quite frankly by the final whistle in most games Ewood is usually already more than half-empty as people can't seeming wait to get away so in some regards I don't blame the players for not clapping in the direction of empty stands. I hope they do the lap this year as it would be nice to see the 10,000 or so supporters who have gritted this season out to be thanked for their support by the players who most would agree have under-performed throughout the season.

• Backroom

If you define blaming fans for relegation and telling them to F off is 100% then yes he does.

As much as I despise Orr as a human being, neither of those things have anything to do with the fact he tries his best on the pitch.

Archived