BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chris Taylor - Set to sign

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

they have been complete fools, but they aren`t fools. all i`m reading from detractors on here is heresay after heresay, not proven fact.

So this coming season, they'll suddenly become great owners and we'll become a well managed club, with great administrators, and no suspicions of any funny business going on? I'm taking Satre's approach-if they act like fools, they are fools.

What are the immigration rules about coming over to Fantasy Island? I'd like to visit one day. Perhaps you could recommend a B&B or places to go.

Its not hearsay that Venkys have completely failed us. They have, it must have passed you by.

Any notion that they will somehow turn things around is pure invention though.

Repeat, are you on a wind- up?

up till now, yes. they are still here however, and the only way to take that is that they are determined to succeed in what they have said they want to do. it might seem a long shot, but it is not impossible that they turn this around.

up till now, yes. they are still here however, and the only way to take that is that they are determined to succeed in what they have said they want to do. it might seem a long shot, but it is not impossible that they turn this around.

However, on past experience, it is more probable that they won't.

saxo1man30 is just the latest name for a Venky's-supporting (employee) poster who has had various guises on here.

It isn't. He's been posting on RoversMad for a while, certainly pre Venkys.

Guest Norbert

You should go back to choking Balaji's chicken Paxoman, either you are just taking the p_ss, or you need to see a psychiatrist. I hope for your sake it is the former.

you mean cannot be proven either way i assume..?

so, we've got you to accept points 1 and 2.

Point 3, meaning that their poultry business can sustain the losses made by the Rovers. It is my contention that they can't.

again opinion.

and yours aren't?

If we want to get promoted we should be signing fringe PL players, good players in this league or excellent players in the league below. Look at Cardiff's 11 last season:

1. Marshall - 5 years at Celtic

2. Connolly - Championship title with QPR

3. Taylor - 4 years in the Prem with Middlesbrough

4. Hudson - Nothing special

5. Turner - England under 19 cap

6. Whittingham - 5 years in the Prem with Villa

7. Conway - 3 caps for Scotland (arguably nothing special)

8. Gunnarson - 34 caps for Iceland

9. Bellamy - Awesome

10. Helguson - Prem player with Watford, Fulham, Bolton and QPR.

11. Noone - Nothing special

Thats probably the worst team to win the Championship in years and it still had 7 players in it who you could class as being of PL standard before the season started. Thats what we need. As I say I hope Taylor proves me wrong and does the business, but I'm very worried that we're shopping at a level below where we need to be. Of course this is all assuming the aim is promotion next season, maybe I just need to start getting used to the idea that it might not be.

As a contrast: Norwich's promotion winning side:

1. John Ruddy - Former Cambridge Utd, fringe player at Everton (loaned out to various clubs)

2. Russel Martin - League 1 (Peterborough), L2 (Wycombe)

3. Elliot Ward - Championship with West Ham & Coventry

4. Leon Barnett - Championship with West Brom (Luton before that)

5. Adam Drury - Played the relegation season of 04/05 for Norwich, only top flight season for him

6. David Fox - Youth player at Man Utd (no games for them), League 1 (and possibly Champ) for Blackpool, L1 for Colchester

7. Andrew Crofts - Gillingham and Brighton in Champ and lower leagues

8. Simon Lappin - St. Mirren in Scotland (2 seasons in the Scottish Prem [2001 & 2007])

9. Wes Hoolahan - Former Shelbourne, Livingston and Blackpool (no Prem)

10. Grant Holt - 4 games in Championship for Blackpool. League 1 & 2 for Rochdale, Forest, Schrewsbury

11. Chris Martin - Norwich youth product, debut season after they were relegated from Prem.

Other important players that season: Simeon Jackson - Former Gillingham, Andrew Surman - 7 Prem apps, Zak Whitbread - Former Millwall, Corey Smith - Own product, Henri Lansbury - Champ exp

My point is the right players, the right manager and a winning mentality can beat experience from higher levels. There are many ways to Rome, and all that.

Not the first time you've come out with this type of name calling, general smartarsery and sarkyness. Poor stuff.

some people can`t just have a debate on football issues without resorting to that sadly..

so, we've got you to accept points 1 and 2.

Point 3, meaning that their poultry business can sustain the losses made by the Rovers. It is my contention that they can't.

and yours aren't?

no, mine are interpretations.

Saxoman...people aren't stupid mate. We have all witnessed the Rovers dramatic fall down the league and downsizing in all areas of the club. Trying to put a positive spin on gross stupidity makes you look foolish. Some balance in your posts would help.

To clarify, the Venky's have waxed about 60% of our turnover, 50% of our fans, 70% of our better players and about 25% of our league position. In a year or two.

Glad your confident they can turn things round. I remain of the opinion they would not have made such a diabolical mess of things if they had the abilities and nous in the first place to 'turn things round'. Like flicking a light switch eh?

Not the first time you've come out with this type of name calling, general smartarsery and sarkyness. Poor stuff.

Cmn, I've answered 3 or 4 posts of his with respect and logic and all he does, to me and everyone else is lob the same ball back.

Venkys are going to improve-----right! He's on a wind-up alright and that is moronic imo.

Not bothered what you think about it.

You should go back to choking Balaji's chicken Paxoman, either you are just taking the p_ss, or you need to see a psychiatrist. I hope for your sake it is the former.

Chris, you had a shot at 47er, but made no mention of the post earlier?

There are plenty of times where posters miss the message and get the poster. That can't be said of 47er on this occasion.

Apologies to Norbet for using his post as an example

so venky`s are delibratly doing this and all is going to their plan? you give over..

venky`s are astute business people in the poultry and pharmachutical industry, not football.

Listen WUM I never said it was deliberate or indeed that they have a 'plan', read my post again.

Astute business people can adapt to any business, look at Richard Branson as an example.

Saxoman...people aren't stupid mate. We have all witnessed the Rovers dramatic fall down the league and downsizing in all areas of the club. Trying to put a positive spin on gross stupidity makes you look foolish. Some balance in your posts would help.

To clarify, the Venky's have waxed about 60% of our turnover, 50% of our fans, 70% of our better players and about 25% of our league position. In a year or two.

Glad your confident they can turn things round. I remain of the opinion they would not have made such a diabolical mess of things if they had the abilities and nous in the first place to 'turn things round'. Like flicking a light switch eh?

glad you stated `opinion`.

i`ve already said venky`s have made a hell of a mess of things, but i interpret their remaining at the club as a sign of intent to turn things around. i`m pretty sure they aren`t still here just to wind up their detractors..

Archived