BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chris Taylor - Set to sign

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

buy your chicken burgers from us, the owners of a football team from a league no-one cares about..? mmm..

They've HAD the publicity. Not much else they can get from us other than a decent price from a buyer.

I don't think I'd class any of those as uglier players. Curtis was great until he somehow lost his form. Ostenstad aside perhaps those were all top quality players. We had a very very good squad last time we got promoted from this division.

Curtis was brilliant for Rovers in the promotion season, what went wrong after that ? Did he fallout with Souey ?

It is crazy some of the waffle that goes on this board by some people. I mean seriously if you know anything about Millwall and why they finished so low in the league was because they sold their two best strikers! Darius Henderson, and Chris Wood. They would of and were above us most of the season when they had those two strikers with them. Seriously if you have doubts any Chris Taylor you are in the clouds, I have seen him most home games at Millwall this year, (Even though I am a Rovers fan) and he is solid, and just what this league needs.

It is absolutely insane that some people take a snob approach to the lower leagues but the likes of Matt Ritchie, Marc Pugh, Max Clayton, Luke Murphy, and Luke Freeman in the lower leagues would walk into most top 10 Championship teams. If there is one thing you think we would of learned this year was that hard working players is far more important that the technical ability. It was Williamson and Jones who brought a bit of steel to our midfield, not Murphy, Rochina, Rosado, or whoever else you want to throw in there.

Next season we need hard working players we need people who will fight, and give it their all the likes of Jones, Kane, and Taylor is a brilliant start. Just need to build on that maybe get Jerome Thomas and a striker in

It is crazy some of the waffle that goes on this board by some people. I mean seriously if you know anything about Millwall and why they finished so low in the league was because they sold their two best strikers! Darius Henderson, and Chris Wood. They would of and were above us most of the season when they had those two strikers with them. Seriously if you have doubts any Chris Taylor you are in the clouds, I have seen him most home games at Millwall this year, (Even though I am a Rovers fan) and he is solid, and just what this league needs.

It is absolutely insane that some people take a snob approach to the lower leagues but the likes of Matt Ritchie, Marc Pugh, Max Clayton, Luke Murphy, and Luke Freeman in the lower leagues would walk into most top 10 Championship teams. If there is one thing you think we would of learned this year was that hard working players is far more important that the technical ability. It was Williamson and Jones who brought a bit of steel to our midfield, not Murphy, Rochina, Rosado, or whoever else you want to throw in there.

Next season we need hard working players we need people who will fight, and give it their all the likes of Jones, Kane, and Taylor is a brilliant start. Just need to build on that maybe get Jerome Thomas and a striker in

+1000

He just wasnt good enough to play at the top level.

Correct, he probably peaked and played above his station with us then got found out a bit and ended up back at his natural level. Good solid pro but in all honesty he was probably just a bit better than a Bradley Orr, good bloke though not a #### like Orr :)

Guest Norbert

I'd take Carl Baker and Cyrus Christie off Coventry's hands if they didn't fancy playing at Memorial Park next season.

Whats so good about being solid and honest? There are vanishingly few jokers like Danny Murphy in the game, we only had more than 1 in the same squad last season because we're run by incompetents, but simply managing not to sign that type of rare extremely lazy player isn't an achievement. As always I'll support the lad at games and I hope he does well, but is there anything about him that makes him a good player in this league? He's spent the vast majority of his career at a league 1/2 club and was into his mid-20s before anyone rated him enough to play above that level. We've just had our worst league finish in 22 years and our first signing comes from a team that finished below us. Hardly inspiring stuff is it? Very strange how signing mid-table PL workhorses under Allardyce wasn't good enough for a lot of fans, but signing bottom half Championship workhorses now is.

Great post. EIT---this will do well as my answer to your question. Signing someone I feel could take us back to the Premiership would please me. Don't forget that years after Jack died we were safely ensconced in the Premiership. It took Venkys not long to throw that away, so imo they owe us.

There are no such thing as a "free" transfer.

We'll pay his wages and a signing on fee, same with every transfer. But that's it.

Unless I'm missing something? You only have to pay a development fee if they're 24 or under and he isn't, his contract is running out, so all we have to do is give him one ourselves.

We'll pay his wages and a signing on fee, same with every transfer. But that's it.

Unless I'm missing something? You only have to pay a development fee if they're 24 or under and he isn't, his contract is running out, so all we have to do is give him one ourselves.

Agent's fees?

but are you one of those who seem to actively WANT venky`s out, even if they got us into the premier league now after whats gone before, i.e. there`s no way back for them in your eyes, no matter what?

Too hypothetical. I want them out because based on experience, we will never prosper under Venkys. So your question is redundant.

keep hearing jerome thomas`s name mentioned..

wasn`t he michael appleton`s target? why would we sign him now?

Too hypothetical. I want them out because based on experience, we will never prosper under Venkys. So your question is redundant.

no it`s not, it`s perfectly valid. people can always reverse their mistakes over time if they are willing to persist, and so far venky`s are persisting. a lot of what is aimed at venky`s is heresay made up by fans with an agenda to force them out i.e. it`s not their money they`re using, it`s loans and parachute payments. we are loosing 2 million a month and being plunged into mass debt, we are close to administaraion etc etc

where`s the smoking gun is what i ask? where`s the proof of those allegations? why would we be signing players for the new season ahead, rather than selling en masse, if that was the truth? when have venky`s EVER in fact sold a player that hadn`t insisted upon the transfer himself?

no-one acknowledges their terrible MISTAKES at the club since taking over more than me, but that is all they have been, MISTAKES, nothing more sinister.

Well the reason we aren't selling players en masse is because we can't. When the window opens we shall see. However it doesnt take a genius to work out the club cant sustain the current financial outgoings. Given we have been linked with two free transfers some might argue that it reflects the level of funding we have available. I'll reserve judgement on that topic until the end of the summer window. But i wont reserve judgement on venkys. I don't really buy into them being illegal and immoral owners. But I do believe they are utterly clueless and every passing day they remain at the helm takes us plummeting into unchartered depths of ruin. They may have good intentions and they may be persistent but Rovers would be better off without thanks very much.

keep hearing jerome thomas`s name mentioned..

wasn`t he michael appleton`s target? why would we sign him now?

no it`s not, it`s perfectly valid. people can always reverse their mistakes over time if they are willing to persist, and so far venky`s are persisting. a lot of what is aimed at venky`s is heresay made up by fans with an agenda to force them out i.e. it`s not their money they`re using, it`s loans and parachute payments. we are loosing 2 million a month and being plunged into mass debt, we are close to administaraion etc etc

where`s the smoking gun is what i ask? where`s the proof of those allegations? why would we be signing players for the new season ahead, rather than selling en masse, if that was the truth? when have venky`s EVER in fact sold a player that hadn`t insisted upon the transfer himself?

no-one acknowledges their terrible MISTAKES at the club since taking over more than me, but that is all they have been, MISTAKES, nothing more sinister.

I can forgive a mistake, maybe two, but when Venky's have stumbled from one cock up to the next, it makes you wonder what the hell is going on.

You don't sack a manager who has a record of being consistent,

you don't force out arguably the best administrator in English football,

You don't get rid of tried and tested players that could keep you at the highest level,

You don't appoint an inexperienced manager,

when things are going pearshaped, you don't persist with a manager out of his depth

You don't admit , in court, that things are out of control.

These are just a few things that can be levelled at the Venkys.

If you haven't learned by the second mistake, then there's a problem.

Now, with the sums of money involved, they are either being incredibly stupid, have money to burn, or

they are being manipulated.

What pisses me off is, they wouldn't make such a cock up of their poultry business, otherwise they'd be broke, but they are making a monumental cock up of owning the Rovers.

Now you present the supporting case of why the Venkys are good owners and why they should persist at Ewood.

I can forgive a mistake, maybe two, but when Venky's have stumbled from one cock up to the next, it makes you wonder what the hell is going on.

You don't get rid of tried and tested players that could keep you at the highest level,

when things are going pearshaped, you don't persist with a manager out of his depth

Now, with the sums of money involved, they are either being incredibly stupid, have money to burn, or

What pisses me off is, they wouldn't make such a cock up of their poultry business, otherwise they'd be broke, but they are making a monumental cock up of owning the Rovers.

Now you present the supporting case of why the Venkys are good owners and why they should persist at Ewood.

+1000

Has this already been suggested? -

One of the primary functions of Rovers, in terms of benefiting an agency; is to drum up interest in players in the media. This in turn improves players stock (as it would seem more teams are interested) which can improve chances of a transfer and a new contract - which both benefit the agent.

It happened a lot 2 summers ago (when we were supposed to have a huge budget) and most of the players we were linked with i.e.; Keisuke Honda, (signed new deal in 2011) Axel Witsel, Pablo Piatti (both of those moved soon after rovers interest) - there are many more!

Could this Taylor fellow be the first of many this summer who will be linked with us for a similar reason?

Give over, Balaji and Anderson are lovers..... And the V's are astute business people, no way, shape, or form are they naive.

so venky`s are delibratly doing this and all is going to their plan? you give over..

venky`s are astute business people in the poultry and pharmachutical industry, not football.

this is the key one and the issue that needs resolving.

Archived