BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chris Taylor - Set to sign

Yet there will always be the few to refuse to look at the bigger picture, and instead slag off pretty much every incoming transfer, never suggesting any alternatives. Rather moaning about the fact that Venky's had promised Champions League football on a budget of 5 million, and now they're shocked that it didn't transpire.

Lol. Refusing to look at the bigger picture eh? Plenty of fans have been telling you for two and a half years what the bigger picture would consist of. Lower league football with the loss of thousands of fans. Don't tell me about the bigger picture.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. Refusing to look at the bigger picture eh? Plenty of fans have been telling you for two and a half years what the bigger picture would consist of. Lower league football with the loss of thousands of fans. Don't tell me about the bigger picture.

I meant that if we don't want to keep playing lower league football, then we need to start signing players like Taylor.

look at the bigger picture ha ,thats what we are doing.

what do you think you are acheiving by constantly pissing and moaning on this messageboard about everything the club try to do? if you have no interest in the football club as it currently exists, then why even post at all? do you have nothing else you could be doing?

A bit like Lee Williamson then. Nick Blackman is in the Premier League at the moment, is he better than Rhodes who no Prem club wanted? No because you rate players based on watching them and analysing their ability, not by which league they currently or have previously played in. And he impressed me and probably everyone else in the Cup, also it sounds like Millwall fans rate him.

So what if his team finished below us? George Boyd probably would have finished below us if he didn't leave in January, Adomah and Sako did. Benteke might finish below Norwich or Stoke, will their fans turn their noses up at him? No because that would be stupid.

This looks like it will be a good signing, fairly young, decent, hard-working, experienced in the league, all the things we've constantly being crying out for all season.

Yet there will always be the few to refuse to look at the bigger picture, and instead slag off pretty much every incoming transfer, never suggesting any alternatives. Rather moaning about the fact that Venky's had promised Champions League football on a budget of 5 million, and now they're shocked that it didn't transpire.

Yeah exactly like Lee Williamson, and he'll probably have exactly the same effect, bottom half of the Championship. Well nobody in this thread has watched Taylor on a regular basis and fans ability to analyse a player is always amateur, as thats what they are. Which league they've spent the majority of their career in tells you how professional managers have analysed them, I'd say thats a much better approach in judging a player, let the pros do it for you.

He's 26, thats not young, players peak at about 25/26 these days. And there's that hard-working, honest, solid etc adjective again, all mean the same thing, all the easiest and least impressive of attributes. Virtually every player in this league is hardworking, its like praising a racehorse for having 4 legs.

The alternatives are players with some noticeable quality at this level, who've succeeded at this level or who've blown away the level below (like Rhodes). We're getting £16m next season that every club bar 4 in the league aren't getting, it just strikes me as rather tragic that fans are happy about signings like this. I'm not annoyed about it, I'm just not fussed. Players like Taylor aren't gonna get us in the play-offs, Venkys will have to do better than that or we'll finish in the same place we have this season.

A bit like Lee Williamson then. Nick Blackman is in the Premier League at the moment, is he better than Rhodes who no Prem club wanted? No because you rate players based on watching them and analysing their ability, not by which league they currently or have previously played in. And he impressed me and probably everyone else in the Cup, also it sounds like Millwall fans rate him.

So what if his team finished below us? George Boyd probably would have finished below us if he didn't leave in January, Adomah and Sako did. Benteke might finish below Norwich or Stoke, will their fans turn their noses up at him? No because that would be stupid.

This looks like it will be a good signing, fairly young, decent, hard-working, experienced in the league, all the things we've constantly being crying out for all season.

Good points.

Got to have that mix, no coincidence players like Tommy Smith, Heidar Helguson, Paul McShane, Stephen Quinn, Liam Rosenior have all been promoted this season and in years gone by. You need these ''unfashionable'' players at this level.

Last time we were promoted, we were spoilt with a great squad (namely Duff, Dunn and Jansen), but it still needed the uglier players to contribute, the likes of John Curtis, Jason McAteer, Marcus Bent, Egil Ostenstad and Craig Hignett.

Is this going to be the automatic question for every summer target?

Whilst theres a stench of Elvis and his little elves still in the building , it's got be asked hasn't it? along with who is signing these off , has Tipp-ex been given his pens back and if any other agents are brought into the deal to errm , get a fee for being there

what do you think you are acheiving by constantly pissing and moaning on this messageboard about everything the club try to do? if you have no interest in the football club as it currently exists, then why even post at all? do you have nothing else you could be doing?

Oh shut up , rovers are not even your team you moron.

Guest Norbert

Exactly Rog, that is what all the Mrs. Lovejoy types on the board forget. If Taylor and maybe Judge could come in on free transfers, and we can get shot of Pedersen, Murphy the Portugeezers and Etuhu, then the quality will not decrease at all, but there will be a sharp increase in how much players give a sh_t about winning. And with a wage bill decrease, we might be able to add that quality as well.

Exactly Rog, that is what all the Mrs. Lovejoy types on the board forget. If Taylor and maybe Judge could come in on free transfers, and we can get shot of Pedersen, Murphy the Portugeezers and Etuhu, then the quality will not decrease at all, but there will be a sharp increase in how much players give a sh_t about winning. And with a wage bill decrease, we might be able to add that quality as well.

Problem is its looking more likely that Grant Hanley is going and not your Murphys and Etuhus of this world which if so doesnt look good at all for the clubs immediate fortunes.

Good points.

Got to have that mix, no coincidence players like Tommy Smith, Heidar Helguson, Paul McShane, Stephen Quinn, Liam Rosenior have all been promoted this season and in years gone by. You need these ''unfashionable'' players at this level.

Last time we were promoted, we were spoilt with a great squad (namely Duff, Dunn and Jansen), but it still needed the uglier players to contribute, the likes of John Curtis, Jason McAteer, Marcus Bent, Egil Ostenstad and Craig Hignett.

Curtis had played 13 times for Man U, McAteer 100 times for Liverpool, Bent had a 1 in 2 scoring record in our division with Sheff Utd, Ostenstad close to 1 in 3 in the Prem with Southampton, Hignett had been in 2 cup finals with Middlesbrough. These were miles better players than the likes of Taylor, Williamson, Jones etc that fans seem to be mystifyingly happy about, and yet still they were only good enough to be fringe players in a squad that was still outside the promotion places for most of the season. It takes a lot more than the quality of what we've been signing since January to get out of this league, either fans are deluding themselves that the Championship is a lot worse than it is or they've already thrown in the towel.

As I said we have to do better than this. You don't get promoted by signing journeymen cause they'll work hard, you get promoted by signing quality and then getting them to work hard.

Problem is its looking more likely that Grant Hanley is going and not your Murphys and Etuhus of this world which if so doesnt look good at all for the clubs immediate fortunes.

Eh? Where's that come from?

Spot on with that post imo.

Guest Norbert

Who's been linked to Hanley?

That would be true if the few decent players did leave, and the crap stayed.

rovers spent big in bringing in big names in murphy, etuhu and best last summer(which fans were delighted with at the time may i add), and they prove to be amounst our poorest performers. spending cash doesn`t guarentee those players will do the business and signing players for free doesn`t mean they won`t.

if these 2 players come in(and now i`m hearing alan judge has a preference for ipswich in any case), i`d be backing them 100%.

• Backroom

I think many fans just have different expectations. I feel as though Taylor (and possibly Judge) will end up astute signings. That view stems from this: The key to a team is surely to add to what works, right?

So Taylor is a winger. Where are we lacking? On the wing. He APPEARS to be better than what we already have there. I suspect it'll be a positive move. FWIW, Wiki thinks he's officially ours: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Taylor_(footballer)

Judge is (I believe) a central midfielder in the box-to-box mould, but likes to dribble and attack. We only have a perpetually injured Dunn in that sort of role at the moment. I suspect it'll be a positive move

The thing is, we can only judge on where they've played before and how. But the only thing that matters is how they play while here. So while I'm fairly positive about the 2 (if they indeed come here), I will judge them on their performances here.

Every single player of any quality has instructed their agent to find a new club.

I know for a fact you are making that up and that it isn't true.

Unless a particular player in question I was talking to two weeks ago was lying through his teeth. According to said player he still saw himself as being here next season.

rovers spent big in bringing in big names in murphy, etuhu and best last summer(which fans were delighted with at the time may i add), and they prove to be amounst our poorest performers. spending cash doesn`t guarentee those players will do the business and signing players for free doesn`t mean they won`t.

if these 2 players come in(and now i`m hearing alan judge has a preference for ipswich in any case), i`d be backing them 100%.

I have not been "delighted" since the lunes from pune came., hey hey calm down calm down lad.

I have not been "delighted" since the lunes from pune came., hey hey calm down calm down lad.

your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what?

Is he 6ft? Christ am I thinking of the right man? I had him down as a littl'en. Looked small to me when I watched him. Time for an eye test I think chaps - either that or next time insist on a seat that faces the pitch :brfcsmilie:

Either way - Dwarf or taller than me - he looked like a fiery bugger. Could do with a few of those rather than putting up with the spineless dross of last season

I think you are talking about keogh not taylor.. keogh is small.

Let me give a bit of info on Chris Taylor being a London based Rovers fan, and someone who has followed Kenny Jackett career closely (because I believe he is a seriously under rated manager). Chris Taylor is by far better than any winger we have, I have had the chance to see him at the Den numerous times this year, and he is one of the best wingers in this league that I have seen. People rave on about Zaha, Bolasie, and so forth. But you won't find a harder working player than Chris Taylor. He is under rated, can bang in a brilliant cross, and is exactly the type of player we need. Mark my words should he sign, he will be one of our best players next year, the man is seriously good.

Inspiring signing Mr Bowyer. Where can I buy season tickets Gary lad to see your amazing array of top class championship signings? :/

This comment is hilarious. You think you would of learned something from last year with are so called Premier League signings....

Best, Murphy, Etuhu, Josh King, DJ Campbell....Yet our best signing came from League One!!!! At least do some research before making yourself look silly Taylor is one of the best wingers in the league!

Let me give a bit of info on Chris Taylor being a London based Rovers fan, and someone who has followed Kenny Jackett career closely (because I believe he is a seriously under rated manager). Chris Taylor is by far better than any winger we have, I have had the chance to see him at the Den numerous times this year, and he is one of the best wingers in this league that I have seen. People rave on about Zaha, Bolasie, and so forth. But you won't find a harder working player than Chris Taylor. He is under rated, can bang in a brilliant cross, and is exactly the type of player we need. Mark my words should he sign, he will be one of our best players next year, the man is seriously good.

This comment is hilarious. You think you would of learned something from last year with are so called Premier League signings....

Best, Murphy, Etuhu, Josh King, DJ Campbell....Yet our best signing came from League One!!!! At least do some research before making yourself look silly Taylor is one of the best wingers in the league!

your wasting your time i suspect, some people will only see anything rovers do as negative as long as venky`s are owning the club. your talking about people here who are saying they`d rather see rovers in the conference minus venky`s than in the premier league with them, that`s the mentality we are dealing with here..

Archived