BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chris Taylor - Set to sign

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seemed okay, can remember the Millwall fans singing 'there's only one Chrissy Taylor' during the 0-2 home game and they're hardly the easiest fans in the world to get the right side of.

Must've made a good impression when you bear in mind he'd only been there a few months.

Linked with two free transfers (Judge) already, a big taste of things to come.

• Backroom

I'd rather sign decent championship players than sign past it premiership players with hugely inflated egos. Would be a good signing imo.

Inspiring signing Mr Bowyer. Where can I buy season tickets Gary lad to see your amazing array of top class championship signings? :/

So you are not buying a season ticket ? GOOD.

You call yourself "Blue and White Army" and day in day out you come out with these unfunny one liners constantly slagging of GB who saved us from the drop ?

Why don't you do one to clarets mad. You will probably feel more at home there.

Yep. The transition to sh*t club is certainly complete with the linking of Judge and Taylor.......amazing

It's called reality. We are no longer the club that 'Jack Built' but have returned to the club we were in the late 1960s, 1970s and 1980s. Money will be tight and we have to cut our cloth accordingly. Taylor has done well with Millwall in the Championship and that is the League we are playing in. I'd rather sign players who have proved they can play at this level than some Premier League 'has been' or some foreign 'fancy dan'. We might not be challenging for promotion, but we didn't always have successful sides in those earlier decades but we still supported the club. At the end of the day if you are not happy with the signing then don't buy a season ticket. I note that philip suggested the other day that those of us still going to Ewood were 'suckers'. Well maybe we are, but I've always believed that you support your club through thick and thin and goodness there was plenty of thin in those earlier decades. Thanks to Jack and the Trust we have enjoyed 20 years of good times, and now we are having to endure some bad times again. Such is life.

Judge and Taylor plus one of the loanees and keeping the key ex-youth players should bring a lot of Northern backbone to the team.

We now need to build up again -as if sadly from scratch(like in 1980s)

Decent signing in my book..no harm gettin a few frees in and he he was a constant thorn in our side when we played them at ewood, caused us lots of problems, neat and tidy with good movement,,,ill take it!

Yes you're right, I hear that Bale lad from Spurs would do a job for us if we could get him instead.

It's heartbreaking to think we were strongly linked to Bale about 4 years ago after we'd sold Warnock and he was out of favour at Spurs.

Also funny that there were posters on here that thought he was sh1te.

So the transition is complete then. You are all happy with any old crap. Venkys win???

Did you watch the Millwall game B&WA? I was quietly impressed with him. Very hard working and always looking for the opportunity to take a shot at goal / deliver a cross. I'd be interested to hear your reasons as to why you feel he isn't good enough for Rovers?

I will reserve judgement but I think he could be a decent signing. Proven Championship player, relatively cheap (barring a small signing on fee). Hopefully we will be praising a very good signing in a few months time. Now let's sort out that ghastly midfield!

Decent signing in my book..no harm gettin a few frees in and he he was a constant thorn in our side when we played them at ewood, caused us lots of problems, neat and tidy with good movement,,,ill take it!

Agree - the reference point really is King and Cameron Stewart - is he better than these? If so then a decent punt

Yes you're right, I hear that Bale lad from Spurs would do a job for us if we could get him instead.

There's always one who goes to the extreme. Just wet my pants laughing though thanks.

I for one would like to challenge to get out of this league rather than settle for obscuirty like some seem to have done. And I am not saying to sign premiership players (only a idiot would suggest it....oooh look some did above) but we need some solid and skillful championship performers and not league 1 dross like Judge and a Millwall squad player.

It seems Bowyer has an easier job to impress than I thought seeing as the bar is so low it's almost at the giving up stage.

Did you watch the Millwall game B&WA? I was quietly impressed with him. Very hard working and always looking for the opportunity to take a shot at goal / deliver a cross. I'd be interested to hear your reasons as to why you feel he isn't good enough for Rovers?

I will reserve judgement but I think he could be a decent signing. Proven Championship player, relatively cheap (barring a small signing on fee). Hopefully we will be praising a very good signing in a few months time. Now let's sort out that ghastly midfield!

And another thing, he might bring Shittu with him. We could stick him up front then at least Dann & Hanley would be lumping it to someone in the same kit. Never been so infuriated in my life as watching those two FA cup fixtures

Archived