BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chris Taylor - Set to sign

• Backroom

your wasting your time i suspect, some people will only see anything rovers do as negative as long as venky`s are owning the club. your talking about people here who are saying they`d rather see rovers in the conference minus venky`s than in the premier league with them, that`s the mentality we are dealing with here..

For the record, I think Taylor (and Judge) would be good signings, but also take that mentality of getting rid of Venkys. I want my club to do as well as it can in whatever circumstances it is in, but I'd get rid of Venkys and be in the Conference in a heartbeat.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the record, I think Taylor (and Judge) would be good signings, but also take that mentality of getting rid of Venkys. I want my club to do as well as it can in whatever circumstances it is in, but I'd get rid of Venkys and be in the Conference in a heartbeat.

but are you one of those who seem to actively WANT venky`s out, even if they got us into the premier league now after whats gone before, i.e. there`s no way back for them in your eyes, no matter what?

David Beckham.

No he doesn't - he gives his wages away which is a bit different because it actually saves him money. The French tax you on your total income from all sources if you earn money in France. beckham gets a fortune from sponsorship, endorsements and image rights. If he takes his French wage they tax him on all the rest and that will cost him a lot. Cheaper to give your wages away and look magnanimous when in fact it's a money saving exercise

• Backroom

but are you one of those who seem to actively WANT venky`s out, even if they got us into the premier league now after whats gone before, i.e. there`s no way back for them in your eyes, no matter what?

The way back is if they bring in a competent board and a structure that works. But given what they have done, that would have to be ON TOP OF getting us back to where we were: Midtable PL, steady and doing well in an occasional cup. So for now, in my mind there is a way back. But on the assumption they won't do that (and it's where all the evidence points) I want them out.

But until they leave/sort it out, given that we are in the Championship, in a right state and have just narrowly avoided relegation, I'm quite happy if we sign Taylor and Judge, as I believe them to be astute free signings. The only reason I have any confidence in Rovers at the moment is SOME of the personnel in the squad and the caretaker manager :/

You seem shocked that Phil had posted an opinion as fact Rev, not quite sure why it's such a shock is it's normal practice.

C'mon Phil, you haven't spoken to every (or even any) player or agent have you. That was your opinion with no fact behind it.

Yeah exactly like Lee Williamson, and he'll probably have exactly the same effect, bottom half of the Championship. Well nobody in this thread has watched Taylor on a regular basis and fans ability to analyse a player is always amateur, as thats what they are. Which league they've spent the majority of their career in tells you how professional managers have analysed them, I'd say thats a much better approach in judging a player, let the pros do it for you.

He's 26, thats not young, players peak at about 25/26 these days. And there's that hard-working, honest, solid etc adjective again, all mean the same thing, all the easiest and least impressive of attributes. Virtually every player in this league is hardworking, its like praising a racehorse for having 4 legs.

The alternatives are players with some noticeable quality at this level, who've succeeded at this level or who've blown away the level below (like Rhodes). We're getting £16m next season that every club bar 4 in the league aren't getting, it just strikes me as rather tragic that fans are happy about signings like this. I'm not annoyed about it, I'm just not fussed. Players like Taylor aren't gonna get us in the play-offs, Venkys will have to do better than that or we'll finish in the same place we have this season.

You're speaking in black-and-white though. Are you really blaming Williamson for us being in the bottom half of the Championship? Do you not remember Berg, Appleton or anything else? Rickie Lambert? Sneichderlin? (sp?) They've only just played in the top division. Is Nicky Shorey a top division player? Rob Green?

There's numerous exceptions to your rules that make little sense anyway.

So we're not allowed opinions on players? Keith Andrews was poor but Trappatoni rated him so it's obvious that everyone except Jonnolad knows sweet f a about football?

Actually someone on this messageboard has seen him regularly, see roverstdt's post above. It arguably dispels your argument, along with the Millwall fans comments. Not considering the fact he might not be good for us.

I can't remember who, it was a Scandinavian poster, Greco perhaps? but he rightly talked about having solid grafters in your team that allow the quality players to thrive. The Darren Fletcher's and James Milner's of this world. This initially seemed like one of those, a decent hardworking winger who will get balls into the box. Hardworking in the sense that they can do important defensive work while also contributing in an attacking sense, something your Norwegian mate no longer does.

But the aforementioned post speaks very highly of him, so he could be a lot more than that. We need players like Williamson as a platform for the quality that we had/have in our squad to properly thrive - Kazim, Rhodes, Martin Olsson, Rochina.

But you do need the "unprettier" (if that's a word, probably not) players in the team to do the dirty work.

Every single player of any quality has instructed their agent to find a new club.

This of course excludes Murphy and Etuhu.

where has this come from???

from what I have seen written on another fan website that Rhodes is very happy here and doesn't want to leave. this is from someone 'ITK' who is also a member on here this fan website btw.

i think people are overrating him already. remember millwall finished below us and he was part of their eleven. if he was so good, they should have finished higher. (its a team game..still..).

That doesn't make any sense.

Benteke? James McCarthy? Berbatov? Cabaye? Papiss Cisse? They're all in the bottom 8.

"If they were any good their teams would be ahead of Norwich and Stoke", is that what you're saying?

No he doesn't - he gives his wages away which is a bit different because it actually saves him money. The French tax you on your total income from all sources if you earn money in France. beckham gets a fortune from sponsorship, endorsements and image rights. If he takes his French wage they tax him on all the rest and that will cost him a lot. Cheaper to give your wages away and look magnanimous when in fact it's a money saving exercise

The monies are not going to Beckham as that would mean he's earning. The monies will be paid via the club to the charity when they organise things so in all technicalities he's not getting paid as the money never physically arrives in his account. Yes the press have said its all a stunt to ensure he doesn't pay more on his other earnings but at the end of the day he didn't have to give diddly squat to anyone and I'm sure there are other ways round the tax laws. The amount of negative press he's gotten for doing something no other player ever has astounds me.

The way back is if they bring in a competent board and a structure that works. But given what they have done, that would have to be ON TOP OF getting us back to where we were: Midtable PL, steady and doing well in an occasional cup. So for now, in my mind there is a way back. But on the assumption they won't do that (and it's where all the evidence points) I want them out.

But until they leave/sort it out, given that we are in the Championship, in a right state and have just narrowly avoided relegation, I'm quite happy if we sign Taylor and Judge, as I believe them to be astute free signings. The only reason I have any confidence in Rovers at the moment is SOME of the personnel in the squad and the caretaker manager :/

the problem as i see it is that they have no understanding on what a good footballing structure is and are just following bad advice after bad advice. all it takes for that to change is for them to put their faith in ONE good proper footballing figurehead and the rest could grow from there. i fail to see how having us languish down in the lower leagues does their brand any good whatsoever, so i`m sure they`ll want to change that as soon as they can.

Seems most Millwall fans rated him according to this thread on their forums.

I go most, and he's the best player I've seen in a wall shirt this season. Never stops running, tracks back, tackles, beats players, no doubt can score goals - if we let him go, that's me.

I would really like to keep Taylor, always gives 100% and sticks a tackle in too, even wins a few aerial battles.

http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=105168&start=51&posts=58

I wrote Williamson off straight away and thought Murphy would tear the Championship apart so I'll also reserve judgement until I've seen him play in a Rovers shirt.

Probably the smartest post I've read in a long while. Can you talk B&W into doing the same.

Good points.

Got to have that mix, no coincidence players like Tommy Smith, Heidar Helguson, Paul McShane, Stephen Quinn, Liam Rosenior have all been promoted this season and in years gone by. You need these ''unfashionable'' players at this level.

Last time we were promoted, we were spoilt with a great squad (namely Duff, Dunn and Jansen), but it still needed the uglier players to contribute, the likes of John Curtis, Jason McAteer, Marcus Bent, Egil Ostenstad and Craig Hignett.

I don't think I'd class any of those as uglier players. Curtis was great until he somehow lost his form. Ostenstad aside perhaps those were all top quality players. We had a very very good squad last time we got promoted from this division.

• Backroom

the problem as i see it is that they have no understanding on what a good footballing structure is and are just following bad advice after bad advice. all it takes for that to change is for them to put their faith in ONE good proper footballing figurehead and the rest could grow from there. i fail to see how having us languish down in the lower leagues does their brand any good whatsoever, so i`m sure they`ll want to change that as soon as they can.

Publicity for their chicken business is great! Their ability to run a football club has no bearing on that.

Eh? Where's that come from?

Spot on with that post imo.

I was wondering the same thing.

All this talk of how good aplayer is, come on we all know it is all about the sum of the parts. You can put together a very good team with no top notch players. You can also put together a keany team with all stars too. Let's see how it goes. I'm going back a ways but remember when Gordon Lee was signing players, I kept thinking who? Well it worked out. Let's give GB a chance and see what he put's together. If he builds a team with a spine and some heart amd a fire in their belly then we are streets ahead of where we were last season.

I enjoyed the Arsenal result........just a shame national humilation came in the next round

Trelleborgs was national humiliation. Rochdale in the League Cup semi was national humiliation. Losing to a team a couple opf places from us in the league didn't register south of Darwen Circus! What kind of army are you in exactly??

The idea that because Taylor played for Millwall who finished below us is not good enough is utterly ridiculous. He was undoubtedly one of their better players and would be an improvement on what we have got for sure. Some fans really do have their heads in the clouds still. The way that you get promoted, which has been shown time and time again, is 'cherry picking' the better players from the other sides in championship i.e cardiff with Hudson, reading with gorkss etc , young players from the premiership who didn't quite make the grade in the prem or didn't get the chance i.e bridcutt at Brighton (i realise they didn't go up but weren't far off with him as their best player by far), chalobah at watford, or the best players from lower leagues i.e holt at Norwich, lambert at Southampton. It seems as though this is what we are attempting to do, first bit of sensible business in the transfer window for a long long time in my book.

your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what?

Hey calm down lar

Hey calm down lar

your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what? your like a stuck record.. what?

Publicity for their chicken business is great! Their ability to run a football club has no bearing on that.

buy your chicken burgers from us, the owners of a football team from a league no-one cares about..? mmm..

i think people are overrating him already. remember millwall finished below us and he was part of their eleven. if he was so good, they should have finished higher. (its a team game..still..).

WTF! Rhodes must be shyte then, he only just avoided relegation.

Archived