BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chris Taylor - Set to sign

Guest Norbert

Chris, you had a shot at 47er, but made no mention of the post earlier?

There are plenty of times where posters miss the message and get the poster. That can't be said of 47er on this occasion.

Apologies to Norbet for using his post as an example

Yeah, mine was a bit rude and I apologise (unless he is really a WUM, then he deserves it). If he believes that Venky's are indeed capable owners, I would be genuinely worried though!

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listen WUM I never said it was deliberate or indeed that they have a 'plan', read my post again.

Astute business people can adapt to any business, look at Richard Branson as an example.

richard branson, yeah that famous football club owner, oh hang on... :blink:

Yeah, mine was a bit rude and I apologise (unless he is really a WUM, then he deserves it). If he believes that Venky's are indeed capable owners, I would be genuinely worried though!

i`ve not said they have been capable owners, i`m just not dismissing the possibility that they can turn things around. with enough willing(and money crucially), they can, simple as that.

glad you stated `opinion`.

i`ve already said venky`s have made a hell of a mess of things, but i interpret their remaining at the club as a sign of intent to turn things around. i`m pretty sure they aren`t still here just to wind up their detractors..

Unlike yourself.........

glad you stated `opinion`.

i`ve already said venky`s have made a hell of a mess of things, but i interpret their remaining at the club as a sign of intent to turn things around. i`m pretty sure they aren`t still here just to wind up their detractors..

It's obvious you're not a business owner.

The Rovers are reported to be losing about 2 mill a month.

If their business can sustain that then great, but having just overseen the relegation and subsequent near miss of going into League 1, they've seen a huge swipe taken out of the value that is BRFC.

Sensible Business people don't do that, unless they have ulterior motives, or the money is not theirs or they are acting under orders.

why is it people can`t accept another point of view without it turning into name calling? just argue your corner ffs and leave it at that.

It's obvious you're not a business owner.

The Rovers are reported to be losing about 2 mill a month.

If their business can sustain that then great, but having just overseen the relegation and subsequent near miss of going into League 1, they've seen a huge swipe taken out of the value that is BRFC.

Sensible Business people don't do that, unless they have ulterior motives, or the money is not theirs or they are acting under orders.

once again, key word `reported`, no facts..

As a contrast: Norwich's promotion winning side:

1. John Ruddy - Former Cambridge Utd, fringe player at Everton (loaned out to various clubs)

2. Russel Martin - League 1 (Peterborough), L2 (Wycombe)

3. Elliot Ward - Championship with West Ham & Coventry

4. Leon Barnett - Championship with West Brom (Luton before that)

5. Adam Drury - Played the relegation season of 04/05 for Norwich, only top flight season for him

6. David Fox - Youth player at Man Utd (no games for them), League 1 (and possibly Champ) for Blackpool, L1 for Colchester

7. Andrew Crofts - Gillingham and Brighton in Champ and lower leagues

8. Simon Lappin - St. Mirren in Scotland (2 seasons in the Scottish Prem [2001 & 2007])

9. Wes Hoolahan - Former Shelbourne, Livingston and Blackpool (no Prem)

10. Grant Holt - 4 games in Championship for Blackpool. League 1 & 2 for Rochdale, Forest, Schrewsbury

11. Chris Martin - Norwich youth product, debut season after they were relegated from Prem.

Other important players that season: Simeon Jackson - Former Gillingham, Andrew Surman - 7 Prem apps, Zak Whitbread - Former Millwall, Corey Smith - Own product, Henri Lansbury - Champ exp

My point is the right players, the right manager and a winning mentality can beat experience from higher levels. There are many ways to Rome, and all that.

I can't be bothered going through their squad but I'm sure you could present a similar argument for the Hull City squad who have just been promoted.

why is it people can`t accept another point of view without it turning into name calling? just argue your corner ffs and leave it at that.

once again, key word `reported`..

All I'm trying to do is to get you to prove anything you're saying?

Todate, you've banged on with the same point and proven nothing.

St Venkeys and all that.

once again, key word `reported`, no facts..

so, you maintain that the Rovers are not losing money?

If we want to get promoted we should be signing fringe PL players, good players in this league or excellent players in the league below. Look at Cardiff's 11 last season:

1. Marshall - 5 years at Celtic

2. Connolly - Championship title with QPR

3. Taylor - 4 years in the Prem with Middlesbrough

4. Hudson - Nothing special

5. Turner - England under 19 cap

6. Whittingham - 5 years in the Prem with Villa

7. Conway - 3 caps for Scotland (arguably nothing special)

8. Gunnarson - 34 caps for Iceland

9. Bellamy - Awesome

10. Helguson - Prem player with Watford, Fulham, Bolton and QPR.

11. Noone - Nothing special

Thats probably the worst team to win the Championship in years and it still had 7 players in it who you could class as being of PL standard before the season started. Thats what we need. As I say I hope Taylor proves me wrong and does the business, but I'm very worried that we're shopping at a level below where we need to be. Of course this is all assuming the aim is promotion next season, maybe I just need to start getting used to the idea that it might not be.

1. Paul Robinson - 40 odd England caps

2. Bradley Orr - PL experience, won Championship with QPR

3. Martin Olsson - Sweden international, PL experience

4. Scott Dann - PL experience, promotion with Birmingham

5. Grant Hanley - Scotland international, PL experience

6. Jason Lowe - England U21 international, PL experience

7. Josh King - Norwegian international, ex-Man Utd

8. Danny Murphy - England international, loads of PL experience

9. Jordan Rhodes - Scotland international

10. Colin Kazim-Richards - Turkey international, PL/European experience

11. Morten Gamst-Pedersen - Norwegian international, loads of PL experience

I haven't even mentioned Dunn, Givet, Bentley, Etuhu, Marcus Olsson, Goodwillie, Best, Gomes. All full internationals.

It's a team game. Listing individuals as you have done means nothing. Cardiff hammered it because they've got a very well balanced team.

By the way...laughed at "England under 19 cap". At least in Simon Eastwood we have a signing that will excite you. :rolleyes:

Guest Norbert

They're obviously strong willed Saxoman, just look how long they've kept Kean and Shebby despite their many costly errors and embarrassing statements. They just have no ability to run a football club whatsoever, and have a fondness for backing the wrong people, whilst sacking decent people. To say that they are suddenly going to change the pattern of their ownership is indeed optimistic in the extreme.

It was they who let Kean lose the better players and get the club relegated, it was they who chose to listen to Jerome Anderson over Williams and Finn, forcing them to resign, and it was they who let Shagnew and Shebby develop their petty civil war over managerial appointments and so on. And it was Venky's who brought idiots like Shebby to the party in the first place. So with 2 1/2 years of sheer incompetence at best that has seen 5 people be manager in 1 season, and nearly 2 consecutive relegations, you're hoping/expecting for the complete opposite to take place? Really?

All I'm trying to do is to get you to prove anything you're saying?

Todate, you've banged on with the same point and proven nothing.

St Venkeys and all that.

prove what..?

They're obviously strong willed Saxoman, just look how long they've kept Kean and Shebby despite their many costly errors and embarrassing statements. They just have no ability to run a football club whatsoever, and have a fondness for backing the wrong people, whilst sacking decent people. To say that they are suddenly going to change the pattern of their ownership is indeed optimistic in the extreme.

It was they who let Kean lose the better players and get the club relegated, it was they who chose to listen to Jerome Anderson over Williams and Finn, forcing them to resign, and it was they who let Shagnew and Shebby develop their petty civil war over managerial appointments and so on. And it was Venky's who brought idiots like Shebby to the party in the first place. So with 2 1/2 years of sheer incompetence at best that has seen 5 people be manager in 1 season, and nearly 2 consecutive relegations, you're hoping/expecting for the complete opposite to take place? Really?

non of us know why williams and finn chose to leave. how do we know they were not always moving on once the walker trust sold the club?

Guest Norbert

I think we do know about Williams and Finn, but they're too professional to blab to the press about how they were marginalised by Venky's and their agent friends. They may have signed NDA's as well. There is enough documentary evidence out there to convince many that they were being ignored and sidelined.

Anything you've said.

you first..

I think we do know about Williams and Finn, but they're too professional to blab to the press about how they were marginalised by Venky's and their agent friends. They may have signed NDA's as well. There is enough documentary evidence out there to convince many that they were being ignored and sidelined.

opinion combined with heresay..

Previously, you stated that any losses the Rovers were "apparently" making were "heresay" (sic).

Now you state: (About losses)

"i`m sure they are to some degree, but not necesserily to the extent
reported. i think a lot of journalists are mischeivous when it comes to
blackburn rovers"

Want to comment?

you first..

I'm asking you to prove anything you've said.

Guest Norbert

There was that leaked letter Saxoman, which is more evidence you have ever produced to back up any of your comments about how you believe Venky's can turn it around, which is all opinion, susposition and blind optimism.

The Venky's actually promised that the infrastructure would be left in place when they took over, once JW queried the involvement of SEM it was game over for them, I wonder why?

heresay..

i can see how conspiracy theories start up on`t internet now..

Archived