BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chris Taylor - Set to sign

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care what you think, the effort was for everyone else's benefit.Hopefully they won't take you seriously either.

Unlike you I don't post on here very often. I prefer to read other people's views and quite enjoy some contributions even if I often don't agree. People like Parsonblue, Majiball and even Thenodrog occasionally can be quite inciteful and interesting.

I admit that I've bitten at some of the posts of Blue and White Army, the latest 'WUM' but eased off when he seemed to be getting a bit of mob attention. I have the resident WUM Phillipl on ignore but as we know that often doesn't work due to quoting. So yes, I have reacted to his usual ego massaging drivel. I don't however, do it often. You'll also note that I don't stoop to using words like 'moron' and unlike you, leap on every post from certain posters as if you suffer from some Pavlovian tick.

Unlike you I also don't react like a little bitch any time that I'm pulled up or criticised.

From recollection, you are a teacher (or ex teacher) and , I presume, an adult. If so it's time to stop reacting like a truculent teenager.

(I know you wont be able to resist ignoring my advice and posting one of your usual snippy replies. Why not PM so as not to bore everybody else?)

Unlike you I don't post on here very often. I prefer to read other people's views and quite enjoy some contributions even if I often don't agree. People like Parsonblue, Majiball and even Thenodrog occasionally can be quite inciteful and interesting.

I admit that I've bitten at some of the posts of Blue and White Army, the latest 'WUM' but eased off when he seemed to be getting a bit of mob attention. I have the resident WUM Phillipl on ignore but as we know that often doesn't work due to quoting. So yes, I have reacted to his usual ego massaging drivel. I don't however, do it often. You'll also note that I don't stoop to using words like 'moron' and unlike you, leap on every post from certain posters as if you suffer from some Pavlovian tick.

Unlike you I also don't react like a little bitch any time that I'm pulled up or criticised.

From recollection, you are a teacher (or ex teacher) and , I presume, an adult. If so it's time to stop reacting like a truculent teenager.

(I know you wont be able to resist ignoring my advice and posting one of your usual snippy replies. Why not PM so as not to bore everybody else?)

You really cannot be allowed to get away with this. I replied respectfully to Saxo about 4 times till I realised that he was deliberately winding us up, hence the "moron" reference which he was being.You then came in with your hob-nailed boots and was pulled up for it by another poster.I found 4 bitchy comments from you on this very thread so i've every right to point out how hypocritical you've been. You can add "ego- massaging drivel" to your list of insults now so that's five!

Finally don't berate me publicly and expect me to respond to you on the quiet. Now that's it from me to you, no more.

all this bile about venky`s, yet for the moment, nothing worse has happened under them that didn`t happen under jack walker at one time. we went down from the prem under him, flirted with a second relegation still under kidd and then he appointed souness. there could be further parallels yet with bowyer being appointed, you never know.

The issue is if it was just choosing one manager who didn't perform then there would be a lot less anger. When we went down last time the club was well run, efficient and organised. There were highly competent people running the club with everyone pulling in the same direction. There had been substantial investment in the infrastructure of the club.

That simply isn't the case this time. Even on the managerial front there have been numerous attempts to get it right and they have abjectly failed.

Please please don't compare the situation now with what happened with Jack. He cared and spent a huge amount of his money and time. He certainly didn't spend most of his time thousands of miles away whilst it seems the club is run into the ground.

Guest Norbert

I think Taylor would be quite a useful signing as we try to rebuild and remould our squad into one with people who at least try to put a good performance in. The overhaul of our squad is going to be a massive task, but you need a few cheap and cheerful signings to provide a good ethic and real depth to the squad.

You really cannot be allowed to get away with this. I replied respectfully to Saxo about 4 times till I realised that he was deliberately winding us up, hence the "moron" reference which he was being.You then came in with your hob-nailed boots and was pulled up for it by another poster.I found 4 bitchy comments from you on this very thread so i've every right to point out how hypocritical you've been. You can add "ego- massaging drivel" to your list of insults now so that's five!

Finally don't berate me publicly and expect me to respond to you on the quiet. Now that's it from me to you, no more.

Someone please get me a tissue, boo hoo!

all this bile about venky`s, yet for the moment, nothing worse has happened under them that didn`t happen under jack walker at one time. we went down from the prem under him, flirted with a second relegation still under kidd and then he appointed souness. there could be further parallels yet with bowyer being appointed, you never know.

Things Venkys have done that Jack didn't:

1. Have a deficit net transfer spend - A lot of people seem to be forgetting this (no doubt blinded by the £8m spent on Rhodes), but Venkys aren't actually spending any of their own money on transfers. Rhodes fee was paid for with plenty left over by the sales of Samba, Hoilett, Nzonzi and Kalinic. Venkys are taking money out of the club, in that sense they're comparable to the Walker Trust in his final years, but they're not comparable to Jack at all.

2. Sacked a manager for no good reason - The football purists like to pretend sacking Allardyce wasn't the real problem. Well it was, we had the best small club manager in english football, and we sacked him. It was arguably the most suicidle decision made by any club in the history of football and, regardless of what happened next, is the single biggest reason we are where we are. Jack would never have been that stupid, he only sacked managers when presented with no alternative after giving them a reasonable length of time.

3. Used as primary advisors a football agent - You think Jack would have ever been stupid enough to appoint someone with such vested interests as his primary advisor? The arrival of Kean, the expensive, mostly awful foreign unknowns signed, the removal of our chairman, MD and any decent organisational structure, all Anderson's doing. And by extension because they chose to listen to him, Venkys doing.

Could go on and on but there is no possible way you can compare Venkys to Walker. I actually slightly agree with you in that I can't find see any motive or inclination that Venkys are doing all this on purpose. However where you seem only to see incompetence, I also see laziness and lust for power. They refused to take on Williams as their primary advisor because they wanted to establish totalitarian control, and they've stood by and let the club be relegated and mount an utterly disastrous attempt at promotion because they're really just not that bothered. They're negligent, irresponsible, selfish brats, as many kids are who inherit vast wealth from their parents and have never earned anything on merit.

Things Venkys have done that Jack didn't:

1. Have a deficit net transfer spend - A lot of people seem to be forgetting this (no doubt blinded by the £8m spent on Rhodes), but Venkys aren't actually spending any of their own money on transfers. Rhodes fee was paid for with plenty left over by the sales of Samba, Hoilett, Nzonzi and Kalinic. Venkys are taking money out of the club, in that sense they're comparable to the Walker Trust in his final years, but they're not comparable to Jack at all.

2. Sacked a manager for no good reason - The football purists like to pretend sacking Allardyce wasn't the real problem. Well it was, we had the best small club manager in english football, and we sacked him. It was arguably the most suicidle decision made by any club in the history of football and, regardless of what happened next, is the single biggest reason we are where we are. Jack would never have been that stupid, he only sacked managers when presented with no alternative after giving them a reasonable length of time.

3. Used as primary advisors a football agent - You think Jack would have ever been stupid enough to appoint someone with such vested interests as his primary advisor? The arrival of Kean, the expensive, mostly awful foreign unknowns signed, the removal of our chairman, MD and any decent organisational structure, all Anderson's doing. And by extension because they chose to listen to him, Venkys doing.

Could go on and on but there is no possible way you can compare Venkys to Walker. I actually slightly agree with you in that I can't find see any motive or inclination that Venkys are doing all this on purpose. However where you seem only to see incompetence, I also see laziness and lust for power. They refused to take on Williams as their primary advisor because they wanted to establish totalitarian control, and they've stood by and let the club be relegated and mount an utterly disastrous attempt at promotion because they're really just not that bothered. They're negligent, irresponsible, selfish brats, as many kids are who inherit vast wealth from their parents and have never earned anything on merit.

First thing I am not defending just pointing out a few flaws in the statement. Number 1) Venky's are spending money and this idea that they are taking money away from Rovers is crazy. You just have to look this year where over 5m+ have gone to compensation for managers, while the money we got for Samba, Jones, and so forth has pretty much disappeared this year due to the wages some of the players are on, and so forth. It was recorded and stated by the Lancashire Telegraph that Venky's were in fact losing close to 2m a month since the beginning of the season due to the wages and everything, and that was with the parachute payment in consideration. Fact of the matter is Venky's have been incompetent but they have banked rolled.

Point 2) When you look back at when Sam was first sacked the majority of the Rovers fans were happy to see him go, and Skysports, and the BBC did a report asking the fans around if they were happy to see Sam go and the majority said yes, it was about the right time to move on. The reason for their happiness is that they felt the brand of football was boring and wanted to change the system. The rest i agree with Appleton reign was cut in my eyes way too early.

First thing I am not defending just pointing out a few flaws in the statement. Number 1) Venky's are spending money and this idea that they are taking money away from Rovers is crazy. You just have to look this year where over 5m+ have gone to compensation for managers, while the money we got for Samba, Jones, and so forth has pretty much disappeared this year due to the wages some of the players are on, and so forth. It was recorded and stated by the Lancashire Telegraph that Venky's were in fact losing close to 2m a month since the beginning of the season due to the wages and everything, and that was with the parachute payment in consideration. Fact of the matter is Venky's have been incompetent but they have banked rolled.

Point 2) When you look back at when Sam was first sacked the majority of the Rovers fans were happy to see him go, and Skysports, and the BBC did a report asking the fans around if they were happy to see Sam go and the majority said yes, it was about the right time to move on. The reason for their happiness is that they felt the brand of football was boring and wanted to change the system. The rest i agree with Appleton reign was cut in my eyes way too early.

1. Fair enough, technically I'd agree with that. But they're not spending money in the traditional sense that you associate with benefitting a club. We have a net deficit transfer spend under Venkys, so the reasons they've spent money are entirely self-inflicted and of no benefit to Rovers. We've lost money on wages because we've been relegated, which they caused by sacking Allardyce. And we've lost money on managers because they hired unknowns on big contracts. So they're spending money on correcting their own mistakes, basically spending money on their own painfully slow and almost pointless education in how to run a football club. If none of these mistakes had happened, we'd kept Allardyce and stayed in the top 10, would they have increased the wage bill and spent more on transfers than we made? I seriously doubt it, whereas Jack did that.

2. I'm not convinced it was the majority. In fact a poll on here after it happened suggested the opposite. It was a loud, constantly complaining minority. But whatever the fans thought makes no difference to whether Jack would have done it. He wouldn't have on the grounds the complaints were being made, you don't get where he got in business by getting rid of people who are excellent at their jobs just because they some people don't think they do it in an aesthetically pleasing manner. Attendances rose under Allardyce, our results improved and the atmosphere at Ewood improved. The malcontent fans might have loved a good self-centered moan about not getting to watch pretty enough football, but it was exactly the type of superficial, unrealistic feet-stomping that any sane owners of a club Rovers size would have ignored completely.

Hard to disagree with any of that.Like you I don't believe that a majority of Rovers fans wanted Sam gone but those who did must feel like chumps now? As for bank-rolling us, it takes a special kind of owner to put money in and watch us getting worse.

Hmm... how many games was Don MacKay given in the 91/92 season? The difference would be in the choice of replacement, but then Dalglish was also moved out of the way straight after winning the league. The three managers appointed after that took us back down the table and to a similar position to where we find ourselves now...

Hmm... how many games was Don MacKay given in the 91/92 season? The difference would be in the choice of replacement, but then Dalglish was also moved out of the way straight after winning the league. The three managers appointed after that took us back down the table and to a similar position to where we find ourselves now...

There are a number of differences. In Mackay's final season we were doing significantly worse than his previous 3. Going from play-off finishes to 19th or whatever it was is the equivalent of us being marooned at the bottom of the PL in October 2010 with Allardyce. The expectation levels are also totally different. With Jack we had the biggest spending power in the country, the aim was to win the league above the one Mackay was struggling in. Thats like Venkys coming in and the realistic, fairly short-term aim being to win the Champions League. If that was the level they were intent on spending money at, then the sacking Allardyce would have been harsh but justified, just as Mackay's was.

In that second bit, are you actually suggesting Walker removed Dalglish so he could replace him with Harford? Not gonna bother responding to that if so.

Didn't Dalglish state in his memoirs that he had already decided to resign weeks or months before the end of the Championship season?

I agree that MacKay was hard done by, to get us near the top of the old Div2 and within inches of promotion was some achievement.

However when he had some of Jack's money both the results and the football were dreadful. I guess Jack wouldn't wait.

Finally we went down with a pretty strong squad and Jack continued to bankroll us. The players we have now would not get in to that side with Rhodes perhaps an exception.

There are a number of differences. In Mackay's final season we were doing significantly worse than his previous 3. Going from play-off finishes to 19th or whatever it was is the equivalent of us being marooned at the bottom of the PL in October 2010 with Allardyce. The expectation levels are also totally different. With Jack we had the biggest spending power in the country, the aim was to win the league above the one Mackay was struggling in. Thats like Venkys coming in and the realistic, fairly short-term aim being to win the Champions League. If that was the level they were intent on spending money at, then the sacking Allardyce would have been harsh but justified, just as Mackay's was.

In that second bit, are you actually suggesting Walker removed Dalglish so he could replace him with Harford? Not gonna bother responding to that if so.

Of course there are differences... but you don't need an identical set of circumstances to see the similarities. The 90s were a fantastic time for Rovers fans. But there were still mistakes and rash decisions, it wasn't all as perfectly perfect as you were making out. And some of the good choices wouldn't be tolerated now - I can imagine the reaction if Venky's brought in a chief exec from a well-known restaurant chain, for example...

I don't know what the truth was with Dalglish, I've heard that many different versions over the years. If he resigned, he should have left the club. He didn't, he stayed on in some phantom role. And the three managers after him all proved to be poor choices.

Of course there are differences... but you don't need an identical set of circumstances to see the similarities. The 90s were a fantastic time for Rovers fans. But there were still mistakes and rash decisions, it wasn't all as perfectly perfect as you were making out. And some of the good choices wouldn't be tolerated now - I can imagine the reaction if Venky's brought in a chief exec from a well-known restaurant chain, for example...

I don't know what the truth was with Dalglish, I've heard that many different versions over the years. If he resigned, he should have left the club. He didn't, he stayed on in some phantom role. And the three managers after him all proved to be poor choices.

You need a similar set of circumstances or there's no point in using the analogy. The 2 owners had vastly different spending power/ambition and the 2 managers had their sides at different distances from the realistic objective. This is a totally ridiculous discussion anyway, it was vaguely amusing to have with one fruitcake in saxo but if there's a whole minority group who think Venkys in any way resemble Jack Walker then you're welcome to that view. If you haven't abandoned it in the last 2 years then you won't even if Venkys put us out of business.

So Skysports showed mostly people saying they were ok he was sacked ? Well that's a suprise (not). Given the fact that around 7k people, a record i believe, voted on the L.T website with the overwelming majority voting it was wrong to sack him then i know who believe. Granted an awful lot were angry with the timing of it and the way it was done rather than the deed itself and if i remember rightly a lot of those on sky were getting excited at the thought of another big name coming in.

Back on topic Sky Sports are reporting that both Taylor and Judge have agreed deals and passed medicals and will officially sign on July 1st.

The article itself is a glowing piece claiming this represents a coup for us as both players were being courted by a number of Championship and Premiership Clubs.

Must have been written by one of their agents!

Back on topic Sky Sports are reporting that both Taylor and Judge have agreed deals and passed medicals and will officially sign on July 1st.

The article itself is a glowing piece claiming this represents a coup for us as both players were being courted by a number of Championship and Premiership Clubs.

Must have been written by one of their agents!

If Shaw has been doing the deals, it will be £1 million agent fees with wages of £40,000 a week and Judge becoming manager.

So Skysports showed mostly people saying they were ok he was sacked ? Well that's a suprise (not). Given the fact that around 7k people, a record i believe, voted on the L.T website with the overwelming majority voting it was wrong to sack him then i know who believe. Granted an awful lot were angry with the timing of it and the way it was done rather than the deed itself and if i remember rightly a lot of those on sky were getting excited at the thought of another big name coming in.

I also quoted BBC...The LT actually ran a pole at the time of Sam sacking and once again the majority agreed with it, it is only now with reflection that the pole shows that it was wrong to sack Sam.

I also quoted BBC...The LT actually ran a pole at the time of Sam sacking and once again the majority agreed with it, it is only now with reflection that the pole shows that it was wrong to sack Sam.

RUBBISH !

Archived