BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chris Taylor - Set to sign

And that's a fact.

absolutly, but i prefer to believe in the positive and see it as a more likely scenario given our financial advantage over many of our rivals under venkys.

Ah ok so you were on the wind up. Someone clearly likes being centre stage with everyone listening to them and paying attention.

not at all.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK then I will be plainer. Eastwood is s*it but will fit right in with the squad we will build this summer

Didn't realise you'd seen him play. I'll bow to your superior knowledge on this occassion then.

absolutly, but i prefer to believe in the positive and see it as a more likely scenario given our financial advantage over many of our rivals under venkys.

What financial advantage is that then?

We damn near got relegated to the third tier, the quality of the squad continues to degrade, we go out of our way to appoint novice managers, and waste money on pay-offs to people who should never have been appointed. There's more evidence to say we'll be relegated next year than to say we'll be promoted.

I suggest your positive thinking is a triumph of hope over expectation and Venky's financial advantage exists only in your head.

What financial advantage is that then?

We damn near got relegated to the third tier, the quality of the squad continues to degrade, we go out of our way to appoint novice managers, and waste money on pay-offs to people who should never have been appointed. There's more evidence to say we'll be relegated next year than to say we'll be promoted.

I suggest your positive thinking is a triumph of hope over expectation and Venky's financial advantage exists only in your head.

so we didn`t have the largest wage budget in the championship last season then? i must have misheard ..

There's more evidence to say we'll be relegated next year than to say we'll be promoted.

Didn't somebody work out that Bowyer's points-per-game over a full season would have had us in the play-offs? That a pretty hefty piece evidence (if we appoint him that his).

Like the opposite of when Steve Kean's points-per-game after taking over from Sam would have had us relegated. The next season he carried that through and we were relegated.

Well, we might well have had, but that's been spunked on donkeys. And we might well have overspent and will need a fire sale to pay off the debt that it has caused, as I would've assumed that we'd be promoted last year.

So, just by dint of teh fact that Venky's are financially reckless and utterly befuddled, I don;t take that as evidence enough that we'll get promoted next year, no.

Didn't somebody work out that Bowyer's points-per-game over a full season would have had us in the play-offs? That a pretty hefty piece evidence (if we appoint him that his).

Like the opposite of when Steve Kean's points-per-game after taking over from Sam would have had us relegated. The next season he carried that through and we were relegated.

That's a fair point, but be careful of extrapolating a manager's performance over part of a season to next season.

Conversely, we could say that he'd be a rookie as a permanent manager, and the results he got as caretaker do not necessarily translate to points as a manager.

In truth, it's a risky appointment given his lack of a track record. Although it is obviously better that he performed well as caretaker than if he'd performed badly.

That's a fair point, but be careful of extrapolating a manager's performance over part of a season to next season.

Conversely, we could say that he'd be a rookie as a permanent manager, and the results he got as caretaker do not necessarily translate to points as a manager.

In truth, it's a risky appointment given his lack of a track record. Although it is obviously better that he performed well as caretaker than if he'd performed badly.

I was playing devil's advocate really. I'm wary of us appointing Bowyer for those very reasons. If a proven manager became available I'd much rather we played it safe.

i believe this. he`s the only one who got the players playing to anything like their true ability. the squad we had last season should have at least been in the play offs and nobody will convince me otherwise. no way are even cardiff and hull`s players that much better than us, if at all. they were just well managed.

i expect a much better showing under bowyer this coming season.

so we didn`t have the largest wage budget in the championship last season then? i must have misheard ..

To spell it out for you, he was saying that the financial advantage was completely useless last season as we were almost relegated.

Every season so far under Venky's we've either almost got relegated or were relegated. Based on their track record, it doesn't bode well for next season.

I was playing devil's advocate really. I'm wary of us appointing Bowyer for those very reasons. If a proven manager became available I'd much rather we played it safe.

that`s the problem, nobody i rate would take the job. someone like karl robinson for example would be no better than the last 2.

To spell it out for you, he was saying that the financial advantage was completely useless last season as we were almost relegated.

Every season so far under Venky's we've either almost got relegated or were relegated. Based on their track record, it doesn't bode well for next season.

venkys didn`t get us relegated, kean did. the problem is, we`ve never replaced him with anything better until now.

venkys didn`t get us relegated, kean did. the problem is, we`ve never replaced him with anything better until now.

Venky's hired Kean. Venky's failed to sack Kean. Not that this needed spelling out, but let's play the game.

all this bile about venky`s, yet for the moment, nothing worse has happened under them that didn`t happen under jack walker at one time. we went down from the prem under him, flirted with a second relegation still under kidd and then he appointed souness. there could be further parallels yet with bowyer being appointed, you never know.

Question for you - Is it your opinion that Venky's will get the club back to mid table premiership (where we were when they took over) and if so, how long will it take?

a common internet phenomemenon it seems that i strangely have never suffered in real life..

phew, it`s a long shot but not impossible. put it this way, there`s a better chance of that with venkys than with the trust certainly. how long will it take? as long as it has to.

Clearly you brought up the term the trust in response to PLJPB's question. The term 'the trust' has been used on here in reference to the Walker trust since before I started posting in 2008, hence my reply.

Would I put more faith in the supporters trust than Venky's?

Yes as regardless of funds or intent Venky's have clearly shown that they can't get a decision right to date and so as opposed to flogging a dead horse and praying they magically become competent over-night, I'd put our future in the hands of those who intentions are obvious and clear.

Do you have to be on a wind up on every post?

Who the chuff appointed numnuts and sold all the players ffs.

Why do you use the word "we" when refering to Rovers , your a self confessed Liverpool fan .

• Backroom

all this bile about venky`s, yet for the moment, nothing worse has happened under them that didn`t happen under jack walker at one time. we went down from the prem under him, flirted with a second relegation still under kidd and then he appointed souness. there could be further parallels yet with bowyer being appointed, you never know.

Jack Walker in the same sentence as Venkys......*sigh*

did you at any point think we would be relegated to L1 under the V's?

did you at any point think we would be relegated to L1 under the V's?

i thought we had a fight on, and would have to grind it out to survive, but in the end i think we did it by showing superior quality(as well as fight), to our opponants under bowyer, the sort of quality we should really have been showing all season.

if we show that quality(as well as the fighting spirit) next season for enough of the 46 games, then we should be there or thereabouts at the end of the season imo.

They may have good intentions and they may be persistent but Rovers would be better off without thanks very much.

Absolutely. The damage they, or their [alleged] representatives, have done in so short a time is shocking.

Now, with the sums of money involved, they are either being incredibly stupid, have money to burn, or

they are being manipulated.

Or they're willing participants in a corrupt scheme.

I don't have a clue which, but something is clearly wrong.

If they had any will to succeed, they'd have kept Williams and Finn, not brought in the likes of Shebby and Shagnew, appointed Kean......and all the rest of it. They may have wanted to do well, but they are such cretinous morons, and only keep on the bad staff.

They have a will to back the wrong people, ignore sensible advice and generally look like idiots.

Let's not confuse will with basic competence.

1. Paul Robinson - 40 odd England caps

2. Bradley Orr - PL experience, won Championship with QPR

3. Martin Olsson - Sweden international, PL experience

4. Scott Dann - PL experience, promotion with Birmingham

5. Grant Hanley - Scotland international, PL experience

6. Jason Lowe - England U21 international, PL experience

7. Josh King - Norwegian international, ex-Man Utd

8. Danny Murphy - England international, loads of PL experience

9. Jordan Rhodes - Scotland international

10. Colin Kazim-Richards - Turkey international, PL/European experience

11. Morten Gamst-Pedersen - Norwegian international, loads of PL experience

I haven't even mentioned Dunn, Givet, Bentley, Etuhu, Marcus Olsson, Goodwillie, Best, Gomes. All full internationals.

Looking at it like that, we should have had a more than fair chance of going up. Which Venkys squandered by:

1. Allowing an out of control and/or incompetent board structure remain in place; and,

2. Failing to get the right management team in.

Personally I don't think Venkys appreciate strong, independent administrators and managers. They appear to value sycophants and flatterers.

Which is why obvious winners like Sam Allardyce, John Williams, Tom Finn, etc. are shown the door and we wind up with fools and chancers like SK, PA, DS and SS.

Looking at it like that, we should have had a more than fair chance of going up. Which Venkys squandered by:

1. Allowing an out of control and/or incompetent board structure remain in place; and,

2. Failing to get the right management team in.

Whilst I don't doubt that didn't help, that wasn't the point I was trying to make.

A group of individuals don't make a team. We had far too many players living off past reputations, too many who didn't have a burning desire to get the top league because they'd been there before.

A team is about much more than the individual parts. I was really pointing out that analysing Cardiff's squad man-for-man meant absolutely nothing.

Well I for one am always open to an objective or alternative view from board members like Chris and others like him that don't normally post loads(much better than constantly reading the petulant hate filled ranting's of 47wotsits and his little clique of misery or my mostly tedius tosh!)

Archived