BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chris Taylor - Set to sign

Well since they did take us from the championship to the premier league way back in 2000/01, I'm going to say yes they have proven it. We then went on to establish ourselves over 10 years and even won the league cup.

And all of that was under their stewardship, so yes they have proven they can do it and I'm gobsmacked you don't remember that.

The trust invested more in Rovers than Venky's have to date, easily.

not that trust you nugget, i mean the fans trust that want to take over now. you do realise they aren`t the same thing, don`t you..?

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well let's be fair. He played League One football last season. If anyone goes and signs James McCarthy or Aroune Kone, you wouldn't say they were signing a Championship player would you?

With Robinson going and possibly Sandomierski, we need backup. I don't remember people being up in arms when we signed Mark Bunn from League One.

They are championship players though??

We had competent poeple making the decisions when we signed Bunn. We have no competent persons left

not that trust you nugget, i mean the fans trust that want to take over now. you do realise they aren`t the same thing, don`t you..?

Now who's descending to insults?

The "trust" is hardly specific enough for him to know you meant the supporter's trust.

Now who's descending to insults?

The "trust" is hardly specific enough for him to know you meant the supporter's trust.

i apologise, `nugget` was meant playfully(honestly). and he was the one who mentioned the trust in the first place. it`s clear he thinks the trust in for the club at the moment is the walker trust, and obviously is mistaken.

Yes, that is my opinion. That is what this messageboard is for, opinions. It would be rather sparse if we only talked about facts.

It's a fact that they could get us back into the Premiership, but then it's also a fact that I could fly a manned mission to the Moon. However, I think I'm safe in saying that would never happen.

Life is not black and white. Opinions grounded in circumstantial evidence are worthy submissions in a debate. You seem unable to comprehend that.

• Backroom

Semantics I know but that's where they are though? Just like Wigan are now a Championship club

Doesn't mean they are championship players (especially as they AREN'T in the Championship until the start of next season :P ). In any case, Keith Andrews was in the MK Dons team that won promotion to League 1, but people (correctly) called him a League 2 player. Can't have it both ways, just to make it seem as negative as possible ;)

• Backroom

Yes, that is my opinion. That is what this messageboard is for, opinions. It would be rather sparse if we only talked about facts.

It's a fact that they could get us back into the Premiership, but then it's also a fact that I could fly a manned mission to the Moon. However, I think I'm safe in saying that would never happen.

Life is not black and white. Opinions grounded in circumstantial evidence are worthy submissions in a debate. You seem unable to comprehend that.

Brian Clough: 'Nevermind, it's only opinion. It makes the world go round.'

If we want to get promoted we should be signing fringe PL players, good players in this league or excellent players in the league below. Look at Cardiff's 11 last season:

1. Marshall - 5 years at Celtic

2. Connolly - Championship title with QPR

3. Taylor - 4 years in the Prem with Middlesbrough

4. Hudson - Nothing special

5. Turner - England under 19 cap

6. Whittingham - 5 years in the Prem with Villa

7. Conway - 3 caps for Scotland (arguably nothing special)

8. Gunnarson - 34 caps for Iceland

9. Bellamy - Awesome

10. Helguson - Prem player with Watford, Fulham, Bolton and QPR.

11. Noone - Nothing special

Thats probably the worst team to win the Championship in years and it still had 7 players in it who you could class as being of PL standard before the season started. Thats what we need. As I say I hope Taylor proves me wrong and does the business, but I'm very worried that we're shopping at a level below where we need to be. Of course this is all assuming the aim is promotion next season, maybe I just need to start getting used to the idea that it might not be.

I know others have already responded but that post is utterly meaningless. Bellamy, Whittingham, Gunnarsson, Noone and Hudson are their best players. Two of those fall under the 'Nothing Special' category.

Cardiff were a very good championship side. It's not like Bellamy got them promoted, he's not been their best player. You have to be a good team to be promoted automatically as comfortable as they were. Playing in the PL doesn't make you Prem standard. Likewise, not playing in it doesn't make you no good enough.

Do you actually formulate opinions on players yourself or just read wikipedia to see what leagues they play in? Is that why you still rate Pedersen? Because he's an international who spent ages in the Prem?

thank you, you`ve been a lovely audience and goodnight :)

Would you also say it's a fact that Venky's could oversee our descent into League 2?

Just here for the wind-up then?

not at all, just realise how infuriating i can be..

Would you also say it's a fact that Venky's could oversee our descent into League 2?

i would say it`s possible but i prefer to be positive and believe in the best case scenario as a fan, hence why i still attend games.

Interesting reply.

i apologise, `nugget` was meant playfully(honestly). and he was the one who mentioned the trust in the first place. it`s clear he thinks the trust in for the club at the moment is the walker trust, and obviously is mistaken.

I'm well aware of the differences and fully aware that the walker trust are not in for the club.

Thanks for telling me what's going on in my head when you don't even know my name, that's magic and I'll assume there's plenty of smoke involved in your tricks.

Every single player of any quality has instructed their agent to find a new club.

This of course excludes Murphy and Etuhu.

pants.jpg

Put a sock in it

Yeah, well just make sure you don't come here.

To be honest, I get the impression that if we'd splashed out millions on a Premiership or foreign player you'd be bellyaching about that as well.

Just from this thread! Mr Positive eh?!!

Interesting reply.

I'm well aware of the differences and fully aware that the walker trust are not in for the club.

Thanks for telling me what's going on in my head when you don't even know my name, that's magic and I'll assume there's plenty of smoke involved in your tricks.

i`m puzzled. i suggest the fans trust have no loftier ambitions than treading water in the lower leagues, and you talk about acheivements of the walker trust in response? they aren`t the same thing

It is crazy how much of a short term memory people have. We have signed EPL players last year, to ask it again this year after the way some of them performed is absolutely insane! Stability bring success, and right now what we need it not a bunch of individuals, but a team! Our so called big names in Bentley, Pedersen, Dunn, Etuhu, Murphy, Dann, Robinson, King, Givet, all on big wages who came from the EPL or other leagues from the same equivalent wasn't enough to get us up. So clearly that call for big names, and big players has failed.

Through following Wimbledon FC when they were in the Championship (Due to my brother being a supporter), to now going to see Millwall play (Only team in London I actually like), teams win by out working the opposition. They win by playing as a team not individuals. Technical ability means nothing in this league if you don't have the work rate to go with it. We are where are because we deserve to be there, for people calling for lets be honest the same thing as last summer you are insane!

Archived