BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

yeah but i doubt they have anything like the 40 odd million plus venkys have put in to the club to purchase/pay off debt/buy players/sustain wages. sorry, but in my eyes, like it or not, venkys are still our best bet. the situation ain`t good and there`s A CHANCE the club could end up in the lower leagues under them, but under the likes of the trust or the two ians, with no money available to pay players of any quality at all, it would be a certainty.

we are NOT in a pompey situation, but the actions of some supporters could be putting us in danger of being.

So supporters should stand back and give Venkys a chance? Ridiculous! Look at Swansea!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah but i doubt they have anything like the 40 odd million plus venkys have put in to the club to purchase/pay off debt/buy players/sustain wages. sorry, but in my eyes, like it or not, venkys are still our best bet. the situation ain`t good and there`s A CHANCE the club could end up in the lower leagues under them, but under the likes of the trust or the two ians, with no money available to pay players of any quality at all, it would be a certainty.

we are NOT in a pompey situation, but the actions of some supporters could be putting us in danger of being.

I'd much rather be in administration and relegated to the conference than have Venkys running the club, simple as that.

for me, we just have to hope that at some point in time venkys get it right.

Do you inject or smoke crack ?

There's more chance of me buying a burnley season ticket than these knobs getting done thing right

What are you accusing fans of doing exactly ?

i have to ask, what sort of money could the supporters trust offer venky`s to take the club off their hands? i`ve heard around a couple of million. why the kean would venkys cut their losses to such an extent? and even if they did, where would the money come from to pay wages of players/manager/coaching set up/club employees etc when all the money the trust had available would have been spent on purchasing the club?

it`s a nice sentiment from these fans, but ultimatly totally unrealistic. shebby is right in some ways.

Fair points.

Who knows what the future holds, but we are in a very bad place just now. Probably as bad as any time during the 36 years I have followed BRFC

I think The Trust have already conceded the fact that alone they couldn't financially sustain the club, I'll stand corrected if that is not the case. My understanding was they hope to have a financial involvement in conjunction with others, whether that be Seneca or ANother.

Based upon the fact that Venkys may have 'already done the dough' by mortgaging future parachute payments, saddled the club with ludicrous contractual arrangements with some players that allegedly total £30 million and have a rapidly declining income stream that probably would be insufficient to cover Murphy and Etuhu's wages alone, Venkys have made the club practically unbuyable to anyone with a modicum of common sense.

So, you may be right unfortunately, considering finances alone, Venkys may be Hobson's choice.

What a terrifying prospect!

The Trust aren't the only option. The two Ian's seem to have access to funds that could make them available option, but who would take on a business spunking £2M per month?

The 2 Ians would! They've said so over and over again. In fact they've told us that they email Raos every fortnight on the subject!

They would take over on the basis that the changes they'd make would mean we wouldn't lose 2m a month.

That's just one example we know about.

The new chairman of Portsmouth has said he believes the Pompey Trust can realistically run a Championship club with the resources that would be available to them.

The Rovers Trust believes the same. And both Trust's have done extensive financial modelling to get the numbers right.

In our situation, it's all predicated on the owners being willing or forced to sell and at what price and with what debt.

Those are the intangibles at the moment.

At Portsmouth, the wealthier backers of the Trust are known as Presidents and have funded the takeover with a mixture of loans and shares.

There are quite a lot of very wealthy Rovers supporters who may well be persuaded to invest under the right circumstances, in addition to the two Ians.

I think around 1,600 other Pompey supporters (I may not have this number correct) have also paid £1,000 per share, which is the price the Rovers Trust has always been using.

Venkys our best bet are you on drugs? BTW were do you get they've put money in from? They've put loaned money + taken cash out

Open your eyes pal

With the club in the position it's in, with the debts it currently has, as well as monthly losses, the club is essentially worthless unless you plan on selling things off. And when I say things, I don't mean players.

The new chairman of Portsmouth has said he believes the Pompey Trust can realistically run a Championship club with the resources that would be available to them.

The Rovers Trust believes the same. And both Trust's have done extensive financial modelling to get the numbers right.

In our situation, it's all predicated on the owners being willing or forced to sell and at what price and with what debt.

Those are the intangibles at the moment.

At Portsmouth, the wealthier backers of the Trust are known as Presidents and have funded the takeover with a mixture of loans and shares.

There are quite a lot of very wealthy Rovers supporters who may well be persuaded to invest under the right circumstances, in addition to the two Ians.

I think around 1,600 other Pompey supporters (I may not have this number correct) have also paid £1,000 per share, which is the price the Rovers Trust has always been using.

The previous discussions about the difference between wealthier backers and members has been that each person gets one vote - regardless of value injected.

Does this Presidential status create a different level and avoid breaking the previous promise? Or am I being unfair?

It does make sense as I never understand how you could motivate someone to put their hand in their pocket and only get the same share of the club as a member.

Also, how does money injected by the Trust get taken into account from a FFP perspective? Is this a loophole?

i have to ask, what sort of money could the supporters trust offer venky`s to take the club off their hands? i`ve heard around a couple of million. why the kean would venkys cut their losses to such an extent? and even if they did, where would the money come from to pay wages of players/manager/coaching set up/club employees etc when all the money the trust had available would have been spent on purchasing the club?

it`s a nice sentiment from these fans, but ultimatly totally unrealistic. shebby is right in some ways.

You are absolutely clueless.

The money that's been paying the wages hasn't been coming from Venky's own pockets. It's been coming from parachute payments (16 million this season), TV money, gate receipts and the limited sponsorships we've managed to negotiate.

Clubs have been sold for 1 pound before when the cost of sustaining the club has been so great that it's cheaper to just give the club up if someone will take on the debts.

Hang on saxo is entitled to his opinion. (Totally disagree with it mind.)

My counter argument would be what makes you think 1) Venkys have actually put any money in and 2) are going to be good for us given that they get EVERY decision wrong?

Even if a supporters trust could only help sustain us at league 2 level (and they seem a lot more organized and smarter than that) we'd at least know they have our best interests at heart and would get some decisions right. Neither of these things will happen under Venkys

Archived