BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even with the berg court case things at rovers have seemed relatively calm in shabbys absence, the last couple of months, lets see how fast that changes on his return.

Hahaha!! Yep, things have been whitewashingly great!

Good to see people are taking Agnew's advice and moving on.

Hahaha!! Yep, things have been whitewashingly great!

Good to see people are taking Agnew's advice and moving on.

Who said things where great?

(Its those that refuse to move on at all that have their heads in the sand)

I just said calm!(which it has been)

It's surely been calm because the season's finished. The players and the caretaker manager have gone on their hols. Shaw and Agnew are keeping a relatively low profile and hoping that we'll all forget the muck up they have made. This is, by definition, the calm time. Players who want to leave can't because the transfer window isn't open yet. They can start making plans but not actually going. In some countries the leagues are still playing as is the prem here. Possibly Singh's absence adds to our calm, in that he's not around making silly statements, but he's not the reason for it.

It's surely been calm because the season's finished. The players and the caretaker manager have gone on their hols. Shaw and Agnew are keeping a relatively low profile and hoping that we'll all forget the muck up they have made. This is, by definition, the calm time. Players who want to leave can't because the transfer window isn't open yet. They can start making plans but not actually going. In some countries the leagues are still playing as is the prem here. Possibly Singh's absence adds to our calm, in that he's not around making silly statements, but he's not the reason for it.

I agree with all your saying, pal :xmas:

I was just pointing out the fact that it has been calm(yes mainly for the reasons you've pointed out), But you can bet your bottom dollar that will change(most likely for the worst) now shabby is returning.

Wow. That perspective deserves a thread of its own!

Can the board be set to only allow TJ to post in it and nowhere else? ;)

It could be called "I'll post idiotic things then rattle off reams of abuse at you when you punch gaping holes in my posts" ;)

I don't normally read slanging matches on here. i just skip over them - especially when Abbey is involved because he can get slightly ANGRY if someone has a different viewpoint since the V's. (no offence Abs)

However this post ...

Who said things where great?

(Its those that refuse to move on at all that have their heads in the sand)

I just said calm!(which it has been)

... , unless I've taken it out of context, tells me he is actually 100% bang on about you.

• Backroom

Honestly, does it matter? We already know the club's a joke, nothing Shebby does or says is ultimately going to matter. The fact Derek Shaw remains at the club says it all. Venky's (I hesitate to use the term owners for obvious reasons) are either seriously corrupt or stupid beyond comprehension, possibly both. Regardless, until they're gone we're going to languish in this filthy ditch they've thrown us into. Shebby returning is just a case of a little more @#/? being tossed on top of us.

What God shouldn't help us or Shebby shouldn't come back? Personally I'd like a bit of divine intervention AND I'd like shebby not to come back.

I'd like the plane he's on to take a detour over the Bermuda Triangle, or that island from Lost, I think he'd really like it there.

Hmmm. Not sure if this is the right topic, but thought I'd share the following I heard today. Nothing earth shattering but may interest some.

My mate texted me to say he was attending a memorial football tournament to honour a friend who died suddenly last year. Turned out that one of the players was a former Rover and he too had been a close friend of the deceased. Anyway, he started to tell the player that he had a mate who was a Rovers fan and that I keep lamenting over former glories and alike. In reply, the player then told my mate that immediately prior to the Berg appointment, he, together with Chris Sutton and Billy McKinley had believed they were going to be appointed and he was in fact en route to Ewood when he got a call from his agent to say that the owners had decided that based on fans reaction to this possibility, they had cooled their interest somewhat and wanted to take further soundings. HB was appointed very soon after this.

I know this story is in the public domain but I thought I'd share. My mate is absolutely reliable on this and he did subsequently send me a photo of the two together so I can verify the guy is who he says he is. I appreciate many may know who I am referring to. The conversation was not in confidence, so I could state the name, but out of respect the guy whose life was being celebrated I have decided against this. I'm sure many know or can work it out if they want.

People can draw what inferences they want, but it would seem to suggest that the Venky's ultimately pulled the plug on this proposed appointment because they got cold feet, with HB being Singh's contingency plan and all because he was perceived as being more acceptable to the fans because he had less baggage. This would seem to have been more important than his ability to manage.

Archived