BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

Ian Holloway's palace team doing very well in the play offs so far. Did it ever come out why we didn't appoint him? I do recall Shebby having a say in that one as well.

Story goes that Olly stormed out of the interview due to the Shebby factor. I think that story came from Nicko, though, so take it for what you will.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ian Holloway's palace team doing very well in the play offs so far. Did it ever come out why we didn't appoint him? I do recall Shebby having a say in that one as well.

Shagnew were confident they could land Holloway and told Venky's to stop messing around and let them do the deal. At the same time Shebby was chasing and failing with all and sundry including Sherwood and McKinlay.

Holloway had spotted the snag in this arrangement and kept raising his demands beyond the reach of the intrepid duo.

Holloway's done a decent job Shebby ;)

Yep. Listened to his interview about an hour before the match and couldn't help but think of what might have been.

He gets written off as a joker by some but for me he has a great attitude to life.

Singh certainly screwed up on that one......and a million others. The real deal?

Must admit I wasn't keen on Holloway. And correct me if I'm wrong, but if his results had been extrapolated across the season, Crystal Palace wouldn't have finished in the playoffs? Fair play to him, though. He's won it where it matters.

You don't think Singh is the voice of the owners?

Exhibit A in the case for the short memories of football fans.

C'mon DE, this was the position for ages before Singh rocked up.

It's like trying to close Pandora's Box.

He could be the voice of the owners,

who are they?

I think he just likes the attention, that's what seems to drives his remarks.

Maybe he doesn't realise he is representing the club (whether directly employed or not), and thinks he's still in a studio playing the colour summariser role.

If Rovers were doing well on the pitch fans wouldn't give a fig about the owners not attending games or failing to communicate to the fan base.

Well I guess you answered that one ok,

so the fans are correct to question them, whoever they are

Must admit I wasn't keen on Holloway. And correct me if I'm wrong, but if his results had been extrapolated across the season, Crystal Palace wouldn't have finished in the playoffs? Fair play to him, though. He's won it where it matters.

They would have finished 9th, 5 points outside the playoffs and below Ipswich.

Under Freedman, Palace were 3rd after 14 games, one point behind Cardiff in 1st.

I think I heard someone mention the Brighton games were the first back-to-back clean sheets in his reign. He's not known for making his teams defensively sound which you can get punished for big time in the Prem. I'd imagine they'll go straight back down under him.

I was never one who subscribed to the 'Owners need to communicate!'

Actions speak louder than words, and Venky's have been damning.

A lot did though.

For those struggling to remember, Rishi's video might refresh a few memories.

I agree OJ. But it's clear from the video that Singh is toeing a party line.

We won't get proper communication from Venkys and as someone (Keeley I think) said, if Venkys do talk it's seen lies. Not least because of the fact that Belaji eyeballed the Pune 9 and said they would do whatever it takes. Then they kept Kean. It's no wonder our boardroom is divided when our owners don't even sing from the same hymn sheet.

Singh is making himself like Kean though, because he spouts rubbish that everyone can see through. But like Kean if Singh is pushed they will only bring in him with someone even less credible (if that's possible).

For me, with Singh at least affable, fans should be trying to use him for what he is - a communication channel into Venkys. Instead he will be hounded whilst Shagnew remain out of the spotlight watching (assuming they are only watching) him flounder.

Guest Norbert

For what it's worth, I think he does pretty much act as the Rao's mouthpiece, especially as he is not in this country but he uses that role to big himself up and embelleshes and exaggerates in his own inimitable style.

Cryer has said a few times via his Twitter account that he doesn't expect Singh to come back - Cryer was also saying a few ago Hanley was likely to leave this summer so we will just have to wait and see.

I like Andy's Cryer but he also said we'd walk the division last season!

I'm sure I read in the Lancs Telegraph that Shebby had gone home to Malaysia for a couple of weeks, and would then return to India to advise Venky's about possible changes to the Board.

Personally I think he'd make a great Dr Who.

Having read Shebby's comments in the LT today I really do believe that he presents the greatest danger to the club of all those involved off the field. He states that the managers we had last season were clueless - I assume he includes Berg the manager he was so keen to appoint. He also states that he hopes Gary will not alienate any of the players - I assume he means not in the way in which Shebby alienated the players on the eve of last season with his comments about Pedersen. He states that Gary's main aim will be to avoid mediocrity - yes, that coming from Shebby is priceless! To think, a couple of years ago we had John Williams and Tom Finn at the helm and now we have Mr. Mediocrity himself!

Hi Parson it was good to see you at the recent disabled supporters bash and totally encapsulates everything wrong with this once great club but I have asked this question many times before and have yet to to receive a proper answer totally agreed apart from Bowyer who has a task well beyond footie management the big question is 3 managers hired were totally incompetent and clueless completely agree but he hired one of those clueless and incompetent managers does that not make Shebby clueless and incompetent maybe if this clown ever does get back on this green and pleasant land the next reporter should ask him this very question & see what his response is?. Also after the appt of Jose at Chelsea & he talks about getting re-married with chelsea I was just wondering if there is any chance of getting a divorce from Shebby & shagnew? :P

I saw this on my ISP's website.

It seemed so apt to our present predicament and applies equally to our owners and the three amigos currently ensconced at Ewood.

"There is surely nothing quite so useless as doing with great efficiency what should not be done at all."

Archived