BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

I have. And still some on here prefer to throw insults and accusations, rather than just making the most of what they've got (which admittedly isn't much).

What a condescending post

how have you offered to help?

how can you help?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Samba - Outwardly there's talk of using the money to strengthen the squad in the summer. But a few select people have told me that Barclays have been on the telephone. They didn't order the sale, but they do have their hand out regardless. The chances of seeing any manager other than Kean or a bank manager at Ewood until summer are zero IMO.

Obviously Barclays have insider knowledge of the BRFC accounts, the modus operandi of the business and presumably a good insight into the entire Venkey businesses. Nothing wrong with this as it's in their interest to take a close look at who is borrowing money from them and also as they will be in the wider financial loop to estimate how safe / unsafe is their investment. Banks will talk to other banks.

So... It appears to me that Barclays don't have a very good opinion of the Venkey/BRFC business as it stands. In fact I'd say they are desperate to get their money out. In actual fact I'd opine that they are sh1tscared of losing it.

So MG why do you think this would be? Just what is spooking Barclays so much? Is money 'disappearing' from the business which cannot be readily explained?

I have. And still some on here prefer to throw insults and accusations, rather than just making the most of what they've got (which admittedly isn't much).

MAKING THE MOST OF WHAT WEVE GOT????????????????????????????????????

WE HAD A LOT MORE BEFORE YOU PILLOCKS TOOK OVER

I see you finally found your caps lock button. :tu:

WOW :rolleyes: what a comeback ....im as impressed as much as i love venkys :rolleyes:

Obviously Barclays have insider knowledge of the BRFC accounts, the modus operandi of the business and presumably a good insight into the entire Venkey businesses. Nothing wrong with this as it's in their interest to take a close look at who is borrowing money from them and also as they will be in the wider financial loop to estimate how safe / unsafe is their investment. Banks will talk to other banks.

So... It appears to me that Barclays don't have a very good opinion of the Venkey/BRFC business as it stands. In fact I'd say they are desperate to get their money out. In actual fact I'd opine that they are sh1tscared of losing it.

So MG why do you think this would be? Just what is spooking Barclays so much? Is money 'disappearing' from the business which cannot be readily explained?

Honestly, you now know as much as I do on this matter. But wouldn't the FA become involved if money was disappearing? Didn't they already give Venky's/Rovers a clean chit?

Thank you for the clarification.

I appreciate your contribution and I have no bone to pick with you personally.

I do, however, despise your employers.

The Rovers' downward spiral over the last 15 months is 100% of Venkys' making. Talk of people wanting them to fail, etc., at time of acquisition is pure fantasy. What caused the deterioration in the relationship between owners and fans is the owners' repeated failures and continual shortcomings. Disappointed doesn't begin to cover it.

Thank you for the clarification.

I appreciate your contribution and I have no bone to pick with you personally.

I do, however, despise your employers.

The Rovers' downward spiral over the last 15 months is 100% of Venkys' making. Talk of people wanting them to fail, etc., at time of acquisition is pure fantasy. What caused the deterioration in the relationship between owners and fans is the owners' repeated failures and continual shortcomings. Disappointed doesn't begin to cover it.

Agreed.

I'm pretty sure JA was behind Keans appointment. At that time he did have quite a bit of influence.

The management team went for reasons I won't go into (Sorry). All I'll say is that Phil Jones contract/sale played a part.

Hang on JW left on the 4th of feb last year. Jones signed his contract on the 15th.

Mmm fishy.

Be careful with the Scottish comments or Maj will be on to you :)

I'm watching him closely.

Honestly, you now know as much as I do on this matter. But wouldn't the FA become involved if money was disappearing? Didn't they already give Venky's/Rovers a clean chit?

It's not the FA's money, its Barclays. Big difference. Barclays will have much greater interest in the goings on within the Venkey empire than the limpdicks at the FA.

Reading between the lines I'd suggest Barclays have a very low opinion and a deep mistrust of all things Venkey. If you only know as much as I then you can do nothing else but agree with me.

btw.... Do we have anybody on here with strong links with Barclays who might be in a position to ask a few questions off the record of course and shed some light on this? :huh:

Hang on JW left on the 4th of feb last year. Jones signed his contract on the 15th.

Mmm fishy.

I thought that sounded lame. You've confirmed it. Unless of course MG is discounting SA and JW involvement and only taking Finn and Goodman into the equation. As you say 'fishy'. And rem Maj there are only two things that smell of fish and one of them is fish. ;)

MG - how are you finding using your Blackberry?

Great thanks. But replying to multiple posts quickly is a pain. And quoting somebody from another thread required the patience of a saint and the dexterity of a surgeon.

It was soooo worth it though. :lol:

I don't have ESPN at home but I did follow the online commentary at GOAL.com and they called the game like it was.

The game was on Sky Sports 2 not ESPN. Once again you have been caught out. I think you are a bigger imposter than the man who purports to be our manager.

The game was on Sky Sports 2 not ESPN. Once again you have been caught out. I think you are a bigger imposter than the man who purports to be our manager.

Don't have Sky Sports either so it doesn't make any difference. Are you sure it wasn't on ESPN here in India?

It was in England, but ESPN show PL matches around the world.

Don't have Sky Sports either so it doesn't make any difference. Are you sure it wasn't on ESPN here in India?

I don't know mate I was at The Etihad Stadium not in India ;) The game was on Sky Sports 2 here. I actually recorded it but after being there seeing it live I couldn't put myself through it again. Pitiful doesn't do it justice. I watched the Carling Cup final today and on paper Liverpool are miles ahead of Cardiff. But you know what they worked their socks off, made a few tackles and competed all over the field. That attitude by Rovers would have done me yesterday but I saw very little of it. We rolled over, just like we did in our last away match at Arsenal. Sometimes if you give players an excuse not to compete they will take it. It was clear yesterday that Kean told his players yesterday that we didn't want any injuries or suspensions before the next few games.

The family were watching it on television at home (11pm kick-off here)

Purely out of nosiness and genuine lack of knowledge of the living arrangements - "home" isn't the same house for all the siblings, partners and offspring is it? Couldn't help but conjuring up an image of a twisted Waltonesque homestead, where everyone lives together and does things together.

Archived