BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

I have an idea,

why don't the current board grow a pair and impose their authority on the business and especially on number one clown.

###### scrimshankers

Actually, I think the board have the power to sack the manager, subject to a vote of course

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I think the board have the power to sack the manager, subject to a vote of course

This was basically how Liverpool got rid of the previous yank chancers; the board led by Martin Broughton basically agreed to sell the club from under them with the legality of the decision being upheld in the High Court. Now there was the added bonus of support from Barclays to get the club sold but it does show what can be done by power of majority.

Interesting though that liverpool were indeed sold from under hicks and gillette without their consent. How was that allowed to happen and COULD it happen with us?? Im not advocating it but wondering what the differences are between their situation and ours.

• Backroom

Interesting though that liverpool were indeed sold from under hicks and gillette without their consent. How was that allowed to happen and COULD it happen with us?? Im not advocating it but wondering what the differences are between their situation and ours.

I think the bank were the big difference in the Liverpool case. RBS were a massive part of pushing the Americans out of Liverpool. We'd need Barclays to similarly crank the pressure up on Venky's via the courts and I just don't see that happening.

I think the bank were the big difference in the Liverpool case. RBS were a massive part of pushing the Americans out of Liverpool. We'd need Barclays to similarly crank the pressure up on Venky's via the courts and I just don't see that happening.

Correct, Martin Broughton was brought in by the yanks to sell the club. What they did not expect was that Broughton would lead a board revolt and sell to FSG at a price much lower than the chancers were looking for.

However the president set for a board to outvote a foreign owner in something as critical as club ownership is interesting. Why can't our board put Coco's continued employment to a vote if they have the best interests of the club at heart?

Who is the chairman of the board? Who are the members of the board? Do they have any incentive, other than placating fans, to oust Kean contrary to the owners' will?

Three teams are relegated every year. It is not a breach of duty merely because the club is relegated. Something far more is needed, I would presume. While I believe something shifty is going on, I have no proof of it and neither [apparently] does anyone else. Why the board would sit back and let us be relegated without a fight is beyond me, but it appears to be in the cards.

Who is the chairman of the board? Who are the members of the board? Do they have any incentive, other than placating fans, to oust Kean contrary to the owners' will?

Three teams are relegated every year. It is not a breach of duty merely because the club is relegated. Something far more is needed, I would presume. While I believe something shifty is going on, I have no proof of it and neither [apparently] does anyone else. Why the board would sit back and let us be relegated without a fight is beyond me, but it appears to be in the cards.

I would have thought that cocco by passing the board and not reporting to them was a breach of corporate responsibility/governance and they could act on that

I would have thought that cocco by passing the board and not reporting to them was a breach of corporate responsibility/governance and they could act on that

Assuming that is correct, what is holding the board back?

I presume self-interest. If English boards are like American, the shareholders (Venkys) vote for the directors at the annual meeting. Which means any revolt of the non-Indian board member would result in that member not being re-appointed. And doesn't one of the English members hold a higher post in the FA due to his position on the Rovers board?

And if memory is correct, the board has at least 2 Venkys employees on it. So their 'revolt' would result in a loss of employment, in addition to not being re-appointed to the board.

So all in all, the Rovers board is of no help to us or the club. They aren't truly independent or, if they are, they are too self-interested to act against the express wishes of the shareholders (Venkys).

Is this serious?

Why did they give him an improved contract?

And why are they willing to let chaos and incompetence reign at Ewood if the course could be corrected for a few million pounds? Are the Roas truly unwilling to correct their mistakes unless they are able to do so with someone else's money (the bank's)?

In my view, the necessary implication of your post is that the Roas are cheap to the point of being self-destructive (penny-wise but pound foolish) and irresponsible (refusing to clean up their own messes).

The info given is to the best of my knowledge. I don't hear everything - just bits n bobs.

The 2 million to sack him isn't a problem. It's the added cost of employing his replacement and all of their staff. 2 deals have fallen through that I know-of due to the replacements wanting to start with a clean sheet of staff at the training ground etc. (The last deal was so close that the potential manger in question liked our coach so much that he poached him)

Selling Samba would've given us the funds (and he knew it). That's why he thought he could act tough and get away with it... He thought he was onto a sure-thing with his antics.

The info given is to the best of my knowledge. I don't hear everything - just bits n bobs.

The 2 million to sack him isn't a problem. It's the added cost of employing his replacement and all of their staff. 2 deals have fallen through that I know-of due to the replacements wanting to start with a clean sheet of staff at the training ground etc. (The last deal was so close that the potential manger in question liked our coach so much that he poached him)

Selling Samba would've given us the funds (and he knew it). That's why he thought he could act tough and get away with it... He thought he was onto a sure-thing with his antics.

Ancelloti turned us down for PSG?? Why on earth was that? :lol: Then again you explained that in the rest of that paragraph.

I don't know whether to believe you anymore, even if I did in the first place. The level of incompetence and staggering inability to grasp the reality of the situation really does appear to have no bounds.

Why don't they try for Capello? I'm sure the pull of working for Venky's, having to work with the existing staff and having no money whatsoever will be a massive attraction for him. That and the fact that there is no structure whatsoever at Ewood Park and it really is a no brainer.

Is that the Indian whisky talking?

So cocco refused Mrs D and would not sell Samba, interesting scenario as to who is actually in charge!

If that is the case and Samba is still here he must have got away with it, so is Mrs D going to get some balls and fire him anyway?

over to you MG Road!

Is that the Indian whisky talking?

So cocco refused Mrs D and would not sell Samba, interesting scenario as to who is actually in charge!

If that is the case and Samba is still here he must have got away with it, so is Mrs D going to get some balls and fire him anyway?

over to you MG Road!

Isn't the he who thought he could get away with it Samba, not Kean?

Trying to find that out myself...about half way through the book that was written about it.

Isn't the he who thought he could get away with it Samba, not Kean?

no, the line was

'Selling Samba would've given us the funds (and he knew it). That's why he thought he could act tough and get away with it... He thought he was onto a sure-thing with his antics.'

so Kean knew if Mrs D had the money from the Samba sale she would pot him, hence Samba throwing his toys out of the pram and having to work with a clown again

no, the line was

'Selling Samba would've given us the funds (and he knew it). That's why he thought he could act tough and get away with it... He thought he was onto a sure-thing with his antics.'

so Kean knew if Mrs D had the money from the Samba sale she would pot him, hence Samba throwing his toys out of the pram and having to work with a clown again

My memory might not be the best but didn't people post on here and possibly it was mentioned in the press that Samba received a call from Mrs D during the transfer window telling him he was going nowhere? So M.G. who's closer to the truth here?

The 2 million to sack him isn't a problem. It's the added cost of employing his replacement and all of their staff. 2 deals have fallen through that I know-of due to the replacements wanting to start with a clean sheet of staff at the training ground etc.

Fair enough, but I dont understand that the costs of not potting him and getting relegated make the costs of making the correct decision seem like small change.

Fair enough, but I dont understand that the costs of not potting him and getting relegated make the costs of making the correct decision seem like small change.

You might need to explain the "relegated" thing and the implications Ste. I don't think that's filtered through to Pune yet.

My memory might not be the best but didn't people post on here and possibly it was mentioned in the press that Samba received a call from Mrs D during the transfer window telling him he was going nowhere? So M.G. who's closer to the truth here?

I keep hearing about a phone call between them but the only people who know what was said (if such a call was actually made) are those two themselves.

All I know for certain was that the family reportedly took Samba's attmpt to 'strong-arm' his way out of his contract very badly. I was told through a 3rd party (before the end of the transfer window) that Samba would be with us at least til summer.

I know the family was advised to sell Samba & Hoilett and bring in a new manager and someboty to replace Samba. I've no idea why they didn't do it. (Both myself and another mentioned Martin O'Neil's name before he was snapped up elsewhere but they didn't want him, or he didn't want us)

There is a direct quote from Samba himself saying that he had a conference with the owners who said he was not allowed to leave.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4089717/Chris-Samba-news-Samba-wants-to-quit-Blackurn-because-of-broken-promises.html

"I told them last week in a conference call how I felt and that I wanted to go and they just said 'no'."

"It's very difficult dealing with people who you never see and are always away from the club."

Archived