SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are under the age of 35 I take it?

And if I said that the odds are heavily stacked that you won't see top level football at Ewood ever again?

Yes mate im under 35. I dont think I would want mid table mediocrity again. Its the most overrated league in the history of football IMO and has so many big egos etc. Whats the point in us being there we get no recogniton, no mention, nothing.

If we didnt see top flight football again for a while (as bad as it sounds) I wouldnt mind and would still go home and away. I want something different to be perfectly honest.

Yes mate im under 35. I dont think I would want mid table mediocrity again. Its the most overrated league in the history of football IMO and has so many big egos etc. Whats the point in us being there we get no recogniton, no mention, nothing.

If we didnt see top flight football again for a while (as bad as it sounds) I wouldnt mind and would still go home and away. I want something different to be perfectly honest.

We are on track for that

:blink:

You serious Adam?

I bloody loved being one of the top 10 teams in England. Being the highest acheiving town club in Britain. Such pride. European trips thrown in, cup semis thrown in. Outside the present top 6, what other clubs has come close?

You are happy for it to all disappear, perhaps for your lifetime, so we can play in front of 8000 at Ewood and roam about in the lower leagues visiting Coventry, Watford and so on? Still paying £25 quid for your away ticket, £400 (not £200) for a season ticket, watching pi$$ poor players clog about on 15k a week?

Make no mistake, the novelty will soon wear off and I for one will be devestated.

You serious Adam?

I bloody loved being one of the top 10 teams in England. Being the highest acheiving town club in Britain. Such pride. European trips thrown in, cup semis thrown in. Outside the present top 6, what other clubs has come close?

You are happy for it to all disappear, perhaps for your lifetime, so we can play in front of 8000 at Ewood and roam about in the lower leagues visiting Coventry, Watford and so on? Still paying £25 quid for your away ticket, £400 (not £200) for a season ticket, watching pi$$ poor players clog about on 15k a week?

Make no mistake, the novelty will soon wear off and I for one will be devestated.

+100

• Backroom

You serious Adam?

This, pretty much. If relegation would 100% get rid of the Raos then it'd be a sacrifice worth making but let's not kid ourselves about the footballing side of it... it's going to be fecking sh1te.

As for fans being "bored of mid table mediocrity" in the Premier League... dear oh dear.

As opposed to pi$$ poor players on 40k a week?

Interesting. Didn't know that.

Did they appoint a chairman/chief exec to run things at the grounds, or were they more hands-on like the Raos?

HA HA HA HA !!!!! Brilliant, thats a really good one, MG!!! You were going for sarcasm there, right??!

I might have missed your reply to my post- what 'help' is it that you are offering Rovers fans exactly?

I've a feeling that's an optimistic view Matty.

We get loads compared to our days in the lower divisions. Tell you what adsfor tell me how much mention/recognition etc that PNE get? How about about the Sheffield clubs? Bristol Rovers? Notts Co? Huddersfield? Charlton? All towns and cities with larger populations than ours but they may as well ne playing in outer Mongolia for all the media attention they receive. Ask any football fan in the country what Division we are in and they will know, they will be able to name at least half a dozen of our players too. Now how many of the above could you do that for?

No, it was a complete disaster from every conceivable angle. They stopped in Iceland and appointed a General Manager without any experience who continually lied to the fans and very early on his tenure if became clear that he didn't have a clue what he was doing. The owners admitted to not knowing anything about football or gave the impression that they actually cared about the future of the club - like the Raos.

Are you sure about that? I don't recall them hiring an Icelandic GM.

I think Røkke & Gjelsten bought WFC for around £30m and subsequently moved the whole thing to Milton Keynes and renamed it 'Milton Keynes Dons'. They never hid the fact that they were looking at it as a business investment, and in such they were actually a little ahead of their time. It ended up costing them a load of money though, it's been claimed around £50m were lost in total, and a club got stripped of its identity in the process.

Initially they did invest in the squad and they moved the club two or three years in after trying to find suitable property in London.

Difference between Wimbledon and ourselves is that they didn't have their own ground and nothing close to the facilities at Brockhall. Similar to us, they had been punching above their weight for a number of years, and their downfall started when they got relegated - let's hope we don't emulate that part.

Too many tactical changes too early on, changing from man marking to zonal etc, and giving tactically inept players like Marcus Gayle defensive responsibilities, were among the errors made by current Norway coach Egil 'Drillo' Olsen during the season they went down. A lot of players were disloyal and showed a lack of professionalism, but it's a manager's job to keep people in line. :rover:

Are you sure about that? I don't recall them hiring an Icelandic GM.

I think Røkke & Gjelsten bought WFC for around £30m and subsequently moved the whole thing to Milton Keynes and renamed it 'Milton Keynes Dons'. They never hid the fact that they were looking at it as a business investment, and in such they were actually a little ahead of their time. It ended up costing them a load of money though, it's been claimed around £50m were lost in total, and a club got stripped of its identity in the process.

Initially they did invest in the squad and they moved the club two or three years in after trying to find suitable property in London.

Difference between Wimbledon and ourselves is that they didn't have their own ground and nothing close to the facilities at Brockhall. Similar to us, they had been punching above their weight for a number of years, and their downfall started when they got relegated - let's hope we don't emulate that part.

Too many tactical changes too early on, changing from man marking to zonal etc, and giving tactically inept players like Marcus Gayle defensive responsibilities, were among the errors made by current Norway coach Egil 'Drillo' Olsen during the season they went down. A lot of players were disloyal and showed a lack of professionalism, but it's a manager's job to keep people in line. :rover:

I've a feeling Rovers won't own the ground after the Venkys have finished selling off the assets.

I've a feeling Rovers won't own the ground after the Venkys have finished selling off the assets.

Are we certain about what assets they own? There is a school of thought that says they own neither Brockhall nor Ewood Park.

Are we certain about what assets they own? There is a school of thought that says they own neither Brockhall nor Ewood Park.

Well, as long as Brockhall keep producing players that Venky's insist on letting go on a free or selling for a profit then they might as well own it ;)

You serious Adam?

+1000

Some will not realise what we had until its gone.

Completely agree.

If we spend another 26 years outside the PL I will be 81 when we come back up.

I know you picked that number off the top of your head phil but thats not a totally unrealistic notion....truely depressing.

If you told me a year and a half ago that the club would be in this state I would have laughed at you until tears flowed.

Lately I have been reading back through some of the topics that were popular back then.

We as a group were whinging over some real petty things.

Some wanted Sam out.. how I would love to have the man here now.

Most wanted Andrews out... we would be very glad to have him soon I fear.

Some actually wanted John W out... words fail me.

Again most wanted new owners... say what you will about the trust but the club would never have gone out of existance under their ownership. We may have dropped a devision but we would still have a club.

Just stop for a moment and you will see we had it so good. Now we are going down (not just devisions) and no one in a position of power will do anything about it. Somehow supporting rovers makes me feel sad now. But there can only be one team in a lifetime and for better or worse its rovers.

Dear MG,

This will probably be my last message to you. And it’s just to say – and I think that I probably represent the views of many Blackburn Rovers fans here – that after the previous weekend, I really, really wish that your employers would sell Blackburn Rovers. In fact, I wish they would go tomorrow and I wish that you could let them know that most fans think the same.

A few years ago, John Williams led a campaign that involved winning the ‘Hearts and Minds’ of the people of East Lancashire, with an aim to increasing the number of Rovers fans and making children want to be fans for life. He realised the importance that fans play in a ‘small town club’ in a not very fashionable part of England. In those days he knew that the fans could and would be the ‘twelfth man’ for the club during vital matches.

Last weekend’s security ‘trial’ was the straw that broke the camel’s back for many fans whose hearts I now don’t believe our current owners will ever win over. The policy of making children unexpectedly face rows of stewards and police and be ‘frisked’ before entering the Darwen End will have put some of these youngsters off Blackburn Rovers for life. The adults also found it disgusting as paying customers to be treated like criminals and obviously mistrusted rather than valued. I don’t know if there is any truth in what I’ve heard about females being searched by males and vice versa but I hope that you and your employers would find this unacceptable.

Security checks involving ‘frisking’ may the norm in Indian culture. Although I am quite widely travelled, I am a little ignorant of Indian culture and for that, I apologise. However, ‘frisking’ en masse is definitely not the norm at East Lancashire football grounds and prior warning should have been given, so that parents could forewarn and thus lessen the fear and shock that their children experienced last Saturday.

Is Vinny Rao spending more time over here now? Whenever I have lived and worked other countries, I have taken care to find out about and to adapt to the lifestyles and cultures of the people amongst whom I was living. If Vinny was aware of the security ‘trial’ (which as the highest ranking member of Venky’s we see or hear from around these parts, we can only assume he did), he perhaps ought to have given more thought to the club’s old culture of supporting the supporters rather than permitting them to be shocked and dismayed by this new attitude of suspicion.

I now feel that the Rao family’s views on running a football club and those of the majority of Blackburn Rovers fans are so incompatible that things can only end disastrously if they continue to be the owners of BRFC for very much longer.

Goodbye, MG.

Dear MG,

This will probably be my last message to you. And it’s just to say – and I think that I probably represent the views of many Blackburn Rovers fans here – that after the previous weekend, I really, really wish that your employers would sell Blackburn Rovers. In fact, I wish they would go tomorrow and I wish that you could let them know that most fans think the same.

A few years ago, John Williams led a campaign that involved winning the ‘Hearts and Minds’ of the people of East Lancashire, with an aim to increasing the number of Rovers fans and making children want to be fans for life. He realised the importance that fans play in a ‘small town club’ in a not very fashionable part of England. In those days he knew that the fans could and would be the ‘twelfth man’ for the club during vital matches.

Last weekend’s security ‘trial’ was the straw that broke the camel’s back for many fans whose hearts I now don’t believe our current owners will ever win over. The policy of making children unexpectedly face rows of stewards and police and be ‘frisked’ before entering the Darwen End will have put some of these youngsters off Blackburn Rovers for life. The adults also found it disgusting as paying customers to be treated like criminals and obviously mistrusted rather than valued. I don’t know if there is any truth in what I’ve heard about females being searched by males and vice versa but I hope that you and your employers would find this unacceptable.

Security checks involving ‘frisking’ may the norm in Indian culture. Although I am quite widely travelled, I am a little ignorant of Indian culture and for that, I apologise. However, ‘frisking’ en masse is definitely not the norm at East Lancashire football grounds and prior warning should have been given, so that parents could forewarn and thus lessen the fear and shock that their children experienced last Saturday.

Is Vinny Rao spending more time over here now? Whenever I have lived and worked other countries, I have taken care to find out about and to adapt to the lifestyles and cultures of the people amongst whom I was living. If Vinny was aware of the security ‘trial’ (which as the highest ranking member of Venky’s we see or hear from around these parts, we can only assume he did), he perhaps ought to have given more thought to the club’s old culture of supporting the supporters rather than permitting them to be shocked and dismayed by this new attitude of suspicion.

I now feel that the Rao family’s views on running a football club and those of the majority of Blackburn Rovers fans are so incompatible that things can only end disastrously if they continue to be the owners of BRFC for very much longer.

Goodbye, MG.

+ 20,716

Archived