BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

This just goes to show how out of touch and totally deluded our owners are,in the words of Albert Einstein

"We cannot solve our problems

with the same thinking we used

when we created them"

You can completely understand how Kean has kept his job for this long,it gets clearer by the day how completely irrelevant the fans opinions are, the only reason they have bought the club is to have a bit of a play.Why the hell didn`t they go buy a race horse like normal rich people do

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Asian/Singaporeans/Asia-based folks on the board can attest to the fact that Shebby Singh is a joke. Since the early 2000s, he's been doing media work for ESPN and Star Sports on cable tv here. Mainly as the token Asian representative on our version of Football Focus, a programme hosted by three other caucasians, and as cannon fodder for Steve McMahon( who comes across as just that little bit pretentious by the way). In any case, the only positive I can think of is that SS is opinionated, and fights his ground. At least his TV persona stands by his position, though most of the time he gets slapped around by the other commentators. I think he is very far out of his depth, but there is some chance that he will bring some passion to the job. Which is probably more than can be said for others like JA or Steve Kean and his cronies. Whether SS has Desai's ear, I'm not sure. Will he turn out to be yet another puppet once thrust into the position? Or can he dislodge the mighty baldy? We can only wait and see. If SS can get rid of baldy, I will give him a chance.

That is my most positive take. I think though, that the likelier outcome, is that we are in the midst of a tragedy that will end up with a the club being wound up after its has been asset-stripped. Thank you trustees, for selling us to a bunch of crooks. Goodbye, Rovers. We had a good run.

shame the story is from early may

Shame our new DOF doesn't know what he's talking about:

"Then, there were a number of players who were past their prime. If Manchester United's Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs struggle at times in midfield these days, then what more Blackburn's midfield duo of Morten Gamst Pedersen and David Dunn?"

I don't watch Utd often but I've seen a few games where Scholes was the most influential player in the team. Less sure about Giggs' contribution this year but Fergie doesn't pick teams based on sentiment.

Scholes contract has just been extended!

shame the story is from early may

It was only last month !

The telegraph are reporting that Shabby will be 'global advisor' (what the hell is that supposed to mean ??) based in John Williams old office and he will act as go between and help with transfers.

What other club would employ someone to act as a go between when he has openly said Kean must go ?

Nothing has made any sense over the last 18 months but this is ludicrous.

Do Venkys even know he wrote the article about Kean ?

Hopefully Andy Cryer will do a back page spread on how Mr Singh thinks "Kean must go" when his appointment is finally confirmed.

It was only last month !

The telegraph are reporting that Shabby will be 'global advisor' (what the hell is that supposed to mean ??) based in John Williams old office and he will act as go between and help with transfers.

What other club would employ someone to act as a go between when he has openly said Kean must go ?

Nothing has made any sense over the last 18 months but this is ludicrous.

Do Venkys even know he wrote the article about Kean ?

Hopefully Andy Cryer will do a back page spread on how Mr Singh thinks "Kean must go" when his appointment is finally confirmed.

If they don't and they find out, he wont last long.

Global advisor ?, Help with transfers ? Wouldn't this all fit in with having a fire sale of players, selling them abroad for as much as possible with funds now going to the bank in India :wacko:

Trying top find some positives in this...

Positives:

01 - He does not like Kean - I guess his dislike of Kean is a double edged sword, Kean does not work well with others who do not agree with him but at the same time it may lead to Kean going

02 - He did identify our main weakness last season in regards to a lack of bite in midfield, if as expected he is in charge of transfers then this will be his priority

03 - He may have power over the starting 11 which would see underperforming players dropped, quotes from last season show he really disliked Keans starting 11s and is no fan of Dann, Dunn and MGP

04 - He would be making decisions not the fans, the Roas or any agent which even from a nutbar has to be better than now

05 - He is an extremely passionate workaholic, if not on TV (ESPN or other shows) he was helping Venkys in India and the academies and coaching in his own country

06 - His links to Asia may prove useful (wonder if he knows the Malaysian consortium who considered taking over the club)

07 - There is a chance he will be able to weasel more cash from Venkys to fix the team

08 - He can take abuse on the chin

Negatives:

01 - He is a certifiable loon who loves himself and is extremely opinionated

02 - He is a press hound, will be embarrassing us live on TV on a regular basis

03 - He loves to dabble, so expect Academy, coaching style, team sheets etc etc to be played with

04 - No experience in this role and probably a lack of knowledge regarding the championship (however his persona means he will try and fix that quick)

05 - He is a massive fan of the 4231 formation which I really am not sure will work that well in the championship (saying that it did work for swansea)

06 - His judgement of players is questionable as is his tactical knowledge

07 - If he has control on teamsheets forcing formations, players and starting 11s on Kean it will be a disaster in terms of morale (not that morale is any good anyway), unity and probably performances

08 - He likes putting players in positions that they do not normally play in (quoted as saying Gerrard should be a rightback)

09 - He has no real experience of the inner workings of the english game

10 - He is another Venkys signing and has already made his opinion of Kean clear yet Kean is still here and now he is arriving

11 - He will probably not drop all his other responsibilities, and we could do with someone focused

12 - DOFs have not worked in the UK, he will have to be an exception to the rules

13 - I believe he will be tasked with also finding a way to get kids from India and beyond into the academy which could utterly destroy it

14 - He is another one who believes in pushing kids through as early as possible and does not value experience as much as he should (part of me wonders if that is why we lost so much experience last season esp with the likes of Nelsen, Salgado and co)

15 - He utterly despises the percentage game which works in this country when you do not have the funds to get the right players

16 - Once he has an opinion he sticks to it, if a player is not good enough that opinion will not change

17 - He has no local loyalty to the club

18 - He will not command any form of respect with players or staff and is more than likely to upset a few on his travels

Overall not great, a couple of the positives may accidently work in our favour but if he is on the mission I expect then this is going to make last season look like the glory days.

Does anyone remember if Grant Hanley was ever played out of position last season, thought his quote on Hanley being a center back and played out of position a bit odd.. don't even remember him being put anywhere else except in his proper position (was probably the only outfield player not to be played out of position)?

If he gets his way I would expect to see:

1 - A 4231 formation

2 - Lowe, Hanley and Simon playing more

3 - Dunn, Dann and maybe MGP booted

4 - 2-3 new midfield players and a new center back

5 - A first 11 along the lines of Bunn - Olsson, Hanley, ?, Orr - ?/Petrovic, Lowe - ?/Rochina/Olsson, Formica, Simon - ?/Goodwillie (naturally presuming Nzonzi, Dunn, MGP, Yak, Dann, Robinson all leave)

Archived