BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

Apparently, both trialists have been sent home so it seems whoever they were is purely academic as they won't be signing.

Think this UAE guy will sign. He seems to have a bit more pedigree about him. Would also expect a more established cm to sign. Marrow has been impressive tho in pre-season.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Name three other clubs in Europe who would be ahead of Rovers to sign him.

Go on, name them.

Brilliant

I love that its the second time he's been seriously mentioned on here this time he may be older but we are a different club now

I wonder if he would impress on trial

sorry Tom as I have re-thought it out you are probably right X.Alonso would be out of our range wage wise. Glad to have bought much cheer to the doom & gloom messageboard.

However I have had a message from Unleaded on twitter and I now know the name of the Spanish midfielder trialist but I have been sworn to total secrecy all I will say is the guy is technically brilliant much better than what we have a good passer of the ball put it this way if we do get this guy in I think people will be pleasantly surprised & there would be cause for optimism it's definitely a player to not moan at.

Brilliant

I love that its the second time he's been seriously mentioned on here this time he may be older but we are a different club now

I wonder if he would impress on trial

No i'd assume Alonso would fail to impress on trial at rovers i mean he just finished a season playing just about every week at Real so i'd think the hustle and bustle of the championship would be way to much for the lad.

sorry Tom as I have re-thought it out you are probably right X.Alonso would be out of our range wage wise. Glad to have bought much cheer to the doom & gloom messageboard.

However I have had a message from Unleaded on twitter and I now know the name of the Spanish midfielder trialist but I have been sworn to total secrecy all I will say is the guy is technically brilliant much better than what we have a good passer of the ball put it this way if we do get this guy in I think people will be pleasantly surprised & there would be cause for optimism it's definitely a player to not moan at.

Over 30 year old though?

We're all bound to be disappointed then........

RussP possibly.

ada do you even read what I have said no we are not bound to be disappointed technically brilliant def. not a player to moan about no doubt JAL will find something wrong with this guy passing wise he will be a massive improvement on what we have if we get him I would say our promotion chances would be massively improved a player of his quality will make many wonder why we have been persisting with Lowe so long a creative genius.

Also I can see Kamy's thinking on this if the name gets out would harm our chances of getting him all I will say you will not be disappointed & I hope we get him.

RussP possibly.

ada do you even read what I have said no we are not bound to be disappointed technically brilliant def. not a player to moan about no doubt JAL will find something wrong with this guy passing wise he will be a massive improvement on what we have if we get him I would say our promotion chances would be massively improved a player of his quality will make many wonder why we have been persisting with Lowe so long a creative genius.

Also I can see Kamy's thinking on this if the name gets out would harm our chances of getting him all I will say you will not be disappointed & I hope we get him.

We'll see, how many times has this line been trotted out only for it to end in tears.

I over heard , a conversation today , a football agent was organising a trial for a young player ...

He played against Bury yesterday and Rovers think he is no better than Judge ,...

Think he may have been at Spurs last season ...

This is the jist of what I could eavesdrop ..

No idea of nationality or position ...

Ada why can't you have a little faith I thought JAL was bad trust me this guy is a very good technical exciting player just trust me on this you will not be disappointed with him. Trust me this will not end in tears I only hope we get him.

Better not be Fernando Hierro although he's only 45 so probably a few years left in him!!!

Although it's more likely to be a player who was, earlier in his career, at a southern based English club who play in blue ;)

i think you're right, wages are the only thing stopping him joining us. if only we could stump up a bit more cash!

Anyway, this Spanish trialist can't be that good if he's already been sent away. You can name him now!

So technically proficient but no engine. Haven't we been moaning about someone like that for about a year?

I haven't seen Marrow yet so cant comment, but I'd say a good engine and plenty of mobility is what we need. Lowe can move but so could Travolta and I'm still not sure who I'd rather have in our midfield. Some fancy dan Spanish wizard is fine so long as he can cover some ground.

PV you forget we have Williamson who has a good engine & is mobile what we need is that creative spark someone who can provide the food & drink for rhodes/Best/DJ to finish off & finding someone who is creative & can cover ground is nigh on impossible usually in central midfield you have who sits & defends & another who pushes forward & makes things happen to find someone who does both is difficult as most midfielders are either one or the other & if they were available they would cost the earth & probably be playing for Barca,PSG or some other loaded foreign club

Ada why can't you have a little faith I thought JAL was bad trust me this guy is a very good technical exciting player just trust me on this you will not be disappointed with him. Trust me this will not end in tears I only hope we get him.

I remember signing of Simon Vuckcevic was shrouded in secrecy and he was just what we were looking for. Remind me again how many appearances he made before we paid him off in January.

you'll have to pardon my skepticism, I just can't help it these days.

Archived