BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

Its not the owners who is stopping Rovers spending this season.

The Football League as introduced Financial Fair Play into the league and Rovers need to get rid of high wages earners and bring in players on cheaper wages to make sure with FFP rules.

All fans need to understand these new FFP rules.

Northern Rover @Northern_Rover 40m

The Daily Mail Barry Bannan story also has some legs. As I tweeted yesterday morning, expecting PL interest in Dann. People are saying why we signing cheap freebies and slashing our wage budget, this is our new financial reality, big spending has Most of it down to Rovers not wanting to fall foul of the Football League FFP. Palace/Hull proved you can get promoted on small budget.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2377151/Blackburn-Rovers-prepare-sell-Scott-Dann-buy-Barry-Bannan.html

Dann out, Bannan in? Thought Bannan had been dismissed by Bowyer (acc to Makey11) as not being of the right character.

Looks like he has changed his mind, very glad about that tbh I think hes a cracking player. Just hope Gaz can control him!

I think hes realised the other targets weren't available and had to bite the bullet and change his mind on him. Hope it works out. The deal is picking up pace, absolute bargain as well!

Looks like he has changed his mind, very glad about that tbh I think hes a cracking player. Just hope Gaz can control him!

I think hes realised the other targets weren't available and had to bite the bullet and change his mind on him. Hope it works out. The deal is picking up pace, absolute bargain as well!

Great news and by the sound of it a deal most board members would be happy with.

I would be totally amazed if Dann , went to a Premier League club...

He is barely good enough for the league , we are in now !

I completely agree with this. I have not seen anything from Dann to suggest that he was ever good enough for the PL. Poor Positionally, awful in any kind of aerial battle, and a ball watcher.

From what I saw last season I actually thought Dann had improved. Some of that might be down to him going down a league to find his natural level, but that people so easily are willing to part with him is a little baffling to be honest. We are making a lot of changes to the squad before the season and it will take time for the team to gel. Keeping the back four intact for an extended period of time is vital to mount any serious challenge for promotion.

A lot of talk about the financial fair play rules but not seeing a lot of other teams doing what we're doing..

From what I saw last season I actually thought Dann had improved. Some of that might be down to him going down a league to find his natural level, but that people so easily are willing to part with him is a little baffling to be honest. We are making a lot of changes to the squad before the season and it will take time for the team to gel. Keeping the back four intact for an extended period of time is vital to mount any serious challenge for promotion.

A lot of talk about the financial fair play rules but not seeing a lot of other teams doing what we're doing..

This is my view as well. Dann aint the best defender around, but i think we should not be too hasty to get rid of him unless he really wants out. If we are consistent in our selection, then things will improve, this goes for the rest of the team as well. We cannot change the starting 11 week in and week out, as we will struggle to get going

Nedelev is a cracking player. Scored a great goal last week for Botev Plovdiv vs the big side Levski in the Bulgarian Premier League(it starts early to have a Winter break).

Dribbled round 4 players and cut it in.

Have we taken our interest any further?

I think when givet goes we will sign songo and if dann goes we will get Ian Evatt. Personally I'd be happy with that as dann is massively overrated and on big money. Killgalon and Hanley would be my starting 2 center halfs with Evatt and songo as back up who would both be on small wages.

Is Dann our captain for this season? Has it been decided yet

Do we have anyone else who remotely resembles a leader? I don't think we do come to think of it. Amazing really. The quicker we edge towards opening day the more concerned I become.

We lack leadership and a backbone, two fairly important attributes to any football team, particularly in a league whereby games often turn into a good old battle

A lot of teams in the Championship are the same as us, it seems that teams are trying to ship players out before the buy.

It's off again according to Nicko. i can't keep up. wink.png

It's off again according to Nicko. i can't keep up. wink.png

He says there never was a deal but I think he's playing a guessing game there. If it doesn't happen, like most of our targets, he looks like a know it all.

Do we have anyone else who remotely resembles a leader? I don't think we do come to think of it. Amazing really. The quicker we edge towards opening day the more concerned I become.

We lack leadership and a backbone, two fairly important attributes to any football team, particularly in a league whereby games often turn into a good old battle

I'd give the armband to Hanley now tbh!!

I remember signing of Simon Vuckcevic was shrouded in secrecy and he was just what we were looking for. Remind me again how many appearances he made before we paid him off in January.

you'll have to pardon my skepticism, I just can't help it these days.

A minor point, but from what I was told, we didn't pay Vukcevic anything when he left because his religious sensibilities prevented him from accepting a pay off.

Anyway, back on topic.....

Archived