BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

If i am to guess I think AS Villa want rid we might have a fee agreed, but is has brøken down on personal terms.

Nicko has upgraded from not happening to unlikely.

"and Lowey’s Lowey – he’s magnificent for us with his energy" sounds like he will be the first choice central midfield partner for whoever else we sign.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicko has upgraded from not happening to unlikely.

"and Lowey’s Lowey – he’s magnificent for us with his energy" sounds like he will be the first choice central midfield partner for whoever else we sign.

He can be a little headless, gives ball away now and then and isnt particularly creative - but you can tell why he is liked by Rovers and England u21, his energy. He works his ass off, he is fast and he can play one or two other positions.

Personally - I hate people jumping on the guys back - he aint the finished article but he could turn out to be a real beast in midfield in a few years... Alas, he's no Keith Andrews

He can be a little headless, gives ball away now and then and isnt particularly creative - but you can tell why he is liked by Rovers and England u21, his energy. He works his ass off, he is fast and he can play one or two other positions.

Personally - I hate people jumping on the guys back - he aint the finished article but he could turn out to be a real beast in midfield in a few years... Alas, he's no Keith Andrews

I agree with that. Yes he lacks quality on the ball but he gives it 100% everytime he plays and he's still a young lad who can develope. Will never be a world beater but good to have people like Lowe in the squad

• Backroom

Lowey, Kingy and Judger - he's still not speaking like a manager but hopefully that comes in time and the Keanesque matey traits wear off.

Midfield simply has to be sorted and IMO before the derby game

Lowey, Kingy and Judger - he's still not speaking like a manager but hopefully that comes in time and the Keanesque matey traits wear off.

Midfield simply has to be sorted and IMO before the derby game

Lowey, Kingy and Judger sound like Beano characters.

Very worried about Bowyer's comments about Lowe in the LT today, he actually seems to rate the atrocious Lowe in CM. Decent full back, certainly not a midfielder.

Also worried about his comments re: Rhodes partner. Sick note Campbell, the unimpressive Best and even the useless (imo) King get a mention, no mention of Rochina who should be the shoe in option in my view.

The thing is by the time you're in the youth team, you should at least be able to distribute the ball to a reasonable level,

can't see that improving much at his age now.

Although you have to admire his effort, not good enough for this level unless I'm wrong about above.

Very worried about Bowyer's comments about Lowe in the LT today, he actually seems to rate the atrocious Lowe in CM. Decent full back, certainly not a midfielder.

Also worried about his comments re: Rhodes partner. Sick note Campbell, the unimpressive Best and even the useless (imo) King get a mention, no mention of Rochina who should be the shoe in option in my view.

Probably trying to build Lowe's confidence a little, I think he needs it.

Best suffered a serious injury only a year ago and might still need some time to find his form. A serious injury like that can take up to a year to heal physically and another year for the player to heal mentally and trust his body to play the way it used to.

I don't think it's about people jumping on his back, I've never heard any booing. I think people are just saying what they see, people always say 'regardless of age, if you're good enough, you're good enough'...

He just plainly isn't.

After reading the articles on Merida he doesn't float my boat , Bannan's a good player but sounds like he may have some baggage and the Bulgarian sounds promising but could just be too risky for us , but i am glad GB has identified midfield is a major issue and is keen to rectify it

Lowe is not a creator, he is box to box, hard working, breaker up of play. The average fan doesn't have the eye to notice this - they rate every single player in the assist and goals category, and I'm afraid your falling into that box Revidge.

I bet your a wheeze on a night out. I find it hard to believe you would rate King as useless. We may not have top international players in our midst anymore, but that doesn't make players useless. As for Rochina, (I like the guy but..) I find it funny how you can give him credit when you take into account his willingness to leave in a January and the extra 5 touches he needs every time he gets the ball. You can guarantee you will get more from King and Best on a mid winter trip to Huish park.

And certainly your knowledge and understanding of a player must rank above Mark Hughes, (who gave Lowe his debut) Big Sam, Ste "oooh Jason" Kean (I'd probably give you that one) and many others including England youth selectors. He's not the finished article, but I'd sooner have Jason in the centre than Dickson "30k a week" Etuhu. We are no longer in a position to attract the likes of Tugay, Jermaine Jones etc - we've sold Nzonzi and we certainly wont be getting any freebie international captains like Mokeona and Nelsen this summer.

Adjust your opinion accordingly. Jason would be an asset to every team in the division, and he is also from the North West so we should be championing a "local" lad. He has improving to do, but that wont happen sat on the bench watching.

The thing is by the time you're in the youth team, you should at least be able to distribute the ball to a reasonable level,

can't see that improving much at his age now.

Again - his passing can go awry but his general defensive midfield work is up to the standard of this league. We both know he needs someone next to him who can dictate tempo of play - so don't hold that aspect against Jason. He is certainly no Tugay, but who is?

I

don't think it's about people jumping on his back, I've never heard any

booing. I think people are just saying what they see, people always say

'regardless of age, if you're good enough, you're good enough'...

He just plainly isn't.

I certainly think he adds to the squad - depth if anything. To simply write of a player like that is moronic.

TODOR NEDELEV...... In Action today .. Intrresting to see who turns up but by every game more and more clubs are joking the chase ..

Ideal player IMHO to add the attacking threat...Leeds and a host of Turkish clubs in for him...his club have raised his buy out clause from

500k to 1 million ... Still very reasonable

Hope GB is in for him....

I'm not sure X. Alonso is even worth a trial. Why fly him over from Madrid if we aren't 100% sure he's up to it? I think we would be better joining the chase for a midfielder we know is available and established. Danny Murphy.

Lowe is not a creator, he is box to box, hard working, breaker up of play. The average fan doesn't have the eye to notice this - they rate every single player in the assist and goals category, and I'm afraid your falling into that box Revidge.

You're entitled to your opinion as I am to mine but I completely disagree.

Lowe runs about a lot but can't effectively "break up play" as you put it, tackle, pass, go past a man, shoot or head the ball. Apart from that he's all right as George Best might have said.

As for King, he might be a Norwegian international but in a Rovers shirt he has shown nothing whatsoever imo. He is capable of bursts of raw pace but there is no end product whatsoever to his play.

• Moderation Lead

To be fair, he's hardly going to say he's guff in public is he?

I think Bowyer's comment of 'he's magnificent for us with his energy' shows that he can see Lowe tries hard.....

To be fair, he's hardly going to say he's guff in public is he?

I think Bowyer's comment of 'he's magnificent for us with his energy' shows that he can see Lowe tries hard.....

Fair comment.

GB was so fulsome of his praise for Lowe with these comments I was taking it as an indication that he would be a guaranteed starter.

Lowe is not a playmaking midfielder, he is a young defensive midfielder. The problem is we don't have a midfielder who can control the midfield with good accurate progressive passing. Williamson looks more and more like a crock, so the defensive role is likely to be between Marrow and Lowe if we can sign a midfielder. Lets see how Lowe performs in a settled team before we right him off. He is going to have a battle getting in the team anyway if Marrow keeps showing the improvement he has in pre season. I would want to keep Lowe in the squad.

Lowe isn't the real issue for me, its whether we can sign a midfielder - missed out on Murphy, Spearing doesn't seem to want to come........it seems to be one of the hardest and most expensive positions in a team to find quality players for. Who in the current team can play that role?

Archived