BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

Well the Venkys haven't had any publicity for a while.

Half expect this fellow to get a contract then disappear Bruno style never to be seen again. Probably just doing one of Balaji's flash Egyptian mates a favour.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

these pictures of Amer Abdul Rahman arriving in England, entering training ground and now even during a training session stink of PR stunt to me, you don't get leaked pics from a training session for any other trialist

BP5bqYhCAAAHAg1.jpgBQBikejCcAAWsHo.jpgBQCbS5TCcAA0Pdu.jpgBQCbiIwCAAAMlZa.jpg

www.Bad news pics.com

I don't mind managers using nicknames...but these are @#/? nicknames! Lowey? Surely it'd be easier to say Lowe or come up with something more imaginative like Duracell if he thinks he has bags of energy. The same for judger and kingy? I mean kingy? Is that real or did someone make that up on here and it's gone straight over my head?

Nicknames are fine, making @#/? nicknames just for the sake of having one is not fine.

I'm pretty sure he's roughly the same height as McEachran (Sp?) who did just fine at Boro. And both were taller than Leon Brittan when he played in this league.

It's not just a height concern, it's apparent the player has an attitude problem, villa fans just don't rate him, as said previously I think he would not be an improvement on formica. Oh n I compare him in with formica as they are both playermakers.

The lad is just that - a lad. What young lad with a loaded bank account wouldn't fancy strutting it out on the town. Like everyone else in the world, it usually takes a big shock to realise you're not indestructible. Maybe Villa bombing him out might be the jolt to sort him out. I know this doesn't always play out and the examples of Cadamatari (sp), Johnson and others prove this. But I'd bet there are plenty of other cases of young players turning it around after going off the rails. We just don't hear all about them.

Size doesn't matter if you have the quality. I remember herald goulon being a big wardobe & having the technical ability of one aswell.

even better when you got both ;) ask the Mrs

somebody once said a good big 'un is always better than a good little 'un .... sounds like an Allardyce quote doesnt it..... probably was

It's not just a height concern, it's apparent the player has an attitude problem, villa fans just don't rate him, as said previously I think he would not be an improvement on formica. Oh n I compare him in with formica as they are both playermakers.

Formica plays off the front one/two but Bannan is more of a deep-lying playmaker. Well he plays further back at least, but that seems to be his best position. I know they don't rate him now but most of them certainly used to. He's still got the potential and just like PV says, his move here might sort his head out a bit or he'll work out that he might end up in a division lower than us.

We need CMs who can pass the ball and retain possession so I'd still like to see us go for him.

Formica plays off the front one/two but Bannan is more of a deep-lying playmaker. Well he plays further back at least, but that seems to be his best position. I know they don't rate him now but most of them certainly used to. He's still got the potential and just like PV says, his move here might sort his head out a bit or he'll work out that he might end up in a division lower than us.

We need CMs who can pass the ball and retain possession so I'd still like to see us go for him.

So who will be the next central midfielder to be discussed come next week.

these pictures of Amer Abdul Rahman arriving in England, entering training ground and now even during a training session stink of PR stunt to me, you don't get leaked pics from a training session for any other trialist

BP5bqYhCAAAHAg1.jpgBQBikejCcAAWsHo.jpgBQCbS5TCcAA0Pdu.jpgBQCbiIwCAAAMlZa.jpg

TJ you do sometimes get pics on rovers official site of pre-season training sometimes of trialists.

Anyone who puts any faith in a Nixon story needs to remember he said Venkys would be pumping in I think it was 50 million? just for transfers :lol: :lol:

The mans a chancer :tu:

Good one Gav just about obliterated that corker from my memory we should be pushing for Champs Lge qualification by now :D

I thought I would clarify my points on Lowe simply put as others have said he is no destroyer that I can say yes he has heart & puts in a shift but I am in no way saying we should offload him as a backup player I have no problem with and still think he has something to offer when players in his position are either injured suspended etc... but what I am saying is he in no way should be first choice and if we have any ambitions of getting out of this division we need better on the subject of Bannan definitely better than what we have great passer good vision if GB can control this party lifestyle of his could be a good option another player I would like to see us go for on loan possibly if the UAE/Bannan/Bulgarian fall through & would rip this division a new one is Livermore at Spurs but I think he may have many suitors & wages could prove a problem but would be deadly at this level.

I can see the Bulgarian player going to a different club and being a huge success just like so many other players we have missed out on.

I feel the same way, games on park pitches or not, that lad has talent, we should go all out for a trial.

Has he definitely been brought to the clubs attention ?

I can see the Bulgarian player going to a different club and being a huge success just like so many other players we have missed out on.

or on the other hand I can see us signing him and he just becomes the next kalinic, petrovic, vucevic......

not meaning to be cynical, that's just been our luck with signings(especially foreign signings) since Hughes left, other than Rhodes I cant think of any other signings that have 100% worked out.

I feel the same way, games on park pitches or not, that lad has talent, we should go all out for a trial.

Has he definitely been brought to the clubs attention ?

he said in the interview today that 'he currently has no intention of leaving, as where he is now is the best place for him to develop'

or on the other hand I can see us signing him and he just becomes the next kalinic, petrovic, vucevic......

not meaning to be cynical, that's just been our luck with signings(especially foreign signings) since Hughes left, other than Rhodes I cant think of any other signings that have 100% worked out.

he said in the interview today that 'he currently has no intention of leaving, as where he is now is the best place for him to develop'

I did'nt know he had done an interview, thats the end of that then.

• Backroom

But we seem to say the same about players all the time and yes the odd time they come good but for the most part they do nothing

I remember similar being said about Ivelin Popov (I think that's his name) after we neglected to sign him and he had a good game against England, he went on loan to Hull and did nothing

Carlos Villenueva and Formica are other examples who just don't seem to cut it in England

• Backroom

Yakubu?

N'Zonzi and Yak both worked out, just a shame the about some of the players that they played with.

But we seem to say the same about players all the time and yes the odd time they come good but for the most part they do nothing

I remember similar being said about Ivelin Popov (I think that's his name) after we neglected to sign him and he had a good game against England, he went on loan to Hull and did nothing

Carlos Villenueva and Formica are other examples who just don't seem to cut it in England

Ivelin Popov has actually just had a very good season in the Russian Premier League for Kuban Krasnodar. Anyway I though we wanted to sign him and everything was agreed but we could not get a work permit for him.

Archived