BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yakubu?

yep he was a good one definitely, there's probably a few more exceptions(I just cant recall them right now) but generally speaking though we haven't done well in the transfer market since Hughes(a lot more failures than successes or signings that started well then faded badly).

Hmm not that sure on Bannan, he is one of those kids who started well enough but has faded quickly, he is also not really the box to box midfield dynamo type player we need.. would rather have that Bulgarian kid (not that we have had any luck with Eastern European types) but again he isn't the type of midfielder who is key (and fits into the same position that is suited to Formica, Dunn, Rochina and Judge)

Will be very interesting to see what sort of formation GB is going to prefer, pre-season seems to be hinting at two up front but our targets seem to indicate we are looking for central attack minded midfielder players... which we already have (and has been seemingly a key approach since those muppets Venkys took over.. and to be has been one of our biggest disaster zones).

Kamy, any update on the Xabi Alonso deal?

Sorry just read this. Blackburn fans think they are getting xabi alonso? Is this the xabi alonso that plays for Spain and Real Madrid??? Surely some of you aren't believing this as if you are u need to wake up and realise your a bottom half championship team! Half the teams in the prem couldn't get him in.

Apologies if I'm getting the wrong player and this is someone else.

So who will be the next central midfielder to be discussed come next week.

What does it matter, you won't like him anyway.

I can see the Bulgarian player going to a different club and being a huge success just like so many other players we have missed out on.

Can you refresh me memory on a few of em, no names springing to mind.

Bannan last resort. Wanted Spearing and other but failed. GB not a fan of his lifestyle but left with little choice. £1m deal is good for both parties. Unless someone else pops up soon, then looking very likely this deal will go ahead.

Can't we have both? Personally I think 1M for Bannan is excellent business. I know I know, if he's that good other teams blah blah blah, no ne else wants him yada yada yada. I can't help but feel if the Alonso thing was true we'd still have naysayers. We're going up this year, I can feel it in me gut, or is it gas.

other teams aiming for promotion as well, have just made some decent signings. Think Mackie to Forest is one of them, and they Forest have done some good business as well. We are just scrapping for whatever is left at the moment, but still we lack something in the midfield, and it needs to be sorted out as soon as possible

other teams aiming for promotion as well, have just made some decent signings. Think Mackie to Forest is one of them, and they Forest have done some good business as well. We are just scrapping for whatever is left at the moment, but still we lack something in the midfield, and it needs to be sorted out as soon as possible

As i've posted above, I would be amazed if GB hasn't spoken to Todd Kane about Josh McEachran. Very creative young player. Unfortunately he's on £30k at Chelsea so we would only be able to pay a percentage, which i'm sure with the correct negotiations could easily be arranged.

It's a walk in the park this manager lark ^_^

No-ones transfer business has stood out to me tbh. There's the odd player here and there that has impressed me.

Mackie to Forest is a good signing, Perch and Holt to Wigan are good signings, Watford look like they've made some good signings. Apart from that, nothing has stood out for me.

Bolton have done nothing, Brighton have done nothing, Leicester = nothing, Reading have signed Bridge which is a good signing, QPR = nothing (yet), Leeds have signed Murphy.

Wigan have done the best business so far. We've not done too bad ourselves though.

Archived