BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

super the problem with this statement he might have heart & try his best that is not going to get you anyway near promotion & in his position when you have Williamson (when fit),Marrow & Judge ahead of him in the pecking order who are better at breaking up play & pass a lot better sentiment is all well and good but that does not make you a footballer sadly.

I'm not saying he's a world beater, but I'd prefer someone like Lowe in the squad rather than a lazy, gifted player who couldn't give a toss. That's what I mean when I say he's got heart.

He won't always make the tackle and he won't always pull off the pass, but he will do the dirty work ie. covering for players out of position, take a yellow card if the opposition are looking dangerous in a counter attack.

He's there to do the ugly job and most of the time these things go unnoticed by a lot of fans because its mainly off the ball work.

Another comparison is strikers who are labelled rubbish because they tend not to score that many goals but what goes unnoticed is that they assist and make runs to clear pockets of space by dragging defenders out of position for others to either run in to or whoever has the ball can thread the ball through for someone else.

As for him calling players by there nick names shows you his mindset not very manager like IMHO .....

Wouldn't criticise him for that Bobby Robson used to refer to his players in similar affectionate terms. He wasn't a bad manager.

I'm not saying he's a world beater, but I'd prefer someone like Lowe in the squad rather than a lazy, gifted player who couldn't give a toss. That's what I mean when I say he's got heart.

He won't always make the tackle and he won't always pull off the pass, but he will do the dirty work ie. covering for players out of position, take a yellow card if the opposition are looking dangerous in a counter attack.

He's there to do the ugly job and most of the time these things go unnoticed by a lot of fans because its mainly off the ball work.

Another comparison is strikers who are labelled rubbish because they tend not to score that many goals but what goes unnoticed is that they assist and make runs to clear pockets of space by dragging defenders out of position for others to either run in to or thread the ball through for someone else.

Perspiration alone doth not a footballer make imo. You've got to have a bit of talent in there somewhere. I understand the thinking behind having Lowe in the team trying to play a Robbie Savage type role but Lowe has none of Savage's destructive ability imo. He is to midfielders what Ashley Ward is to centre forwards in my book. No lack of effort whatsoever but ultimately completely ineffective.

Perspiration alone doth not a footballer make imo. You've got to have a bit of talent in there somewhere. I understand the thinking behind having Lowe in the team trying to play a Robbie Savage type role but Lowe has none of Savage's destructive ability imo. He is to midfielders what Ashley Ward is to centre forwards in my book. No lack of effort whatsoever but ultimately completely ineffective.

I know what you mean.

But I think teams need a destructive type of player and I think Lowe is ours.

I'm not saying he's the best at it, but he's the best we've got for that role.

And I think now that he's been identified as that type of player he can only get better at it...hopefully

If you keep saying Rochina has gone when he hasn't, and claiming Bulgarian players who appear to be playing on park pitches are the answer, then i think close-season might be quite long too.tongue.png

At least you can put me on ignore/block me if my posts are not to your taste ...

I think your season will be a lot shorter.... then you and GB can drool over Jason lowes emergy levels like they do at a battery exhibition.....

GB likes Energy does he in a player

If GB wants to come out with statements like that about Lowe then I think it's going to be a very long long season .. Shicking player ....

As for him calling players by there nick names shows you his mindset not very manager like IMHO .....

I'm not saying I know everything but the guy has represented his country at 19's, 20's and 21 level and captained the 20's! He's young, developing and needs our support!

More to the point if GB supports him it's because he is qualified to do so. Get off both their backs guys! Not one of us has played, coached or managed at that level. I for one hope Lowe plays and proves you all wrong..but the slating is unneccessary and based on poor actual evidence of his contribution to the team/squad

At least you can put me on ignore/block me if my posts are not to your taste ...

I think your season will be a lot shorter.... then you and GB can drool over Jason lowes emergy levels like they do at a battery exhibition.....

Are you not a fan of Bowyer generally, Unleaded? Or is it just his preference to go with Jason Lowe that you disapprove of?

In fairness, one of the biggest problems we had last year was a chronic lack of energy.

In that case Rev, why do you think he has already made it this far in the game and what possible explanation can there be for the player starting to forge a decent career for himself and being valued by professional managers at both club and country level? Misjudgement at all levels, by so many?

As an aside I worked in pro-football at a lower level. Even the players in that division were of the required standard and all had certain abilities that were to be admired and respected. None were perfect and all had room for improvement, but each and every one of them had some of the qualities desired to help them earn a living from the game.

It makes me laugh when paid professional players get labelled as absolutely useless by fans. Far more benefit in identifying the positives AND the negatives together when discussing players, if simply for balance.

Nicko backtracking slightly on the Bannan transfer:

"Bannan been discussed for two weeks. Maybe they are at the panic stage"

I struggle to see how Bannan would be a 'panic' signing. Probably not as good as Spearing but I think Bannan is a very good player.

you 'liked' the same post earlier, and now you're quoting it and having a go! bit weird that. I was only joking anyway in my original post. Maybe i chose the wrong Emoticon.

Not bothered at all about Lowe, think he's a good squad player and works hard, but that's about it. I just don't get the levels of animosity towards him that's all. Maybe J Lowe won't even start in midfield next season, hence why GB is trying to sign CM's. Don't let that stop you having a pop at GB before the season's even started though.

• Backroom

Liverpool fans I know rate spearing as awful, I know our standards are far apart but Bannan may be a better option for us

you 'liked' the same post earlier, and now you're quoting it and having a go! bit weird that. I was only joking anyway in my original post. Maybe i chose the wrong Emoticon.

Not bothered at all about Lowe, think he's a good squad player and works hard, but that's about it. I just don't get the levels of animosity towards him that's all. Maybe J Lowe won't even start in midfield next season, hence why GB is trying to sign CM's. Don't let that stop you having a pop at GB before the season's even started though.

I don't think there's any particular animosity towards Lowe, even his critics such as myself recognise he puts in a shift. The question simply is do we have any chance of going up if he is a regular starter in central midfield. I would say definitely not. It's all a matter of opinion but it's not personal and this season is still the best chance we are ever going to have of going up for the forseeable future given the parachute payment situation imo.

Spearing is better for this division than Bannan. Bannan is too small and lightweight, he will get brutalised. It'll be like watching Murphy again, apart from where Danny's wife used to moan on twitter, Barry will be on the lash around Blackburn instead.

Archived