BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see the stresses of the close season still kicking in.

Am not mega comfortable with using every players' nickname going - a complete overkill and looked a little unprofessional. If there was more certainty over Bowyer not being too pally and coming from the reserve team manager role it'd be less of a worry. Whilst it's not a huge thing it's not the kind of thing you want to hear.

As for the rest of the news Bowyer is spot on about Lowe - his energy is magnificent. Sadly the rest of him isn't all that great but he's a more than adequate squad player at this level. The fact that Bowyer phrased it as such and is still looking for a centre mid of quality (the implication to me being one who can make a meaningful pass) makes me optimistic that he knows what he needs in the middle of the park and has a good assessment of Lowe. Struggle to see what all the debate is about Lowe - he's not great, he's not useless, he's a useful squad player with his energy and versatility. So long as he's used in such a manner he'll be an asset to Rovers. If he's asked to do more it could get a bit tricky...

As for the rest of the news: Dann wanting out is excellent. I'll drive him wherever he wants to go - completely overrated imo and maybe we can get a much tougher cb in. Disappointed to hear that Rochina may go. Frustrating as he is his potential is huge and should be worth persevering with. Also think he's adds much more to the team than DJ in terms of creativity and is a very different player to Rhodes - in short a much better option to lead the line with Rhodes.

Not 100% sure that King and Best are the quality back up needed. Bit worried if Bowyer thinks we can get by with a striking 4 of King, Rhodes, Campbell and Best. Best has a lot to prove, DJ is similar to Rhodes and striker is not King's natural position. (Plus don't we need King out wide because we don't have masses of wingers?) Ideally another striker would come in who has some physical presence, but since it's not even in the rumour mill I'm guessing we're stuck with what we have.

Also would love us to do the revolutionary move of signing someone who is actually a left back!!! Will be glad when the season starts and we can worry about performances instead of the squad balance.

Do you have Scottish connections Makey? I only ask cos you were bob on with the Goodwillie transfer too.

Nope. Must just be a coincidence that you've seen my posts about them 2.

Although I once tried haggis if that counts?

Nicko backtracking slightly on the Bannan transfer:

"Bannan been discussed for two weeks. Maybe they are at the panic stage"

I struggle to see how Bannan would be a 'panic' signing. Probably not as good as Spearing but I think Bannan is a very good player.

Hes backtracking because he doesn't have a clue. His connections to the club have gone now.

I don't think there's any particular animosity towards Lowe, even his critics such as myself recognise he puts in a shift. The question simply is do we have any chance of going up if he is a regular starter in central midfield. I would say definitely not. It's all a matter of opinion but it's not personal and this season is still the best chance we are ever going to have of going up for the forseeable future given the parachute payment situation imo.

All work and no play, seems apt.

What do you know about employing managers then? Give me a break mate you don't have a clue!

And you do... There's no point in having fans or this forum if you can't express opinions .

I'd say 9 out of 10 on here don't employ managers . Do you mate?

Liverpool fans I know rate spearing as awful, I know our standards are far apart but Bannan may be a better option for us

Maybe worth remembering how bloody awful Bolton were away from home last season.

Although he was their player of the season and they missed out on the play-offs when he was injured for the last 4 games,

of which they only won 1. - I think.

I'm not saying I know everything but the guy has represented his country at 19's, 20's and 21 level and captained the 20's! He's young, developing and needs our support!

More to the point if GB supports him it's because he is qualified to do so. Get off both their backs guys! Not one of us has played, coached or managed at that level. I for one hope Lowe plays and proves you all wrong..but the slating is unneccessary and based on poor actual evidence of his contribution to the team/squad

Why come on here if you don't want others expressing opinions?

Just because "we" haven't managed doesn't mean we can't have opinions . It's what footy is about ?

I'm not saying I know everything but the guy has represented his country at 19's, 20's and 21 level and captained the 20's! He's young, developing and needs our support!

More to the point if GB supports him it's because he is qualified to do so. Get off both their backs guys! Not one of us has played, coached or managed at that level. I for one hope Lowe plays and proves you all wrong..but the slating is unneccessary and based on poor actual evidence of his contribution to the team/squad

Why come on here if you don't want others expressing opinions?

Just because "we" haven't managed doesn't mean we can't have opinions . It's what footy is about ?

I will be extremely concerned if we have not at the very least added a central midfielder to the squad before next Sunday. I just cannot see how a midfield of Lowe, Judge and Marrow is going to get us anywhere next season. I feel we need players with experience of playing in England.

Not so popular on this AVFC forum thread is poor old Barry.

http://www.avfcforums.com/topic/14083-barry-bannan/

Sound a lovely lot those Villa fans don't they. :rock:

They are a forgiving lot, make our fans semm almost angelic. This was my particluar 'favourite':-

Beat him to death, stick him in a smashed up car, leave a deep-fried pizza and empty bottle of Bells in the footwell and, hey presto, no more Holyrood passes to no one. Or that could be taking it too far.

They are a forgiving lot, make our fans semm almost angelic. This was my particluar 'favourite':-

Beat him to death, stick him in a smashed up car, leave a deep-fried pizza and empty bottle of Bells in the footwell and, hey presto, no more Holyrood passes to no one. Or that could be taking it too far.

I must be honest here, I wished for similar things to happen to Kean and 1 or 2 of his cohorts.

In fact I had a dream that he got behind the wheel of his car one night, whilst he was banned, to go to the Offy for a top-up

and he ended up taking the corner a bit too quickly, which resulted in him driving into the front window of the shop, with 20 odd

teenagers looking on and taking pictures on their phones. Nobody was hurt but the wee Stevie ends up in Barlinie Prison with

the Rangers fans.

At least you can put me on ignore/block me if my posts are not to your taste ...

I think your season will be a lot shorter.... then you and GB can drool over Jason lowes emergy levels like they do at a battery exhibition.....

GB likes Energy does he in a player

Sorry, but it sounds like you might be coming down with ITK fever(it gets them all sooner or later)

I must be honest here, I wished for similar things to happen to Kean and 1 or 2 of his cohorts.

In fact I had a dream that he got behind the wheel of his car one night, whilst he was banned, to go to the Offy for a top-up

and he ended up taking the corner a bit too quickly, which resulted in him driving into the front window of the shop, with 20 odd

teenagers looking on and taking pictures on their phones. Nobody was hurt but the wee Stevie end up in Barlinie Prison with

the Rangers fans.

Haha, he was even haunting your sleep. Thank god he's gone, he would have sent us all mental eventually.

Good to see Sky continuing to get exclusives for their website:-
Sky Sports understands Ian Evatt is training with Blackburn Rovers. The defender missed nine months of last season with Blackpool due to a knee injury but is now fit again and is raring to prove himself ahead of the new season.

by Peter Fraser 5:59 PM

I have no problem at all with the nickname thing. What's the big deal. Ego? Does a manager have to be aloof? Did Souness not use Duffers time and again, did Hughes not use Nellie time and again. Jeez some folks div really deep to have a pop. Lowe, I enjoy his work rate, craft and guile he has not but every team needs a work horse. I've liked Bannan when I've seen him play.

Givet is back apparently. Couldn't agree personal terms (I.e. they wouldn't pay him enough).

where this from???

Bannan would be good signing.

we need a replacement for Dann which I think would be Songo'o if Givet is staying and Dann is leaving.

we still need a left back. what about a loan bid for Liverpool's Jack Robinson?

Archived