BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

I know this is off topic but it seems we may see another land mark case similar to the Bosman ruling happening before too long, with regards to FFP. I am pasting an extract from an article on FFP.

Striani opens second front on legal challenge to UEFAs break-even rule

20 June 2013 - Belgian player agent Daniel Striani is continuing his challenge of UEFAs Financial Fair Play rule today by launching a legal action in the Court of First Instance in Brussels. The process will ask the Court to judge on alleged infringements of both EU competition law and the right to free movement (of workers, services and capital).

This latest legal challenge follows a complaint Striani lodged with the European Commission in May against UEFAs Financial Fair Play which argued that the "Break-even rule" (the obligation for financial equilibrium) was in contravention to fundamental principles of EU competition law. That process is ongoing and the Commission is expected to rule in 2014.

Strianis legal team is led by Jean-Louis Dupont, the Belgian sports competition lawyer, who was part of the legal team that secured the Bosman ruling on player contracts in 1995. He also led the Meca-Medina case and, for G-14, the Charleroi case.

Since UEFAs rule affects all football clubs, players and staff within the European Union, Striani is arguing that the Court of First Instance of Brussels seeks from the European Union Court of Justice a preliminary ruling on its compatibility with EU law (specifically free movement of workers, services, capital, and free competition).

Strianis case argues that the UEFA rule is illegal under EU law because it is a disproportionate response and that there are more effective alternatives such as allowing over-spending if fully guaranteed; establish a "luxury tax"; or change the model of revenue sharing with regards to the UEFA club competitions.

This latest legal process is supported by a growing body of economic and legal opinion which argues that the UEFA rule is ineffective, illegal and disproportionate given alternative measures available.

That is a very good find. I know from my experience with EU law that if he is succesful (which I think he will be) then the FFP will be on its ass.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a very good find. I know from my experience with EU law that if he is succesful (which I think he will be) then the FFP will be on its ass.

And Platini will be made to look the prick that he is. Hopefully.

I hope greedy agents don't end up scuppering Bannan to Rovers. Can't say anymore other than hope a deal can be reached.

Don't like the sound of Kamy's tweet but at least the delay is not because he doesn't want to come to Rovers. Surely a way of agreeing agent fees. Must get this signing done.

Makey11 said the same earlier in this thread. Is it Bannan's agent asking for too big a wage for his client, or too big a fee for himself?

Woah woah woah. I've been responding to comments about the effect of FFP stopping Venkys from fixing their mistakes, and I think I've covered the poin about our lossest.

The question is why are they covering the losses to keep a mid to bottom Championship team in business?

I've not had a satisfactory answer yet.

And the fact they could realise this at any point scares the heck out of me.

They may have begun to realize on Saturday when they sat in a virtually empty stadium, apart from 6,000 Evertonians.

For what was supposed to be a prestige friendly, and was probably sold to them as that, by the man who arranged it.

Makey11 said the same earlier in this thread. Is it Bannan's agent asking for too big a wage for his client, or too big a fee for himself?

I'm guessing both :blink:

As for Bowyer (telegraph) - he seems to be making contingency plans in case we get offers we can't refuse - suspect Dann, Rochina and Rhodes as they are the only viable alternatives if we are to bring in a little money and reduce the wage bill (we can't even GIVE the others away... :wacko: ) Also have a sneaky feeling that if Jake Kean starts the season well we may get a bid for him :(

Too big a fee for himself. Bannan happy to come.

Bannan should tell his agent to Kean right off then.

Dunno how reliable the guy is but ive been informed that we are interested in tommy rowe from peterboro dunno much about the guy but from what i gather he is a midfielder isnt he?

aye, CM i think. he's been linked with other Championship clubs this summer but can't remember who.

apparently a winger. on the transfer list as he won't sign a new contract. Leeds were the club linked with him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23081590

Another winger? So thats potentially Judge, Taylor, King, Pedersen, Nunes, Formica and now this chump? Christ on a bike! Someone should tell Gary there are only two wings on a football pitch

Another winger? So thats potentially Judge, Taylor, King, Pedersen, Nunes, Formica and now this chump? Christ on a bike! Someone should tell Gary there are only two wings on a football pitch

On the BBC article it says he is a left back?

Probably just a rumour anyway, apparently when Leeds enquired about him, Barry Fry said ' you can't afford him '

can play left back as well. we're probably not even interested!

Left wing/midfield is a strange one. King is a bit useless, Nunes doesn't seem to be part of GB's plans, Nor does MGP. Formica will be off as soon as they can sell him. Olsson MK2 isn't good enough. Which leaves Judge & Taylor, neither of whom seem to be naturally left sided players. Problem for Bowyer is there are so many players in the squad that he didn't sign, and might not rate, that it's going to take a while to get rid of them.

aye, CM i think. he's been linked with other Championship clubs this summer but can't remember who.

Guess? only I club this season who have been stalking Rovers...... Leeds!

Good player Rowe ... Boro would want a lot seeing they've ripped off Palace and liked the taste of ripping somebody off.....

Guess? only I club this season who have been stalking Rovers...... Leeds!

Good player Rowe ... Boro would want a lot seeing they've ripped off Palace and liked the taste of ripping somebody off.....

If we are interested, which is doubtful, I bet Barry Fry and the Irish owner will be rubbing their hands thinking they can rip-off Venky's,

I'm afraid they'll have another think coming this season, Shebbys' not around anymore.

Archived