BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

So looks like we're trying to shift Formica, givet, rosado and Robinson to fund moves for bannan, evat, songo and a forward. That would be good business if bowyer could pull it off.

I agree and to be honest the players they are obviously looking to off load are highly paid bench warmers so what's the issue??

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you go to games? You're not allowed an opinion otherwise.

Supporters support their team not criticise from afar. Unless of course they are limited by geography.

Evatt signing for chesterfield now so that deal is off

Says it all about the lads capabilities if Blackpool didnt want him and he ended up at Chesterfield. Theres a little cause for concern about the quality of the recruits coming into Rovers right now.

According to Lancashire Telegraph, they have problems agreeing personal terms with him. We did agree a fee with Aston Villa, though, so that's a relief. I guess the holdup now is possibly the wages, or something else. Gary Bowyer is hopeful that we will be able to agree something with him, so we live in hope.

Songo'o (is that how his name is spelled?) is joining us after a successful trial, Givet's move to Livorno (sorry for the wrong spelling) fell through, and we're looking to strengthen left back and a forward.

Being in for another forward? With this in mind, I'm gutted we didn't get Mackie. They really do need to get a wriggle on with this deadwood.

Nowt to do with FFP it's down to VENKYSCUM raping the arse out of us.

They must be having a good laugh at being able to throw out the FFP card, to justify not spending a penny on Rovers. How very convenient.

Says it all about the lads capabilities if Blackpool didnt want him and he ended up at Chesterfield. Theres a little cause for concern about the quality of the recruits coming into Rovers right now.

Evatt's ability was never really in question, easily good enough for back up in this league. His problem was his injury record.

Evatt's ability was never really in question, easily good enough for back up in this league. His problem was his injury record.

I agree he is easily championship standard. The reason for the move to chesterfield is for family reasons I believe and not due to ability. I'm pritty confident he could have good a championship / league one club

Venky's have been getting rid of the high earners for two and a half years now. They weren't forced into anything. All the FFP rules are doing, is giving them license to get any remaining quality player out of the club. They'll love it, it's what they always intended. Champions league in five years n all that.

If it was only true. The problem is that Shebby transfers last year added massive wages through Murphy, Etuhu, Best, Gomes and Rhodes. I think it makes them incompetent rather than evil.

They must be having a good laugh at being able to throw out the FFP card, to justify not spending a penny on Rovers. How very convenient.

Mmm thats what i thought when i asked the question earlier on, very convenient, yet Watford sign what 10 payers or so, must be on peanuts NOT

Abbey

There are no such things as Venky-lovers or forgivers. Any true fan will never forget the mess that they caused, and none of us have forgiven them for that - considering we are still on the slide because of them.

But in essence we are ROVERS-lovers who want the club to succeed. Abbey, your staring down the barrel of a gun, do you moan and whine at fate or do you assess the situation with the best intentions?

I apologise for insulting you if your upset about it, but essentially you add nothing to the discussion. You merely infuriate and stress out people who are trying to keep up with the day to day rumblings in the background of the club. Thankfully these rumblings seem to have diminished somewhat.

It's a free country, and you are welcome to carry on with the same schtick. That goes for anyone with that same blinkered view. The importance being that i'd rather still be a Rovers-lover than spending all my energy and time hating on a moronic family in India.

Mmm thats what i thought when i asked the question earlier on, very convenient, yet Watford sign what 10 payers or so, must be on peanuts NOT

FFP starts 2014/15

There's simply no way I can see us being able to comply with the FFP regulations. We'll have to be 'creative' with it just like Watford have been.

Venky's stadium sponsorship, anyone?

I imagine that something like that will be done in order to get around FFP.

Unfortunately, if nothing like that can be done, all FFP will ensure is that the big clubs eventually rise to the top and smaller clubs like us stay lower down.

If it was only true. The problem is that Shebby transfers last year added massive wages through Murphy, Etuhu, Best, Gomes and Rhodes. I think it makes them incompetent rather than evil.

You don't believe that Venky's have rid the club of top PL players because of wages? Absolutely they have. Ask Salgado.

I agree he is easily championship standard. The reason for the move to chesterfield is for family reasons I believe and not due to ability. I'm pritty confident he could have good a championship / league one club

We need better than championship standard to get out of this division.

Championship standard and you'll be sitting all alone in an empty stadium come match days.

I imagine that something like that will be done in order to get around FFP.

Unfortunately, if nothing like that can be done, all FFP will ensure is that the big clubs eventually rise to the top and smaller clubs like us stay lower down.

On the face of it, FFP does look unfair as clubs with bigger revenue streams will be more successful than clubs with smaller revenue streams. However, I belive that the FFP is to stop clubs borrowing lots of money and doing a Pompey or Leeds.

I don't, however, think it is a system to try and stop owners 'gifting' their clubs money (i.e. funding through their own money rather than debt).

Rovers' business model at the moment is horrific so regardless of FFP rules or not we simply need to cut the wage bill. We have huge earners who don't offer anything to the first team. Robbo, Givet, Formica, Orr etc etc are sitting on big wages but don't play which, obviously, is not a good business model.

I don't mind players like Rhodes earning big money as they contribute massively to the team.

That said, however, it is unfair to pin everything on the Venkys. Financial Fair Play will be in force within the next couple of years...

To be honest I'm getting sick and tired (and more and more frustrated) by the FFP defence.

But first, it is not only fair but it is right and proper to blame everything on Venkys. They are 100% the reason that we are in this mess. It matters not if it was deliberate or accidental they and they alone are responsibly for our current situation.

Second, FFP is designed to stop clubs' owners from spending beyond their means and mortgaging their club to the point of destruction. E.g. Pompey.

What is stopping any owner from sponsoring the team bus for £10m? Or putting Venkys logos in the urinals for £20m? Nothing. It's a unique selling point for anyone to be associated with Blackburn Rovers so if we held out for £50m or £10m or £2m from RFS to sponsor the shirts, who can say we aren't allowed to do a deal.

No, no. This issue with FFP is that Venkys cannot 'lend' the club any money beyond what is realistic for it to payback. I would therefore expect Bolton to fall foul of this long before we do.

If Venkys are not allowed to put money into the club then where is the money going to come from to cover our future monthly losses? Because unless we bring in low wage league one players whilst stringing fans along with talk of near misses on better (and more highly paid) players, this will still be considerable (oh wait!).

If they wanted to, they could donate the funds to fix what they have destroyed. The fact that they don't appear up for it is pretty damning. It even suggests that the money provided to date has been loaned to us? If it weren't then why isn't it business as usual?

If Venkys are setting about making us 'wash our own face' (something if we couldn't do on PL income then how the hell are we going to do it in the Championship) then we really are heading for oblivion.

Unless they do intend to cover much smaller losses by reducing the wage bill, and making up the difference.

Which begs the question - what's in it for them to do that?

At least we aren't Portsmouth, but even that is of little consolation.

Yet.

You don't believe that Venky's have rid the club of top PL players because of wages? Absolutely they have. Ask Salgado.

That was not what I said. I just pointed out that Venky has not been consistent in getting rid of high earners. After the PL disaster (Kean, Jerome A, etc etc, ), a lot of money was spent on wages and transfer fees last year. So it appears to me they are more incompetent than evil.

If it was true that Salgado was axed because another game would trigger a new year on his 60k a week contract, I would probably agree with that decision. Loved the guy but in his last year his legs were gone, how could you sponsor 3 mill pound on another year?

Archived