BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's scary really, as I've said before, in this league midfield is paramount, okay it's important anyway but in this league it's vital. Every team that is succesful in this league, are so through their midfield ability. Most team conceed for fun, and most teams who go up arent heavily reliant on a striker. It's the midfield area that gives you success in this league. Our midfield is bottom 5 material. Need we say more.

another untried championship player, while at game yesterday the one thing i noticed is we lack creativity and no speed, we got plenty of hard work and passion, there no doubting there playing for manager, were missing that speed on the flanks to beat a player and supply the crosses that rhodes can feed of, were couple of players of being a playoff chasing team rather than mid table

Where have you been for the last 3 years.....we have been handing out these types of deals for mediocrity for ages now.

For mediocrity and unknown foreigners with dodgy agents in even dodgier deals yes. But a championship clodhopper like Orr getting such a cushy deal. Even for us that surprises me. I mean there's no he came through barca's ranks or he's the next Batistuta or he's a premiership level player. We let Salgado go cause we were paying too much and put a replacement who's not fit to wipe his boots on a contract that seems equally crippling.

I understand Unleaded has been spot on in the past but lately he's been a little off the mark as we haven't gone after anyone he's tweeted about and Rochina hasn't left like he was certain about.

This guy was also wanted by Leeds, this has happened with most of our targets. Strange.

Paul hunt connection?

I understand Unleaded has been spot on in the past but lately he's been a little off the mark as we haven't gone after anyone he's tweeted about and Rochina hasn't left like he was certain about.

Agree, he was spot on with a couple of things last month, but now as usual with ITKers the attention has gone to his head a little and he's just shouting out every bit of tittle tattle that comes his way, but it gives us something to talk about I suppose, so I am grateful(to an extent)

• Backroom

Paul hunt connection?

Agree, he was spot on with a couple of things last month, but now as usual with ITKers the attention has gone to his head a little and he's just shouting out every bit of tittle tattle that comes his way, but it gives us something to talk about I suppose, so I am grateful(to an extent)

He's been accurate for years just because you haven't seen that doesn't mean it isn't the case, why would it go to his head now?

Wasn't he the one that mentioned about Devarn Green signing and the UAE coming who has since rocked up for a trial?

Guest Norbert

If this Aussie guy is any good, I hope we get him. However, I'd be more comfortable with signing a few players we know we can rely on in this division. Whilst not condemning Judge, Marrow etc. you do need to balance these with 1 or 2 players that you know can do a good job like Jay Tabb, Leadbitter etc.

He's been accurate for years just because you haven't seen that doesn't mean it isn't the case, why would it go to his head now?

Wasn't he the one that mentioned about Devarn Green signing and the UAE coming who has since rocked up for a trial?

as I said he's been spot on in the past, Its the wording of his tweets that are misleading as they make out that we are trying to sign the players when actually their just trialists(which are 10 a penny this time of year), His posts on here are usually far more accurate, its his tweets that are a little exaggerated(I don't know how long he's been on twitter with that anonymous itk account, but it is a bit dubious)

another untried championship player, while at game yesterday the one thing i noticed is we lack creativity and no speed, we got plenty of hard work and passion, there no doubting there playing for manager, were missing that speed on the flanks to beat a player and supply the crosses that rhodes can feed of, were couple of players of being a playoff chasing team rather than mid table

I get what you mean mate, although I think we have some creativity in attacking midfield we lack players who have the ability to play on the wings or the vision to move into wide areas (In a way not a surprise as Bowyer seems to prefer a 4-2-3-1) which to me is a little worrying as we play very narrow, our key player thrives on crosses into the box (imo plays better with wingers) and I think we are looking all to predictable in our formations. For me Taylor/MGP are more right/left midfield players, King/Olsson can't cross, Rochina/Judge/Formica are all more central attacking midfielder/forward players with only Nunes seemingly able to play out wide.

Can't have a go at Unleaded on this one, our problem at this moment in time (and has been for a few seasons now) is the senior management, I believe at this stage Bowyer must be tearing his hair out we can't get rid of players nor can we sign any targets. But what do we expect, our owners distrust agents, our reputation is shot to hell and our board consists of finance director working down her notice period (confirmed in the Independent recently) and that buffoon shelf salesman Shaw.

So Unleaded naming some targets isn't an issue GB and his team plus our scouts may want these lads in but they are not the ones tasked with making the approaches and signing the players. You only need look at how we have now handled the more public moves like shifting Givet and signing Spearing/Bannan/Murphy.

And as for Rochina I doubt Bowyer wants him to leave especially without a replacement.

as I said he's been spot on in the past, Its the wording of his tweets that are misleading as they make out that we are trying to sign the players when actually their just trialists(which are 10 a penny this time of year), His posts on here are usually far more accurate, its his tweets that are a little exaggerated(I don't know how long he's been on twitter with that anonymous itk account, but it is a bit dubious)

Ok-but go back and read what you wrote about Unleaded!

Is it true that Bannan has trained with the senior squad today and is very close to signing. It's on the championship twitter page.

@Transfer_News24: Blackburn are interested in Udinese midfielder Abdou Sissoko. #brfc

Just the type of midfielder we are looking for.

Bowyer is unhappy at Rovers for stalling on a deal for Bannan cos Rovers don't want to match his 15k a week wages that's he on at Villa.

Bowyer wants Bolton's striker Craig Davies for 500k and get rid of Orr aswell. Orr is on 1 million pounds salary. he is one of several big earners who will be moved out of Gary Bowyer's side.

Both stories are in Today's Sunday People.

Orr on a million pounds, thats criminal conning Rovers.

Why on earth would Bannan be allowed to train with our squad BEFORE signing?

Not sure if this is the right thread to put this in but was speaking to someone last night who was apparently speaking to a Club source last week. Take it or leave it as you wish but apparently according to the Club source, Rochina and Formica want to leave and will be leaving and we also tried to sign Kevin Davies but Davies did not want to come back here.

Would be gutted If Rochina is allowed to leave. The team should be being built around him and Rhodes. Formica less so.

Archived