BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this is off topic but it seems we may see another land mark case similar to the Bosman ruling happening before too long, with regards to FFP. I am pasting an extract from an article on FFP.

Striani opens second front on legal challenge to UEFA’s break-even rule

20 June 2013 - Belgian player agent Daniel Striani is continuing his challenge of UEFA’s Financial Fair Play rule today by launching a legal action in the Court of First Instance in Brussels. The process will ask the Court to judge on alleged infringements of both EU competition law and the right to free movement (of workers, services and capital).

This latest legal challenge follows a complaint Striani lodged with the European Commission in May against UEFA’s Financial Fair Play which argued that the "Break-even rule" (the obligation for financial equilibrium) was in contravention to fundamental principles of EU competition law. That process is ongoing and the Commission is expected to rule in 2014.

Striani’s legal team is led by Jean-Louis Dupont, the Belgian sports competition lawyer, who was part of the legal team that secured the Bosman ruling on player contracts in 1995. He also led the Meca-Medina case and, for G-14, the Charleroi case.

Since UEFA’s rule affects all football clubs, players and staff within the European Union, Striani is arguing that the Court of First Instance of Brussels seeks from the European Union Court of Justice a preliminary ruling on its compatibility with EU law (specifically free movement of workers, services, capital, and free competition).

Striani’s case argues that the UEFA rule is illegal under EU law because it is a disproportionate response and that there are more effective alternatives such as allowing over-spending if fully guaranteed; establish a "luxury tax"; or change the model of revenue sharing with regards to the UEFA club competitions.

This latest legal process is supported by a growing body of economic and legal opinion which argues that the UEFA rule is ineffective, illegal and disproportionate given alternative measures available.

Why, do you think it'll fall through because the player doesn't want to come?

Hope Not ... No I am just saying that it could be...,

Feel there's 3 hurdles at the moment that we have to overcome for a transfer to go through

**Agree a Price with Selling Club

**Personal Terms with player/Agent

**Manager talks about his Vision to Player

All 3 are beginning to struggle .. Usually in the past 2 out 3 usually clinched a deal but feel its a struggle with the inexperienced GB added to the other 2 points

He omes accross as very quiet and shy......

I always have to put the volume up when his interview comes on ...

The full article on fair play is here.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/

The European Community challenge may only affect the FFP across European competitions rather than internal individual country FFP as the market rules are usually enforced for cross-border competition. The EU can rule inside a member state but it's a different process if I have remembered correctly.

Hope Not ... No I am just saying that it could be...,

Feel there's 3 hurdles at the moment that we have to overcome for a transfer to go through

**Agree a Price with Selling Club

**Personal Terms with player/Agent

**Manager talks about his Vision to Player

All 3 are beginning to struggle .. Usually in the past 2 out 3 usually clinched a deal but feel its a struggle with the inexperienced GB added to the other 2 points

He omes accross as very quiet and shy......

I always have to put the volume up when his interview comes on ...

Add to the first point, a sufficient payment plan with the selling team.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10577250.Rovers_plan_to_add_to_squad/

Surely some have to leave before FOUR more come in, in order to get nearer to FFP compliance that GB said was hindering his transfer policy?

Rovers could also look to strengthen at left back and up front, while they are likely to bring in at least one centre back

Surely midfield comes before all of them?

that's why Bannan is mentioned before 'all of them'.

BUT we need more than one.....before the other three positions.

If four in is the target the rest of this summer should be all about

midfielder

midfielder

leftback

rightback

midfielder

midfielder

leftback

rightback

Maybe Bowyer just thinks we need one CM. Dunn and Etuhu to come back yet.

Agree we need a left back, which i'm sure Bowyer has already thought of! Not sure why you think we need a right back?

A quality winger is vital.

midfielder

midfielder

leftback

rightback

Why do we need a right back with Kane and Adam Henley in the squad?

Agree we need a left back, which i'm sure Bowyer has already thought of! Not sure why you think we need a right back?

A quality winger and CM and then we'll be top 6.

Bannan and Albrighton would be nice.

Failure to get a quality cm or winger in would mean mid table. Simple as that.

LB is also an area that needs improving but we have decent cover in Kilgallon and Morris.

Kane isn't our player and never will be. I despise the loan system and would rather have our own players than train up other clubs to the detriment of our own squad..........just an opinion

Plus it would shorten the odds on the teachers pet ever being shoved in there in an injury crisis. There is no place for that lad in my teams :)

And Williamson in midfield. I think one quality addition is sufficient if the injuries clear up.

Arguably we already have a quality winger on the books in Nunes and don't use him as it is. No point padding the squad out even further.

Kane isn't our player and never will be. I despise the loan system and would rather have our own players than train up other clubs to the detriment of our own squad..........just an opinion

Plus it would shorten the odds on the teachers pet ever being shoved in there in an injury crisis. There is no place for that lad in my teams :)

Teachers pet? Do you mean Orr? How dare you, Dunny will be cross!

We require a left-back and a central midfielder. Anything else would be a bonus.

Some people go way overboard on the amount of players we "need". I believe a previous poster made the same point. Fans come out with a long list of positions that need covering, but for the most part we manage to do alright without the complete squad everyone's clamouring for.

We require a left-back and a central midfielder. Anything else would be a bonus.

Some people go way overboard on the amount of players we "need". I believe a previous poster made the same point. Fans come out with a long list of positions that need covering, but for the most part we manage to do alright without the complete squad everyone's clamouring for.

We don't "need" new players in terms of numbers, we "need" new players in terms of quality.

The current playing staff is not good enough to go up which is why we do need new players.

Whilst our current predicament is largely down to the current owners Stuart, you make it sound like they're not putting anything in at all Stuart.

It was widely reported last season we were losing in excess of 2m per month. I assume we'll still be making very heavy losses again this season albeit the wage bill will have been reduced slightly.

We haven't folded over the summer so I presume the owners have been covering those losses. Perhaps it's not that surprising we haven't seen a spending splurge to match the one last summer?

Woah woah woah. I've been responding to comments about the effect of FFP stopping Venkys from fixing their mistakes, and I think I've covered the poin about our lossest.

The question is why are they covering the losses to keep a mid to bottom Championship team in business?

I've not had a satisfactory answer yet.

And the fact they could realise this at any point scares the heck out of me.

Archived