BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

Well i'll wind my neck in then.

Actually after reading up on him it seems he is a winger that played at full back and on the wing last season so seems quite a versatile player. Wouldn't wind your neck in just yet haha.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh how I have missed the BRFCS love in. Just back from The Dom Republic after a 2 week fab holiday and haven't really given pre season a second thought. Have gone through my mail and the season ticket has arrived but still finding it hard to raise the hackles for the weekends opener.

Have viewed some of the pre season results, mixed bag and nothing too outlandish. Did anyone really expect Rovers to beat Everton ?

I think Bannan could be a good signing but then again so could Ronaldo !!

Has the dead wood gone yet ?

Another winger? So thats potentially Judge, Taylor, King, Pedersen, Nunes, Formica and now this chump? Christ on a bike! Someone should tell Gary there are only two wings on a football pitch

Out of those mate only Nunes is even close to being a winger, and I doubt he is ready to step up just yet.. Judge/Formica are both central attacking midfielders/forwards and neither has the pace for the wing, Peders/Taylor are more left/right sided midfielders neither has the pace and king can't cross.

since the Morten&Bentley days under Hughes we haven't really played a with a formation/system that uses out and out wingers, I think 'wide midfielders' is the term that's used for the formations we have played since those days.

I think wide midfielders in a massive compliment to them, I'd call them robbing a living pricks

pretty sure its everything to do with FFP

That is what Bowyer said this morning in the LT that we got to meet the Financial Fair Play rules.

Does the FFP not start next season, if so then bite the bullet get the players in GB wants and then get shelf stacker of his arse earn his ill gotten gains to get rid of the ones we dont want over the course of the season, and are some of the high earners contracts not up anyway next season.

The FFP sanctions come in next year but go off this year/season accounts(2013/14). this year/season account started on the 14th July. The payoffs to Danny Murphy and Gomes will be on last year/season account. very clever of Rovers to get rid of them before the new season account started.

Givet, Pedersen and Orr contracts finish at the end of the season. so that will be near 70k a week(roughly 3.5million a year) save in wages. That's is why we could do with them off the wage bill this season. plus Rovers could do with Forimca, Rosado, Robinson and Etuhu off the wage bill aswell. saving around 100k a week in wages(roughly 5 million a year).

Reading the FFP rules on the Football League website, Rovers can be 10 million in debt this season but this must be reduced next season to 8 million pounds. so Rovers need to reduce the wage bill massively. this season we now a permanent shirt sponsor and more advertising around the ground so this will help reduced the debt.

here are the FLFFP rules for people who have not read them or don't understand them http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/FLExplainedDetail/0,,10794~2748246,00.html

So does FFP prevent owners giving the club money and asking for it back?

As if it does I find it all rather coincidental, happy to put money in last season when they could do it as loans and not now as they can't have it back?

Or have I read the thread wrong.

I believe so. Owners can't provide money for wages and transfers but can do for Stadium improvements and Academy improvements like the owners did this summer to get us Category status level 1 which was very good of the owners to investment in our Academy.

Bannan happy to come.

At least Bannan does want to come to Rovers. I sure he will be signing for us in a next couple of days

I think wide midfielders in a massive compliment to them, I'd call them robbing a living pricks

:lol::lol:

Bravo Sir!.

A Grooby to that man.

Givet, Pedersen and Orr contracts finish at the end of the season. so that will be near 70k a week(roughly 3.5million a year) save in wages.

And then some I'd imagine. I bet those three are on North of 100k p.w. between them.

How much easier GB's task would look if we had Pedersen, Orr, Givet and Robinson off the wage bill as much as I like the latter two as players. Can't see any of them featuring much.

How do you know the wages of them players Chaddy?

No one will take Etuhu, Orr, Formica, Rosado, Givet, Pedersen and Robinson off our hands.(getting bored of you keeping saying this now!!!)

Orr wages were in yesterday's Sunday People. saying they are 20k a week.

Etuhu's wages were rumoured to be 30/35k last season when he signed according to Andy Cryer last season

the rest of players are rumoured to be between 20 to 30k a week. Givet and Robinson were higher when we were in the premiership but had relegation wage drop(around 40% I believe and was said in last season podcast's at the start of the season) in the contracts which were negotiable by John Williams when here. don't forget Givet was complaining last season about having his wages reduced aswell

That is what Bowyer said this morning in the LT that we got to meet the Financial Fair Play rules.

I believe so. Owners can't provide money for wages and transfers but can do for Stadium improvements and Academy improvements like the owners did this summer to get us Category status level 1 which was very good of the owners to investment in our Academy.

Doesn't seem to stop the big Clubs from circumventing the rules by receiving huge sums from their owners for stadium naming rights or their kit supplier giving them a few hundred million quid for a few years shirt sponsorship.

Orr wages were in yesterday's Sunday People. saying they are 20k a week.

Etuhu's wages were rumoured to be 30/35k last season when he signed according to Andy Cryer last season

the rest of players are rumoured to be between 20 to 30k a week. Givet and Robinson were higher when we were in the premiership but had relegation wage drop(around 40% I believe and was said in last season podcast's at the start of the season) in the contracts which were negotiable by John Williams when here. don't forget Givet was complaining last season about having his wages reduced aswell

Who will want them?

Admit it, you've made this bit up haven't you? Income is income. Once it's in the coffers it doesn't matter whether you spend it on a 3G pitch or a week's wages for a player.

Reading the FFP rules on the Football League website, Rovers can be 10 million in debt this season but this must be reduced next season to 8 million pounds. so Rovers need to reduce the wage bill massively. this season we now a permanent shirt sponsor and more advertising around the ground so this will help reduced the debt.

We are talking about debt now. This is an entirely different thing. Particularly if the debt isn't maintainable.

But I seriously doubt the shirt sponsorship and stadium advertising is going to make a crease in our debt given the losses.

Yes, we're forever grateful for what they've done.

Thanks Chaddy.

Doesn't seem to stop the big Clubs from circumventing the rules by receiving huge sums from their owners for stadium naming rights or their kit supplier giving them a few hundred million quid for a few years shirt sponsorship.

I asked as I thought as you have said that owners can give money IE sponsorship etc. For me the fact Venky's haven't imo would then mean it's most likely as they can't get it back. We've all heard enough rumours or comments on our owners to know that they could do it if they wanted too. Building new training stuff is great but one assumes it adds value to the club so has a returnable aspect financially. So why else wouldn't they stump up some readies??? We all know they're the reason we're lying in the gutter after having our head stamped on, but in the same vein the poor bugger stamping ruined some lovely Y-3's. We've both lost out. But yet now afterwards they don't seem willing to stump up what's needed and owed. I do wonder whether this means perhaps they might be coming to the end of their little adventure and are looking into jump ship. But would they really do that or would they be happy to keep us provided we're no burden? Neither option appeals. Perhaps football is just too expensive for them and they've been royally ass-raped whilst stamping on our head,but they pretty much promised a promotion attempt this season with the season ticket offer. And to do that we need some better players and they as always cost money and you get to return to the start of the paragraph.

Or twelve cocks.

I know some girls who see that everytime they watch a match.

Givet, Pedersen and Orr contracts finish at the end of the season. so that will be near 70k a week(roughly 3.5million a year) save in wages. That's is why we could do with them off the wage bill this season. plus Rovers could do with Forimca, Rosado, Robinson and Etuhu off the wage bill aswell. saving around 100k a week in wages(roughly 5 million a year).

Robbo, Givet, MGP are all good enough to play. You need to concentrate on getting rid of those without quality ie Olsson, Edinho, Morris instead.

Robbo, Givet, MGP are all good enough to play. You need to concentrate on getting rid of those without quality ie Olsson, Edinho, Morris instead.

Yep, you are right. Kean is a very good keeper however. MGP is an average player BUT, most other midfielders aren't even that, they are on the level of TERRIBLE., therefore he should start. Ollson and Morris are embarrassingly @#/?.

Mmm thats what i thought when i asked the question earlier on, very convenient, yet Watford sign what 10 payers or so, must be on peanuts NOT

They've signed for next to nothing from Udinese haven't they? After being on loan from them last season?

Same business owns both clubs. So I doubt the fee was high because the money will just go from the right pocket to the left.

Archived