BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too back Abbey up. Venkys ARE TO BLAME FOR ALL our current ills . The buck begins and ends with the loons in pune. Rovers are now a shadow as a result of everything they have done or haven't done.

You will not find a single person on this forum disagreeing with that statement. This is however the transfer thread and people should be allowed to discuss within the reality the club now lives in without being called Venky lovers.

There was your first mistake.

He is right though. FFP should not be used to mask the fact that those idiots have near enough demolished 25 years of hard work. Yes FFP was always going to be difficult but Venkys have removed any position of strength we had and I can never forgive them. The sooner they are no longer associated with BRFC the better

As for the term "Venky lovers" there are two conclusions.

1. Abbey is angry and frustrated

2. Forum users shouldn't be so damn sensitive ;)

Moving swiftly back to transfers........if Bannan wants too much then it's time ti turn our attention elsewhere. We are starting a new season with ZEEO midfield. TICK TOCK

You will not find a single person on this forum disagreeing with that statement.

Too back Abbey up. Venkys ARE TO BLAME FOR ALL our current ills . The buck begins and ends with the loons in pune. Rovers are now a shadow as a result of everything they have done or haven't done.

and unless Mercer is proved correct and new owners come in nothing will improve either Venkys don't want to or don't know how to or it's a bigger mess than we know ( that maybe true especially with the finance director working a very long notice)

He is right though. FFP should not be used to mask the fact that those idiots have near enough demolished 25 years of hard work. Yes FFP was always going to be difficult but Venkys have removed any position of strength we had and I can never forgive them. The sooner they are no longer associated with BRFC the better

As for the term "Venky lovers" there are two conclusions.

1. Abbey is angry and frustrated

2. Forum users shouldn't be so damn sensitive ;)

Moving swiftly back to transfers........if Bannan wants too much then it's time ti turn our attention elsewhere. We are starting a new season with ZEEO midfield. TICK TOCK

If Venky's hadn't sacked Big Sam, we wouldn't be in this predicament. If Venky's had replaced Sam with a quality manager, we wouldn't be in this predicament. If Venky's sacked Steve Kean at the end of the season, we wouldn't be in this predicament. If Venky's sacked Steve Kean when we got relegated and replaced him with a quality manager, we wouldn't be in this predicament.

Venky's are to blame for this mess. It would be absurd to even look elsewhere to point the finger.

Yes, they have finally realised that those mistakes are costing them financially, and after years they are making reasonable decisions, however these decisions should not have had to be made in the first place.

Anyone else notice the parallels between Bannan and Pedersen? Not exactly the same, but set pieces and being a victim of long ball tactics seem to be similar, especially considering him getting so much abuse from fans.

If Bannan is crap and misplaces simple passes time and again, then yes. Pedersen is not a victim of long ball tactics, he is just effing useless and mind destroyingly inconsistent.

That was not what I said. I just pointed out that Venky has not been consistent in getting rid of high earners. After the PL disaster (Kean, Jerome A, etc etc, ), a lot of money was spent on wages and transfer fees last year. So it appears to me they are more incompetent than evil.

If it was true that Salgado was axed because another game would trigger a new year on his 60k a week contract, I would probably agree with that decision. Loved the guy but in his last year his legs were gone, how could you sponsor 3 mill pound on another year?

Brian, I think the vast majority of rovers fans are quite content with the reasoning that Venky's have isolated many players and refused to allow them to play based on financial principles. Champions League with £5m/ transfer window and a few loaners were their introductory comments.

On the face of it, FFP does look unfair as clubs with bigger revenue streams will be more successful than clubs with smaller revenue streams. However, I belive that the FFP is to stop clubs borrowing lots of money and doing a Pompey or Leeds.

I don't, however, think it is a system to try and stop owners 'gifting' their clubs money (i.e. funding through their own money rather than debt).

Rovers' business model at the moment is horrific so regardless of FFP rules or not we simply need to cut the wage bill. We have huge earners who don't offer anything to the first team. Robbo, Givet, Formica, Orr etc etc are sitting on big wages but don't play which, obviously, is not a good business model.

I don't mind players like Rhodes earning big money as they contribute massively to the team.

Yer I get that its primarily to stop clubs imploding. No issues there.

It just seems that on the face of it, clubs with larger incomes will be able to spend more which will most likely result in the bigger clubs getting better and smaller clubs falling further.

I don't know if there are anyways to get around it via sponsorship or whatever so that owners can stuff loads of money into the club.

It is impossible to blame anyone or anything other than Venky's for our present plight. Abbey is totally correct in that view. They have been appalling owners and taken a comfortable mid-table Premier League club and turned it into a struggling Championship club. Unfortunately, FFP will now ensure that Venky's or any other owner is going find it impossible to restore the club to anywhere near its former position. Low gates, cheap tickets, lack of sponsors and corporate hospitality will mean the wage bill will need to be continually reduced and the quality of player we are able to afford will continue to decline. In less than three years Venkys have taken us back 40 years or more. However, it is still Blackburn Rovers and the only hope of overcoming the problem of FFP is by increasing attendances, increasing the number of companies who will sponsor the club and improving the take up of corporate hospitality. Sadly, none of that is likely to happen anytime soon. Under the circumstances Gary will do well to guide us to a mid-table position when one considers the budget he is working with.

Brian, I think the vast majority of rovers fans are quite content with the reasoning that Venky's have isolated many players and refused to allow them to play based on financial principles. Champions League with £5m/ transfer window and a few loaners were their introductory comments.

Covering old ground but the likes of Salgado, Nelsen, Roberts and Emerton were plainly not "Top Premier League performers" by the time rhey left the Club. They were over the hill, over paid and being carried by the few genuine quality performers we had in the side such as the 2 Jones, Yakubu, Samba, Hoillet, Martin Olsson etc.

The apparent previous practice whereby players could apparently play 9 or ten games then be guaranteed a new deal for the following season was absolute lunacy imo. It might work when players are at the peak of their careers, once they move towards the end it creates a gravy train players can never fall off and performance levels become irrelevant.

A strange thing keeps being said that I'd like to point out...along the lines of 'FFP means the clubs with larger incomes will be able to spend more'. Of course they will. They already can. Because they have larger incomes.

We shouldn't spend money we don't have, especially with owners like these overseeing it. If they were willing to pump their own money in without wanting it back, and can afford to, then fair enough, and there are still ways to filter it in if that was the case. But how likely do we find that?

Oh, and EVERYONE knows Venkys are a hundred percent to blame for our plight. No point repeating it so much. Nobody, not one Rovers fan, likes them.

A strange thing keeps being said that I'd like to point out...along the lines of 'FFP means the clubs with larger incomes will be able to spend more'. Of course they will. They already can. Because they have larger incomes.

We shouldn't spend money we don't have, especially with owners like these overseeing it. If they were willing to pump their own money in without wanting it back, and can afford to, then fair enough, and there are still ways to filter it in if that was the case. But how likely do we find that?

Oh, and EVERYONE knows Venkys are a hundred percent to blame for our plight. No point repeating it so much. Nobody, not one Rovers fan, likes them.

At the moment you can overcome that with a sugardaddy owner who puts his own cash in. If you take that away, you are left with attendances, match day revenues, shirt sales etc to bring in money.

At the moment you can overcome that with a sugardaddy owner who puts his own cash in. If you take that away, you are left with attendances, match day revenues, shirt sales etc to bring in money.

And in my view, Venkys owe us some sugar.

FFP is a cop out.

...unless they don't have the money they are believed to and are simply brass-necking it.

FFP sanctions will not come into operation until 2014/15 season......so it's a half red herring. Obviously we need to work towards compliance but blaming it solely for the lack of transfers isn't the whole picture. And wasting wages on nonentities like marrow and judge isn't a sensible use of precious FFP resources.

He is right though.

No, he's really not. Not when his counter-arguments boil down to calling people "venky loving idiots" based on nothing but the fact they disagree with him. There's ten year-olds in debate class who can form more coherent arguments. He must be one of those sensitive souls you were referring to.

If Bannan is crap and misplaces simple passes time and again, then yes. Pedersen is not a victim of long ball tactics, he is just effing useless and mind destroyingly inconsistent.

Just me then, evidently, haha!

I suppose if you look at the Villa forums, you'd see similar sorts of comments to yours about Bannan.

Perspective is the key variable, really. For instance, I would say that despite some obvious inconsistencies, Pedersen is a relatively reliable source of assists and I would think you'd disagree.

In much the same way, we might look at Bannan as someone who's had a hard time of it from fans whilst being played out of position/in the wrong formation/not played at all. Villa fans might say he's a useless set piece taker, goes missing and has no consistency. All of these have been said by our fans about Pedersen and, hypothetically speaking, perhaps the fans of a club which were to buy Pedersen would look at him in much the same way we look at Bannan...

Just something that I noticed.

Please delete where appropriate!....... Hat-trick of Knock-backs could be on the cards

Crewe/Liverpool/Villa have accepted a bid from Blackburn Rovers for midfielder Luke Murphy/Jay Spearing/Barry Bannan.....

And in my view, Venkys owe us some sugar.

FFP is a cop out.

...unless they don't have the money they are believed to and are simply brass-necking it.

Whilst our current predicament is largely down to the current owners Stuart, you make it sound like they're not putting anything in at all Stuart.

It was widely reported last season we were losing in excess of 2m per month. I assume we'll still be making very heavy losses again this season albeit the wage bill will have been reduced slightly.

We haven't folded over the summer so I presume the owners have been covering those losses. Perhaps it's not that surprising we haven't seen a spending splurge to match the one last summer?

Please delete where appropriate!....... Hat-trick of Knock-backs could be on the cards

Crewe/Liverpool/Villa have accepted a bid from Blackburn Rovers for midfielder Luke Murphy/Jay Spearing/Barry Bannan.....

Top and bottom is that if the deal isn't right then it won't happen...that's on either side. We can't be held to ransome on fees or wages! If Bannan wants more than he's worth then just move on!!

Why, do you think it'll fall through because the player doesn't want to come?

Archived