BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

Thanks mate, you are right in our need for that central midfield player (or two IMO), and I do worry that our dopey shelf salesman is going to mess it up but last season we didn't get our big signing in until the last minute and there are still some pretty good names in the hat.. loan (not a fan of loans but beggars can't be choosers) players like Powell/Chalobah and Spearing/Bannan and co are still available (and when they realise that no PL club is going to come in for them they will think again).

I kind of share your feelings to a degree on Lowe, but he is a young lad (who was very highly rated) who has had massive pressure placed on his shoulders and to date has not exactly had a decent/settled/complimentary partner in midfield nor a manager who could make best use of him so I still think he can come good in the long run if used correctly.

I am at least confident that GB is both looking in the right direction and attempting to resolve the obvious issues (LB/RB Done, Hard workers Done, Passion for the club Done, Bad influences mostly removed etc etc).

Agree with most of these things, especially about Lowe, and the fact it's not the end of the world if we don't have a cm in place by Derby. If we don't get someone in before the transfer window closes - loan or otherwise - though then we really need to worry.

I get the feeling that we will see allot of the 4-2-3-1 next season but with two of the three pushing forward (Taylor/Judge/King/Formica/Rochina/Rosado have all played in very advanced midfield roles to a varying levels of success), personally think Rhodes is better with a partner and wide players but hey ho.

Agree. But do we have a suitable partner? Not really - Best hasn't shown much and Judge and Taylor show promise whilst Rochina is arguably one of our best if ot best talent. Perhaps it's more going with what suits the team than any one individual player. Added to which with limited funds, perhaps a cm is more of a priority than getting in a decent partner for Rhodes.

At least with this formation the 2 can be Lowe and Marrow (shudder) but their lack of creativity is covered for because the 3 can focus more on attacking and being creative knowing they have 2 workhorses behind them offering the defence protection. However I agree that ideally 4-4-2 is best for Rhodes, but we are missing 2 players for that system cm and striker as oppose to arguably 1 (a cm) in the 4-2-3-1 system.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to note that GB beat Mick McCarthy

And Readings Nigel Adkins to Spurrs signature!....both tried really hard as they both need Left Backs .. Cresseell replacement and Reading have just released Shorey & Hart ...

It's good to see our Manager come out on top on this occasion....Well Done all he needs to do now is stop public ally patting Lowe when everyone knows he's Crap...

So its all signed and sealed then?

And Readings Nigel Adkins to Spurrs signature!....both tried really hard as they both need Left Backs .. Cresseell replacement and Reading have just released Shorey & Hart ...

It's good to see our Manager come out on top on this occasion....Well Done all he needs to do now is stop public ally patting Lowe when everyone knows he's Crap...

Has Lowe done a runner with your wife or something?

Near enough every post I read, you include at least one unnecessary Lowe bashing comment.

We get it, you don't rate the lad.

But why should Bowyer stop praising him? Because his opinion differs from yours?

He's going to play.

You, like many others don't like him.

I, like many others do.

No need to mention him every time you get the chance. We get it

Didn't Reading sign Bridge?

Last years promoted left backs

Andrew Taylor (Cardiff) - Former Middlebrough LB, also played for Bradford and Watford before joining Cardiff.

Liam Rosenior (Hull) - Football League journeyman, back in the big time, played RB and LB when Hull played 4 at the back.

Jonathan Parr (Crystal Palace) - Former Aalesund man, Norwegian international. Voted Palace player of the year in 11/12

Clearly still need at least one central midfielder & I expect to see poor old Jordan looking lost again without a decent strike partner.

I would like to pass comment on this post because it is one shared by many...the fact that Rhodes appears lost in games for much of the time that he is playing is not entirely the teams fault in my opinion.

The problem with Rhodes is that if he isn't scoring then he offers nothing...IMHO every other part of his game apart from finishing pitches him somewhere between league 1 and the championship!

If possible try and find huddersfields archived fans opinions on him from last summer!

If he isn't scoring then he's barely worth a starting spot and that is exactly why no one will pay for him this summer!!

Guest Norbert

We just need that central midfield sorted out now, then we'll have a pretty decent team. At least Bowyer has identified it and tried with Bannan, Spearing and Luke Murphy. Our last few managers would have signed a right back from Indonesia and Shebby would have brought in a load of semi-pros from the Greek 5th division.

I kind of share your feelings to a degree on Lowe, but he is a young lad (who was very highly rated) who has had massive pressure placed on his shoulders and to date has not exactly had a decent/settled/complimentary partner in midfield nor a manager who could make best use of him so I still think he can come good in the long run if used correctly.

Certainly, there is pressure when it comes to professional football BUT being paid extortionate amounts of money means you either perform and succeed or under perform and fail. We can't afford this lad anymore time to develop, it's costing us points and ultimately possible play off positions (not him alone of course)... He needs to be loaned out again to become a leader, to take responsibility and find himself as a player, we can't afford it on our time. I really hope he proves me wrong.

Is it inconceivable that we could sign BOTH Spearing AND BANNAN? We bloody well need too.

Slightly off topic but regarding FFP, I see the Forest owner has one of his refrigeration companies as the sponsor on the shirts - I thought this wasn't allowed?

Nice way of Forest getting round the issue

Guest Norbert

Maybe we could play at The Venky's Stadium..........................OK I was joking with that one. They'd probably give the club £40 in such a deal.

Archived