BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

So it'll be Spearing then. Either way, I hope Spearing or Bannan do come in. A Villa fan at work think Barry B is sh_t, but then again Villa have not really been a team that a young player can show their stuff over the past few years. McLeish's team was turgid and boring, whilst Lambert's has just been pretty poor, stripped down and inexperienced.

Interesting to note that GB beat Mick McCarthy

And Readings Nigel Adkins to Spurrs signature!....both tried really hard as they both need Left Backs .. Cresseell replacement and Reading have just released Shorey & Hart ...

It's good to see our Manager come out on top on this occasion....

well done to Bowyer for beating those two experience managers to Spurr signing if it done happens

No idea I'm afraid. Nicko thinks it might be bannan or UAE guy.

Based on what bannan posted on instogram earlier, I'd guess it's him.

would the UAE player qualify for a work permit tho the UK regulations??? I not sure he does.

Could be Bannan if he and Agent have lower their demands or it could be another CM who Bowyer and Rovers have kept out of the public eyes just like Spurr. No media reports about Rovers agreeing terms with Spurr till Sky Sports said he was medical at Brockhall. that's the way transfers should be done. no leaky of players we are trying to sign till they are having a medical at the earliest.

:lol: Nicko doesn't have a clue then, from what I've seen from UAE Guy - as he is now officially called - looks decent, collects of the back 4, gives it, quite happy to have it back, will drive, will sit and spray the ball, think he could be quality.

Of course he may well be dogshit, but optimism always returns on the eve of a new season, can't help it...!!

Guest Norbert

I do hope a midfielder is coming in, and a good one. Mr. UAE is a real unknown quantity to all of us. I prefer a bit more certainty after all the Portugeezers, Riberio etc.

On the Forest sponsor question. City are sponsored by Ethiad who are owned by their owner, are they not?

i may be completely off the mark but isn't it that if a clubs ownership is in the name of said owner or a subsidiary company then another subsidiary company in the hands of the owner can sponsor the club.

so Venky's LTD London couldnt sponsor however Venky's Express/other Venky owned company could?

ahhhh i don't know! :blink:

:lol: Nicko doesn't have a clue then, from what I've seen from UAE Guy - as he is now officially called - looks decent, collects of the back 4, gives it, quite happy to have it back, will drive, will sit and spray the ball, think he could be quality.

Of course he may well be dogshit, but optimism always returns on the eve of a new season, can't help it...!!

The UAE lad's chances seemed to have been dismissed by Bowyer, before he even arrived, then again perhaps GB has been playing possum.

Think it's more likely Bannan though.

seems I spoke too soon on Bannan !

think it could be a name thats not been mentioned , spurr came out the blue this morning, bannan deal might have collapsed as we could have been offered better option

Hahaha - Negative git constitutes as abuse?

I would suggest that your tirade of negativeness is nearer to verbal abuse. You certainly have "abused" my mood on occasions i the past week or two. If your such a sensitive soul, I'll plead with you then;

We have fallen from a height and its not nice. I agree. I hate this situation we find ourselves in, having to get rid of all the dross the special bald son and his "dracul-esq" blood sucking agent brought in. The exits have to be supplemented with players who are cheap and free. It is literally what every single other championship club of our size has to do due to the difference between wages in the top two divisions.

Gary is also another rookie in the job. It would be easy to turn on him like Kean, but surely you see the difference. Without going into 300 pages of details, Kean was a charlatan, and I would expect every fan to have some similar misgivings regarding Gary - however the distinct difference between him and Steve, is essentially the lack of a crooked back story to get into the post. This, for me, worth being positive about. He can either fail or succeed.

Gary has his hands tied in terms of what he can bring into the club. Notice he has signed players he knows (a routine used by EVERY single manager in the history of football) rather than players he would describe as the next *insert current world player here*. Surely this is a another positive you can gleam because the current crop of cheap signings will not be a possible death knell for the club - simply because they are not being signed to insane contracts. Also, to add to this minor improvement of direction - do you think Marrow, Judge and Taylor will do any worse than Murphy, Etuhu and Gomes?

Without too much condescension, yourself and a large part of our fanbase need to smell the coffee in terms of the expectation of the club. The direction the club has took can be described in simple terms as downwards since "Naive foreigners invest money in advice not fit for purpose". We are now reeling after being literally raped by agents, fans have disappeared, along with sponsors and our best payers. How can you expect the club to instantly change direction when a lot of the disease remains?

Refined expectation have led to me believing in Gary. You will say this is unfounded, but since the beginning the 1. problem Venkys have had is appointing experienced managers. If Gary loses lots of games early on and leaves - he will be replaced by ANOTHER complete amateur. I am 99% certain that if Gary goes (unless Venkys find some way of financing a manager and change all tact set thus far) we will lose the fight from a number of players who kept us in this division last season. This will lead to further meltdown, the final crop of decency (Hanley, Rhodes, Henley, Kean etc) leaving and the end of a second tier side.

We cannot afford for Gary to fail. I cannot understand why a lot of people cannot see this. There will be no more big wages until (IF) we make it back to the top division. We have to take a look at our expectation and rally behind the part of the club that we still have - and that is the ability to go watch the team that sets us apart in the region, country and the world. Transfers that cost money have to be perfect for the club - and I would much rather see us back down from paying players excessive amounts as we all know it does not guarantee a single thing.

I implore your BAWA. If ever a time the club needed strong vocal positive fans it is now. I completely agree with you regarding a playmaker and left back - thankfully the manager has highlighted this also - but please do not slag him off for the problems we are facing on a transfer front because it is narrow minded to put that his door. He proved in a short stint that he could get points from games with average players and others not up for the fight. If he can do it over 46 games we may have found someone who can halt the slide because ultimately that is the job he has to do. Forget about thinking of promotion as a target, it is merely a dream at the moment, but a halt to our slide into the abyss would be a lot better than some of the more likely endings with this ownership.

If, and this is a big If, Gary can get another midfielder and left back - we could have a pretty useful squad in my eyes. We have the fitness side of the club sorted this time around also and I believe this will make a huge difference to our performances this season. We also have a few more hungry british players - rather than a petulant CKR or a final pay day baldy. When a few of the older midfield players get back from injury, ie Dunn and Williamson, we could have a good set up with Marrow/Lowe as the engine. I see us playing Jordan on his own away from home with Ruben/Judge/Dunn/Formica playing behind. You may also call me a fool, but I think Pedersen would be decent in this position in his twilight - less running basically and if he can find space and string passes together ( I know, I know) he could be useful.

For some interesting reading also - and maybe a more constructive use of our time - Her is the list of confirmed releases from premier league clubs this season.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2337461/Premier-League-released-players-list-Filippo-Mancini-released-Manchester-City-Tottenham-release-William-Gallas-David-Bentley.html

Thomas Hitzlberger anyone?

good shout Bizzle. Looking at that list I am also surprised we have not been in for Benayoun,Diarra,Hulse,Gera, & O'Neil all would have improved our 1st 11 & would have been within our wage structure.

I know you shouldn't read too much into what other fans say about a player that you're signing... But everything I've read just doesn't look good.

Let's face facts, our midfield was miles better with Dave Jones, without him we'd have probably gone down. Now we don't have him and haven't replaced him with some as good or better. It's ok having a decent back 4 and a striker who can score goals, without a reliable and inventive nucleus of the team to bring it together we have nothing... That's how we looked last season, nothing, no invention, no style, no idea. Someone who can retain possession, set up play & allow Rochina to make mistakes could be the difference between top half and bottom half.

We have a month to rid of this deadwood and sign some quality or the facts are, we'll be relegated.

It's that simple.

Well it's a good job Gaz is trying to bring in one of Bannan/Spearing/UAE Lad then with Spurr should make us a more complete team.

Has Lowe done a runner with your wife or something?

Near enough every post I read, you include at least one unnecessary Lowe bashing comment.

We get it, you don't rate the lad.

But why should Bowyer stop praising him? Because his opinion differs from yours?

He's going to play.

You, like many others don't like him.

I, like many others do.

No need to mention him every time you get the chance. We get it

arran you may like and rate Lowe but the stark reality is this giving 110% at any level does not make you a decent footballer playing him & Marrow together is pointless as they both do the same job none of them are creative enough and when we sign 1 of Bannan/Spearing/UAE Lad he will be relegated to the bench as predominently a defensive midfielder and Williamson & Marrow will be ahead of him in the pecking order it is not about bashing him it is about recognising what type of a player he is & that is not a creative midfielder.

Archived