BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

I know you shouldn't read too much into what other fans say about a player that you're signing... But everything I've read just doesn't look good.

Let's face facts, our midfield was miles better with Dave Jones, without him we'd have probably gone down. Now we don't have him and haven't replaced him with some as good or better. It's ok having a decent back 4 and a striker who can score goals, without a reliable and inventive nucleus of the team to bring it together we have nothing... That's how we looked last season, nothing, no invention, no style, no idea. Someone who can retain possession, set up play & allow Rochina to make mistakes could be the difference between top half and bottom half.

We have a month to rid of this deadwood and sign some quality or the facts are, we'll be relegated.

It's that simple.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not negativity AL...........ITS A FACT

We have a team of utility players who are average at a few positions but masters of none. It's showed last season and it will likely show again this. It's called reality. You may want to come back to it now and again.

There are facts and facts. You just choose to pick the negative ones and make other ones up on your own. You don't go to the ground and you don't want them to succeed as it would ruin your agenda. Why do you bother?

Well Done GB on the Spurr signing ... Finally we've got a Proper Left Back after so many years....

The Olsenn twins were not up to it and Morris is just too weak and Fragile for me for that postion and should never have played at Left Back ... Left wing at a push ......Both Olsenn and Morris should be eased out ...

Really Haooy with this signing ....Excellant Left Back IMHO ....whoopee ..

Not referring to you TJ

Again before the lad has even put a shirt on there is a stream of derogatory comments, Jesus Christ give it a rest. Oh and while I'm at it instead of going off what SW fans are saying why don't you give him a chance to show us what he can do and give him a warm rovers welcome (if he has signed).

Pete, its a messageboard, this is what people do, debate the current goings on at the club!

I think you've also got to understand after the 20yrs we've had at the top, its hard for people to see bargain basement buys from Notts County and Donny Rovers as anything other than cr@p.

I know you shouldn't read too much into what other fans say about a player that you're signing... But everything I've read just doesn't look good.

Let's face facts, our midfield was miles better with Dave Jones, without him we'd have probably gone down. Now we don't have him and haven't replaced him with some as good or better. It's ok having a decent back 4 and a striker who can score goals, without a reliable and inventive nucleus of the team to bring it together we have nothing... That's how we looked last season, nothing, no invention, no style, no idea. Someone who can retain possession, set up play & allow Rochina to make mistakes could be the difference between top half and bottom half.

We have a month to rid of this deadwood and sign some quality or the facts are, we'll be relegated.

It's that simple.

:angry2::angry2::!::!::!: Oh well :wstu:

Den I can see where you are coming from.

But look at it another way, if Bowyer keeps adding players who have played well in the championship, players like Taylor and now Spur who both performed well and would have be viewed as amongst their better players by their previous clubs then potentially you end up with a decent championship team with a decent chance.

Neither would be players that that there current teams wanted to lose. Spur performed better at Doncaster. The key is having some players of a higher standard technically such as Rochina, Nunes, Dunn who can do something a little different. If the rest of the team is solid and hard working it allows those type of players a little more freedom. It is still critical we get in a higher standard cm though.. a midfield including Marrow, Lowe and judge at the same time maybe just ok against the weaker championship teams but wont be good enough against the better teams. The standard of cm we have been going after is encouraging, that fact we haven't managed to get them is worrying.

To be fair I saw nothing in Taylor at Preston and I know nothing about this left back. Hopefully they'll do a good job. The only thing I am sure of, is that if we continue to shop in the current market we've been recruiting from, we'll end up, at the best, in the same league as most of 'em, for a long time.

I know you shouldn't read too much into what other fans say about a player that you're... But everything I've read just doesn't look good.

It's that simple.

Which players are you referring that we have signed where the fans from the club we signed them from didn't rate the player? Doncaster fans seem to like Spur, Millwall fans seemed to rate Taylor, Kilgallon was not rubbished by Sunderland fans, Marrow was well liked by the Notts county fans. I don't think anyone will argue we need a better cm player - give Bowyer is dues he is trying to sign one.

Pete, its a messageboard, this is what people do, debate the current goings on at the club!

I think you've also got to understand after the 20yrs we've had at the top, its hard for people to see bargain basement buys from Notts County and Donny Rovers as anything other than cr@p.

Yes fair point, i fully understand the last twenty years thing, been going a lot longer than that, but i would question the debate bit, some do debate and that's fine if it is constructive, but others are just plain nasty and thats not debating in my opinion. I will have a wry smile however should we win at Derby, but i am sure the negatives will be out in force whatever the score.

Am I missing something? Or are you actually saying what I posted was is stupid?

No not really just another really really negative post.

Which players are you referring that we have signed where the fans from the club we signed them from didn't rate the player? Doncaster fans seem to like Spur, Millwall fans seemed to rate Taylor, Kilgallon was not rubbished by Sunderland fans, Marrow was well liked by the Notts county fans. I don't think anyone will argue we need a better cm player - give Bowyer is dues he is trying to sign one.

I was only referring to Spurr. I do give him his dues but I'm only saying what I see. I think we have some talent in our squad but nothing to bring it together and now all of a sudden, the season is here and we're weaker in the position that matters most.

Oh I see, we still have some brainwashed Steve Kean remains... Let's all pretend we're going to get promoted.

If you can't see the sense in what I've posted then I can't help you.

Moron.

It's that simple.

Dear god, those really aren't the FACTS, they are your opinion.

Liverpool's local rag is still of the opinion that the Spearing deal may not be dead

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-agree-lorenzo-melgarejo-5387071

Thought Bowyer said quite cleary last week in a radio interview that we've pulled out of that deal. The Bannan hold up might've changed things.

It's that simple.

just what we need right now a bit of positivaty even before a ball has been kicked, what chance we got with stupid comments like this

Oh I see, we still have some brainwashed Steve Kean remains... Let's all pretend we're going to get promoted.

If you can't see the sense in what I've posted then I can't help you.

Moron.

Whoa there boy, brainwashed Steve Kean remains, i dont kin think so, i was being polite in my reply, obviously you dont know or have the inclination, and to call a fellow rovers fan a MORON just proves to me you really are not of that ilk.

Thought Bowyer said quite cleary last week in a radio interview that we've pulled out of that deal. The Bannan hold up might've changed things.

maybe it down to signing one of spearing or bannan and just waiting on spearings answer before deciding

There are facts and facts. You just choose to pick the negative ones and make other ones up on your own. You don't go to the ground and you don't want them to succeed as it would ruin your agenda. Why do you bother?

Now you are being silly. I want us to succeed and I wish we'd actually try

To be fair I saw nothing in Taylor at Preston and I know nothing about this left back. Hopefully they'll do a good job. The only thing I am sure of, is that if we continue to shop in the current market we've been recruiting from, we'll end up, at the best, in the same league as most of 'em, for a long time.

I do think Taylor seemed to come on a bit when playing for Millwall. As Spur did at Doncaster .

I genuinely think both improve our team compared to last year. If you sign better championship players you end up with a better championship team in theory. They all seem to have a good attitude and are genuinely hard working. So that in theory should make us a better team and harder to beat. We do need to get a player in for cm with better quality there is no doubt. With that player added there is a chance the team could be hardworking enough to get into the play offs.

Don't get me wrong - what I would give for the team we had a few years ago.....and the anger I feel at how they have put us in this position. I do also wonder if we hadn't signed both Marrow and Judge then that money might have been enough to get Murphy rather than see him go to Leeds (mind you Murphy hasnt played in the Championship so still a risk in theory and Judge was highly rated in the same league as Murphy).

Yes fair point, i fully understand the last twenty years thing, been going a lot longer than that, but i would question the debate bit, some do debate and that's fine if it is constructive, but others are just plain nasty and thats not debating in my opinion. I will have a wry smile however should we win at Derby, but i am sure the negatives will be out in force whatever the score.

Nasty???? Unless you are referring to those who castigate those for having an underwhelmed opinion of Rovers current squad and even then it's not nasty just frustrated. Perspective Pete, perspective :D

Nasty???? Unless you are referring to those who castigate those for having an underwhelmed opinion of Rovers current squad and even then it's not nasty just frustrated. Perspective Pete, perspective :D

There is a huge difference between being underwhelmed by a squad and constantly looking for flaws in it. You have nothing constructive to say either.

WE ARE A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM WITH NO MONEY!!!!!! Get realistic in your level of expectations

I do think Taylor seemed to come on a bit when playing for Millwall. As Spur did at Doncaster .

I genuinely think both improve our team compared to last year. If you sign better championship players you end up with a better championship team in theory. They all seem to have a good attitude and are genuinely hard working. So that in theory should make us a better team and harder to beat. We do need to get a player in for cm with better quality there is no doubt. With that player added there is a chance the team could be hardworking enough to get into the play offs.

Don't get me wrong - what I would give for the team we had a few years ago.....and the anger I feel at how they have put us in this position. I do also wonder if we hadn't signed both Marrow and Judge then that money might have been enough to get Murphy rather than see him go to Leeds (mind you Murphy hasnt played in the Championship so still a risk in theory and Judge was highly rated in the same league as Murphy).

r4eva hits the nail on't head

You could have a point, to post the same stuff over and over again doesn't add anything new to debate.

The fans have been battered from pillar to post by those idiots in Pune, this is a certainly a bi-product of that in my opinion.

I admire your resolute stand though Pete, we've been going long before Jack came into the mix, but this lot from Pune have knocked the stuffing out of us, and we just can't get up for new signings or the new season.

Sad really...

So I have to get real in my expectations when plenty on here seriously consider promotion to be something that may occur this season?

I see no signs of the squad being improved on last season. Even in the darker decades of the 70's and 80's when the club boiled a teabag for a month the club still produced the odd signing to wet the appetite.

It's just my opinion but it seems opinions are being driven out in favour of a collective positive mantra. Even Neal posted a constructive and fair assessment but was just dismissed as being negative.

Maybe we should have a rainbows and unicorns section? ;)

Archived