BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

I wasn't saying they had bad attitudes like Murphy. But it's been proven time and again that signing a cluster of ex-PL players isn't the way to go.

Of course the odd experienced head can really lift a team. But Philips and Bellamy were exceptions in their squads, and both are exceptional pros.

O'Neil has been in this league for a while and not really done much. Plus he has injury worries. Jerome Thomas has always had motivation issues and completely relies on pace - when that's gone so is he. Shorey and Baird seem like solid pros but they wouldn't be cheap. We could make a case for Shorey if Olsson left but we can't justify paying big wages to two left backs.

It's more to do with the balance of personalities in the squad. We're already heavy on experienced ex-PL players in Robinson, Dann, Givet, Murphy, Etuhu, Pedersen, Dunn etc. It's not healthy to add to that unless it is an exceptional player like Philips and Bellamy that inspire people around them. It's no coincidence that our most impressive performers last year were the likes of Rhodes, Hanley, Williamson etc. They've got something to prove.

Dont agree with that...wouldnt class 6 players in the squad as it being heavy with experienced PL, this wasnt the reason for our horror season in my view, the players i suggested if managed correctly and with decent tactics would be good additions in my book..also i wouldnt class Dann as having alot of PL experience. whats he had? 2-3 seasons?

Your saying Shorey and Baird are the wrong side of 30 yet wouldnt be cheap so which is it? there either in demand or not, neither in my book wouldnt break the bank and would be solid signings, 3 PL freebies is hardly a cluster, your tryin to make your argument by taking everything to the extreme!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont agree with that...wouldnt class 6 players in the squad as it being heavy with experienced PL, this wasnt the reason for our horror season in my view, the players i suggested if managed correctly and with decent tactics would be good additions in my book..also i wouldnt class Dann as having alot of PL experience. whats he had? 2-3 seasons?

Your saying Shorey and Baird are the wrong side of 30 yet wouldnt be cheap so which is it? there either in demand or not, neither in my book wouldnt break the bank and would be solid signings, 3 PL freebies is hardly a cluster, your tryin to make your argument by taking everything to the extreme!

I'm not taking anything to the extreme at all. I've been entirely consistent saying that I think the best way to get promoted us to sign players desperate to win promotion.

Did Cardiff, Hull, Southampton, Norwich, Swansea, Reading etc get promotion by signing players released by PL clubs?

I wish we would forget about all these ex-premiership players and carry on looking at the players we have been looking at, i.e. bargain basement lower division players.

If this club is going to be saved we need to cut millions off our wage bill and almost half way through the summer it isn't looking good as we have got rid of no-one yet. Bringing in more people on £20K a week plus is going to be a recipe for disaster. Hope things start moving soon.

Is the Wilson player released from Liverpool the Ex-Rangers player? I seem to recall him being a hot prospect a few years back.

Pretty sure this bloke has just signed for the Hearts on a free. He was on loan last year, with L'pool paying 90% of his wages, and did quite well.

I'm not taking anything to the extreme at all. I've been entirely consistent saying that I think the best way to get promoted us to sign players desperate to win promotion.

Did Cardiff, Hull, Southampton, Norwich, Swansea, Reading etc get promotion by signing players released by PL clubs?

Or we could say it all depends on the character and ability of the individual not weather he played i division x y z

I wish we would forget about all these ex-premiership players and carry on looking at the players we have been looking at, i.e. bargain basement lower division players.

If this club is going to be saved we need to cut millions off our wage bill and almost half way through the summer it isn't looking good as we have got rid of no-one yet. Bringing in more people on £20K a week plus is going to be a recipe for disaster. Hope things start moving soon.

Pretty sure this bloke has just signed for the Hearts on a free. He was on loan last year, with L'pool paying 90% of his wages, and did quite well.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11790/8738208/SPL-Liverpool-defender-Danny-Wilson-agrees-to-Hearts-move

He did

Bostock may be interesting. He was the next big thing whilst at Palace (like Zaha), but fell under the curse of Spurs.

Bostock is rubbish. He joined us on loan two seasons ago (Wednesday) and we sent him back early. Big attitude problem.

Im not saying dont get a few young hungry players in but i like the idea of a mix, i wouldnt fancy a team full of league unproven hungry players..id like to see something along these lines come the opening day..

Kean

Baird Dann Hanley Shorey/Olsson

Williamson Jones

Thomas Dunn Rochina

Rhodes

Guest Norbert

Bostock is rubbish. He joined us on loan two seasons ago (Wednesday) and we sent him back early. Big attitude problem.

Aaah, I see. Like Bentley, he joined Spurs and thought he was Billy Big Balls. He thought he had made it already because he had the hype at Palace.

Webster looked really good a few years back, had a few injuries since however and flopped pretty badly at Rangers and Wigan.

Wouldn't mind him as part of the squad should Givet leave though.

Ah ok. I did wonder why he was back at Hearts.

Just had a quick read of his Wiki, seems like injury problems ruined his time at Wigan and Rangers. Seems to have played consistently for the past 2 years so maybe he's over the worst of those now?

Ah ok. I did wonder why he was back at Hearts.

Just had a quick read of his Wiki, seems like injury problems ruined his time at Wigan and Rangers. Seems to have played consistently for the past 2 years so maybe he's over the worst of those now?

He could well be, not seen as much SPL since Rangers were expelled tbh.

He was quite a similar player to Dann in that his game was about timing and positioning rather than being a real physical presence so if Dann was to leave he might be a decent shout (should we have no cash to spend)

Webster's ok. He'd be a great back-up CB. I'd probably rate him higher than Ian Evatt.

Hearts have a young Australian called Dylan McGowan who can play RB, CB or in midfield. He's looked decent when I've seen him and he's meant to be highly thought of there. Apart from them, there isn't really anyone who I'd take here.

Archived