BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

I can understand people saying we need a solid midfield, but then where will the creativity come from. Goals don't just make themselves.

Williamson, I'm sorry, but he's @#/?. Lowe is average. Murphy and Etuhu I don't even want to talk about and Dunn probably won't play until February. Sorry but that CM area is poor. It was poor last season, so what makes people think that will suddenly change with the exact same players?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can understand people saying we need a solid midfield, but then where will the creativity come from. Goals don't just make themselves.

Williamson, I'm sorry, but he's @#/?. Lowe is average. Murphy and Etuhu I don't even want to talk about and Dunn probably won't play until February. Sorry but that CM area is poor. It was poor last season, so what makes people think that will suddenly change with the exact same players?

Tend to agree with all of this post. How anyone can think Etuhu is good enough in any footballing capacity after his performances last season is beyond me. I wouldn't give him a squad number, lest I be tempted to actually play him.

Hasten to add that I was hoodwinked by his Premier League status at the beginning of last season, but I can see why Fulham didn't fancy holding onto him. If he's all we've got for competition, I hope that an intensive pre-season might make a difference, but not holding my breath.

For me baird whithead and jones would be three very good frees willing to battle and put a shift in players like that should be what we are looking at. Having said that when the free list was up last year Murphy was the one i wanted and he turned out to be a disaster.

Jones, Williamson, Lowe are good enough for this league.

No way are these players ever good enough to get Rovers promoted though, just remember Peterbrough at home, Hull away, Cardiff away, to pick a few games out from last season. Though they all didnt play in these games, at least one did.

No way are these players ever good enough to get Rovers promoted though, just remember Peterbrough at home, Hull away, Cardiff away, to pick a few games out from last season. Though they all didnt play in these games, at least one did.

bang-head-on-wall.jpg

bang-head-on-wall.jpg

If that's a disagreement to Jal's post, then you need to apply that to yourself I'm afraid.

A number of posters have pointed out to JAL that the players that he mentioned in his post are the sort that make up the bulk of Cardiff's, Hull's and Palaces's squads. He seems to accept this then goes on to post exactly the same stuff!

At the risk of seeming like a stalker, JAL seems to have a habit of writing off players and potential signings without a qualifying "in my opinion" or "I think" which grates a bit with me I suppose.

O'Neil is 33 years old isnt he?

Hammond would be decent signing but Jones seems to be the one Bowyer wants to sign.

Jones, Williamson, Lowe, Etuhu and Dunn should be enough in centre midfield.

Chaddy to even include Lowe, Etuhu & Dunn is an insult Jones & williamson would be good Dunn will definitely not play much this year Etuhu has just been plain awful I think we made a massive mistake taking him & Murphy we really should have gone for his team mate at Fulham Dickagchoi instead and Lowe for all his endeavour yes he runs tracks back but at the end of the day the boy has no end product gets into good positions but more often than not his final ball really lets him down for me Lowe is more of an impact player coming off the bench.

Jones really struggled against Watford away so what makes him good in your eyes.

JAL the 10 other players on that day were rubbish for one you can't judge him on one game and if it wasn't for that dirty cheating 2 footed Millwall scum Shittu going in 2 footed Jones would have scored the goal of the season & in his brief loan spell did more than enough to warrant a contract esp on a free transfer.

ads you must be watching a different game to me Williamson has done really well against Arsenal in the cup was absolutely sublime agree Lowe is average imo is more of an impact player coming off the bench agree smurphs & Etuhu are not fit for purpose and to be honest Dunny should really now be looking to take up his coaching role with the reserves as I don't believe he will last long in games next year and so fully agree we definitely need more midfielders but getting in Jones would be a very good start.

I'm going to reach for my tin hat and say the following...I believe that Etuhu could play a major part this season! You don't become a bad player overnight and unlike Murrphy he isn't finished yet.

He was poor last season but was playing a different role than the one he'll be expected to next season. I believe that Bowyer will play a 4231 and that he can thrive as one of the (2) holding players as can Lowe, Williamson and Jones.

I can't see us strengthening that particular area other than Jones and I DO think they'll have enough to compete with those four.

It's the (3) in front who sit behind Rhodes that GB needs to get right...Taylor and Judge are a good start!

He's six foot two and he's really poo

Etuhuwuwu, Etuhuwuwu..

Blackpool away was his crowning glory for me, I don't think I've seen a worse 'performance' in my life.

I agree he was poor - but I thought he was already struggling with a niggling injury by that point. I don't think you can ignore that he did have a good start to the season. Our midfield looked poor overall last season - but imo that was partly due to poor fitness and a lack of players running off the ball to create space and angles for passing. I think GB has tried to address this with his first signings.

I agree he was poor - but I thought he was already struggling with a niggling injury by that point. I don't think you can ignore that he did have a good start to the season. Our midfield looked poor overall last season - but imo that was partly due to poor fitness and a lack of players running off the ball to create space and angles for passing. I think GB has tried to address this with his first signings.

I hope and pray you're right......he's got three years of a very,very lucrative contract left let's hope he produces and doesn't get involved in any more fan baiting on twitter. It was embarrassing.

I hope and pray you're right......he's got three years of a very,very lucrative contract left let's hope he produces and doesn't get involved in any more fan baiting on twitter. It was embarrassing.

That wasn't the real Etuhu account, just some tool who mugged everyone off, including myself.

Back to transfers, any new in the sunday papers on potential signings?

What about his atrocious first touch? Blame that on a niggling injury?.....the guy is @#/?.

The real Etuhu account also had a go at the fans.

I don't have a problem with this? Some of the moronic things the collective 'Barmy Armies,' not a brain cell between them, throw at players, I don't see why players can't throw some back within reason.

That wasn't the real Etuhu account, just some tool who mugged everyone off, including me

Not the bogus one - the one that tweeted *smiling* when he signed his mega deal. Verified and most certainly him.

I agree some of our fans tweet silly things at the players, especially after a poor performance. Still no excuse though imo.

Etuhu is very good friends with Murphy. Murphy infact recommended we signed him. If anyone thinks Murphy wants to be here after his wife's comments on twitter, they are mad. And if anyone thinks Murphy won't have his ear, they are mad too.

What about his atrocious first touch? Blame that on a niggling injury?.....the guy is @#/?.

Never said he was Hoddle - but for this division I did think his height and tackling ability would be very useful. This division is about horses for courses - obviously Murphy just isn't suited, personally I think Etuhu may be. Whether he is worth the big contract he is on, I would agree is very debateable.

A number of posters have pointed out to JAL that the players that he mentioned in his post are the sort that make up the bulk of Cardiff's, Hull's and Palaces's squads. He seems to accept this then goes on to post exactly the same stuff!

At the risk of seeming like a stalker, JAL seems to have a habit of writing off players and potential signings without a qualifying "in my opinion" or "I think" which grates a bit with me I suppose.

The point is, chaddy mentioned a set of Rovers midfield players. Then claimed they were good enough for your Cardiffs etc., yet when the guys mentioned played against your Cardiffs etc., they came out second best by a very long distance.

With this now becoming a do or bust season for Blackburn Rovers football club. Anything other than being the top dogs for the coming season will probably see the club fold or drop to an even lower level. So why accept the previous dross thats been on offer.

'Your Cardiff's' (Watford, Hull, Palace who all gave us a cuffing) had exceptional seasons whilst ours was desperately disappointing.

If you are seeking to blame Williamson, Lowe et al for last season then I reckon you are looking in the wrong place.

Both players could conceivably play their parts in a much improved season next term. As we have seen, players of their ilk have provided the backbone of successful Championship campaigns over recent seasons.

Fair enough, you don't rate them but you still haven't suggested realistic replacements (other than going on about 'Premier League' quality)

Archived