BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

Or maybe they're just spunking the increased TV money before they get it??

I can't see these two cocking it up, West ham are a team on the up, all about moving to a new level when they get to the Olympic stadium.

Pretty sure they will have plenty of backers, hell of alot of money around that part of London, new businesses and expensive apartments,

more being built everyday, for some of the worlds richest people.

Two very shrewd fellas and Sharon Brady to boot.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if we do manage to get rid of some of the waste here then we should be looking at some bosmans from the prem the ones that wont be snapped up by other prem teams.

nickey shorey is a decent defender.

alex pearce is a young lad who could learn a lot from bowyer

chris baird very experienced defender would love him here

Thomas hitzelberger - very strong midfielder

david jones - did well here the first time could partner hitzelberger

ryan shotton - decent defender for the championship

I can't see these two cocking it up, West ham are a team on the up, all about moving to a new level when they get to the Olympic stadium.

Pretty sure they will have plenty of backers, hell of alot of money around that part of London, new businesses and expensive apartments,

more being built everyday, for some of the worlds richest people.

Two very shrewd fellas and Sharon Brady to boot.

would that be karren brady

if we do manage to get rid of some of the waste here then we should be looking at some bosmans from the prem the ones that wont be snapped up by other prem teams.

nickey shorey is a decent defender.

alex pearce is a young lad who could learn a lot from bowyer

chris baird very experienced defender would love him here

Thomas hitzelberger - very strong midfielder

david jones - did well here the first time could partner hitzelberger

ryan shotton - decent defender for the championship

Pearce is linked with teams like Liverpool but the rest would be good.

Stoke fans don't like Shotton, they call him a Match of the Day player, but we're in the division below after all.

Hitzlsperger I can't see dropping down a division tbh.

Still think we should move for Jerome Thomas! Apparently he's in talks with three championship clubs with none other than Burnley being one of them. Surely we could prize him away from the Dingles?!

We should be keping any eye on clubs "released list" too , Villa have today let Richard Dunne and Eric Lichaj go , Dunne may be out of our salary range now and is probably still good enough for PL , Lichaj could be ok for us though

Jim Spence ‏@bbcjimspence 7m

David Goodwillie loan deal will not be done tonight but Dundee Utd still very hopeful of completing it this week.

Wonder who our front line will be next season?

Best and Forrester? With Gomes on the bench?

Jermaine Pennant on a free please.

We need players with the right mentality, he'd be another one on big wages without the drive and application. He wasn't the most motivated at the best of times.

I'd take Dean Whitehead if we had room on the wage bill, but I don't think we could justify adding him whilst Murphy and Etuhu are still here.

Chris O'grady....watch this space!!

maybe replacement for Gomes???

Is he a target man type of striker???

no thanks

I wouldn't mind Matt Upson on a free, did a good job at Brighton, and has more leadership skills than Dann, who could fetch a fee.

I am also wary that we haven't tied David Jones up yet. That needs to be a must.

Maybe Upson as Dann replacement if he leaves. but no bids for Dann so far as we know about?

wouldn't want Whitehead or Pennant tho.

Wonder if we would move for Wayne Bridge if we sold Olsson. doesn't look like QPR are signing Wayne Bridge btw after Redknapp rant yesterday at the owners and CEO there. Don't think Redknapp will be there come start of the season

I wouldn't mind Matt Upson on a free, did a good job at Brighton, and has more leadership skills than Dann, who could fetch a fee.

I am also wary that we haven't tied David Jones up yet. That needs to be a must.

I have been saying this for ages Jones needs to be tied up asap by far our best midfielder last year always put a good boot in & creatively did ok showed lots of energy in midfield scored one good goal this year and if it wasn't for the dirty cheating fouling Danny Shittuu going in 2 footed & the save from Forde vs the hooligans in Millwall would have scored the goal of the season and simply for his drive energy and ambition he should be an absolute neccessity. But for Upson we already have enough injury sick notes in Dunn etc.. we don't need to add another to our ranks.

Josh we already have enough bad apples with the likes of Orr, Murphs, etc... we don't need another also Pennant is 30 not getting any younger and I think if we did get Pennant the likes of King/Taylor might have something to say about that there are other more important priorites other positions need to be filled & there is no way with the wages Pennant would have been on could we afford to have the likes of Murphy, Etuhu & Pennant on the same wage bill someone would need to go first.

Wonder if we would move for Wayne Bridge if we sold Olsson. doesn't look like QPR are signing Wayne Bridge btw after Redknapp rant yesterday at the owners and CEO there. Don't think Redknapp will be there come start of the season

Bridge played really well last season but I thought he was on relatively high wages?

We need players with the right mentality

we need whatever players gary bowyer thinks will fit into his team and flourish, end of. can`t believe all the has-beens craved for on this thread?, thomas?, bramble?, pennant? bridge? etc

these all come under the same catagory as murphy and etuhu, playing out their days at half pace on premier league wages. bowyer won`t fall into the trap of recruiting players like this imo based on past reputation.

i`m confident bowyer will build a mainly young vibrant team, with experience where it`s needed. to be honest, we don`t need many more brought in than what we already now have(assuming nobody leaves) after the recruitment of eastwood, judge and taylor.

we need whatever players gary bowyer thinks will fit into his team and flourish, end of. can`t believe all the has-beens craved for on this thread? upson?, thomas?, bramble?, pennant? bridge? etc

these all come under the same catagory as murphy and etuhu, playing out their days at half pace on premier league wages. bowyer won`t fall into the trap of recruiting players like this imo based on past reputation.

I would agree with all of that but, if we lose Dann, I would like us to see if we could get Richard Dunne from Villa.

I would agree with all of that but, if we lose Dann, I would like us to see if we could get Richard Dunne from Villa.

ok, i`ve altered that, as centre backs generally are at their best in their 30`s, so upson or dunne or both would suit me, yes. it`s the one area you should definatly have experience at centre back imo. perhaps in one of the centre midfield berths too. jones would cover that, but i still feel we could do better than him, he`s sooo one footed it`s embarrassing.

Archived