BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

He's quick and got a good goal scoring record. He'd do well in this league.

He wouldn't be for me but Bowyer is a better judge than I am and if he wants him and we can get him, fair enough.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is from the bottom of a Daily Express article about Benteke possibly leaving Villa.

"Blackburn boss Gary Bowyer is in talks with free agent David Jones about a two-year deal with Rovers.

Jones spent time on loan at Ewood Park towards the end of last season before returning to Wigan. Now, after failing to land a new deal, the midfielder is looking for a new club."

Linked with nahki wells in the people today. Talented young player.

He fits the profile Bowyer was quoted as targetting in the LT. 'young and hungry' i think was the phrase. Exactly what we should be doing. Buy potential and sell for a profit down the line is how a club our size should operate.

He fits the profile Bowyer was quoted as targetting in the LT. 'young and hungry' i think was the phrase. Exactly what we should be doing. Buy potential and sell for a profit down the line is how a club our size should operate.

David Dunn was "young and hungry."

who would fans like to see Rhodes if he does leave?

Sharp from Southampton?

Le Fondre from Reading?

Wells from Bradford?

Madden from Yeovil?

Mackail Smith from Brighton?

please add other names then them five players.

Bowyer/McPhillips have been in Spain scouting players. wonder who and what positions he been looking at

I don't think they are that bothered. Pretty sure that their stats without him towards the end of last season showed an upturn in form, oddly.

Can you imagine the jeers of Agent Austin?

who would fans like to see Rhodes if he does leave?

Sharp from Southampton?

Le Fondre from Reading?

Wells from Bradford?

Madden from Yeovil?

Mackail Smith from Brighton?

please add other names then them five players.

Bowyer/McPhillips have been in Spain scouting players. wonder who and what positions he been looking at

Honestly I'd put Best as the main striker and get a loan player in ad backup. Someone like Helguson if Cardiff don't want him permanently.

I'd use the money to buy a couple of quality midfielders instead. I think a forward like of Best, Goodwillie, Helguson, Rochina and Gomes would be enough with a good midfield behind them.

I would buy Wells and play him with Best.

Best has target man and Wells with his pace trying to get in behind.

maybe Bowyer will find some players in Spain to bring in. there scouting this weekend

Not sure Bowyer wants to play that style of football. It's very outdated. Best with two wide strikers either side of him would be better. Two from King, Rochina and a new signing with the money. Then get a quality central player to combine with Jones and Williamson who can chip in with goals. Maybe McGugan from Forest.

Best as a main striker frightens the life out of me, he's never a target man either.

Then we play football that doesn't require a target man. That's what most teams do nowadays. Best and Rhodes are a terrible combination so we never got to see what Best can do.

Then we play football that doesn't require a target man. That's what most teams do nowadays. Best and Rhodes are a terrible combination so we never got to see what Best can do.

The comment on him never being a target man was in response to chaddy, LeC.

Although your suggestion does sound good in principle, I just don't think it will translate successfully on the pitch with Best. Not from what he's shown so far anyway. I just hope he wasn't fully fit, that wasn't his best etc (no pun intended).

I'm not going to write the guy off or anything but I just think going into a season with him as our 'main' striker could prove disastrous. This is not what I was saying last summer though so who knows maybe in 12 months I could be eating my words again.

The comment on him never being a target man was in response to chaddy, LeC.

Although your suggestion does sound good in principle, I just don't think it will translate successfully on the pitch with Best. Not from what he's shown so far anyway. I just hope he wasn't fully fit, that wasn't his best etc (no pun intended).

I'm not going to write the guy off or anything but I just think going into a season with him as our 'main' striker could prove disastrous. This is not what I was saying last summer though so who knows maybe in 12 months I could be eating my words again.

Best has a career strike rate of a goal every 4.36 games.

Not sure Bowyer wants to play that style of football. It's very outdated. Best with two wide strikers either side of him would be better. Two from King, Rochina and a new signing with the money. Then get a quality central player to combine with Jones and Williamson who can chip in with goals. Maybe McGugan from Forest.

I agree somewhat that playing a target man is outdated but sometimes in the championship he need a target man when losing games.

would like to see 4-2-3-1 with Rochina in number 10 role with a goalscorer striker up front and King and Taylor/Judge on the wing.

this coming season think we will see 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 being play by Bowyer. would like us to play a more of passing style of play aswell.

McGugan would be very good signing if we could get him. cant see Forest selling him tho

Archived