BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

Souness brought in players like John Curtis to get us out of this league the last time, then binned him off almost immediately when we got promoted, because he wouldn't be enough in the Prem. We have to do that again.

I think a lot of people miss that point. We just need players who can get us out of this division. All promoted clubs do this over a pretty short period of time.

If you look at Norwich (Whittaker, Turner, Bassong, Garrido, Howson, Johnson, Snodgrass, Becchio, Van Wolfswinkel) and Swansea (Vorm, Tiendalli, Chico, De Guzman, Ki, Hernandez, Michu) - they've both bought almost entirely new starting elevens in < 24 months. Southampton and West Ham will probably replace a fair few of theirs this summer as well.

Bramble is a hell of a lot better than what we have already. My main concern is the allegations against him.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies if its been mentioned on here but I've just seen that the triple signing of Eastwood, Judge and Taylor has been confirmed on the official site. Surely time for a few to bugger off?

Murphy, Bentley and Pedersen first out the door hopefully. They can take the Portugesers with them (apart from Nunes). Add that to the likes of Formica, Orr and Robinson.

We can trim the wage bill so much without losing much quality. Overpaid has beens and overpaid 'never have beens'

Apologies if its been mentioned on here but I've just seen that the triple signing of Eastwood, Judge and Taylor has been confirmed on the official site. Surely time for a few to bugger off?

Lets hope the club can show a lot more ambition as the summer goes on than they have with these three.

Lets hope the club can show a lot more ambition as the summer goes on than they have with these three.

They showed so called ambition last season with signings on big money such as Murphy , best , kazim Richards etc and look where that got us! These are the exactly the type of signings we need hardworking and hungry players with enough talent to shine in the championship. Not overpaid prem players with big egos. You get out of this division by being hardworking and hard to beat. Add that to the quality of Rhodes and we have half a chance

They showed so called ambition last season with signings on big money such as Murphy , best , kazim Richards etc and look where that got us! These are the exactly the type of signings we need hardworking and hungry players with enough talent to shine in the championship. Not overpaid prem players with big egos. You get out of this division by being hardworking and hard to beat. Add that to the quality of Rhodes and we have half a chance

WTF ! They had absolutely no ambition last season as they kept Steve Kean in the managers role.

WTF ! They had absolutely no ambition last season as they kept Steve Kean in the managers role.

I don't think Venkys understand the importance of a manager, or even the role. They keep talking about and recruiting coaches for the job. I think this is a function of the business plan (develop talent and sell it off) which I head mutterings about earlier in their reign of misrule.

My mates and father in law are Bolton fans and they reckon Mills is an absolute donkey...if Dann and Givet go they'll Prob fetch 4m in fees plus 60k a week in wages. It looks like we're going to sign Evatt but I'd prob look to buy Harry Maguire from Sheffield Utd. In fact he'd be my only purchase of the window with Eastwood, Evatt, Crainey, Jones, Judge and Taylor on freebies and much less wages and Kane and Wickham in on loan.

Looking to get rid of Robbo, ollsen, Dann, Henrique, peds, Rosado, Formica, Goodwillie and any ressys/youth team not cutting the mustard.

Iv not mentioned Gomes and Murphy as no one will take them off our hands on their wages!!

We'd have a squad like this-ish...

Gk - Kean, Eastwood, Usai

RB- Orr, Kane

CB- Hanley, Maguire, Evatt, o'connell

Lb- Henley, Crainey, Morris

CM- Etuhu, Williamson, jones, Lowe

Wingers- Taylor,Judge,Rochina,Ollsen,king

Am-Dunn, Edwards, Rochina, Gomes

Cf - Rhodes, best, Wickham

Spending 3 mil on best and 8 million on Rhodes isn't ambitious then? Your comments on this message board show you to be priority clueless. You complaining about us signing good young hungry players with plenty to prove. Would you like us to throw more money at so called big names? Rhodes was the only good signing last season. The club needs to get rid of deadwood and bring in players who will put a shift in not stroll around thinking there 2 good for the championship

Spending 3 mil on best and 8 million on Rhodes isn't ambitious then? Your comments on this message board show you to be priority clueless. You complaining about us signing good young hungry players with plenty to prove. Would you like us to throw more money at so called big names? Rhodes was the only good signing last season. The club needs to get rid of deadwood and bring in players who will put a shift in not stroll around thinking there 2 good for the championship

they were that abitioius with their ad-hoc transfer policy that they used 5 untested and largely clueless managers as glue to bind it together.

I think a lot of people miss that point. We just need players who can get us out of this division. All promoted clubs do this over a pretty short period of time.

If you look at Norwich (Whittaker, Turner, Bassong, Garrido, Howson, Johnson, Snodgrass, Becchio, Van Wolfswinkel) and Swansea (Vorm, Tiendalli, Chico, De Guzman, Ki, Hernandez, Michu) - they've both bought almost entirely new starting elevens in < 24 months. Southampton and West Ham will probably replace a fair few of theirs this summer as well.

Bramble is a hell of a lot better than what we have already. My main concern is the allegations against him.

A hell of a lot better than Dann and Hanley? Seems like that was maybe our one strength last year.

Edit: Obvious apart from Rhodes

sorry i'm trying to play catch-up ... Crainey ? Evatt? ... the Blackpool players ? .. have we / are we signing these?

Haven't signed either yet but both are targets as on free transfers. Bowyers has coached Evatt before at derby youth so he knows the player well. I think both would be decent signings but if we sign craney that would indicate Martin ollson is off

From Sky's website:-

Sky Sports understands a number of clubs are tracking out-of-contract Doncaster Rovers defender Tommy Spurr.

Blackburn, Reading, Derby, Ipswich and Birmingham are all interested in the left-back, whose current deal with Rovers expires this summer.

From Sky's website:-

Sky Sports understands a number of clubs are tracking out-of-contract Doncaster Rovers defender Tommy Spurr.

Blackburn, Reading, Derby, Ipswich and Birmingham are all interested in the left-back, whose current deal with Rovers expires this summer.

Blimey! Never heard of him. Sounds more Melchester Rovers than Doncaster Rovers.

Not the big signings but a much more sensible approach to building the squad remember we are in the championship and signing players that other championship teams also want early and cheap to build a squad is a better approach than signing a bunch of portugeezers who do not suit the division.

i like the sound of these potential signings, they are realistic and what is required right now. you need a balance of graft and quality, and i feel we have close to enough quality already, we just need the willing workers to compliment them.

i`m fairly excited personally about next season under bowyer.

looking at the teams who were much better than us last year I am intrigued by the fact that I knew very little about the quality of most of their players!

Rhodes success in the championship also reiterates the quality coming out of League one. The signings of Taylor and Judge are far from just solid signings. Both players are much more likely to be very effective in the championship than most of our players!

Hopefully, most of our supporters will have accepted that we need the players to get out of the league before we can think about the premiership.

Q - how many of the Cardiff, Hull and Palace team did we know before this season?

There are gems out there and for GB to pluck Taylor and Judge up for free shows that he knows what he's doing..impressive!!

looking at the teams who were much better than us last year I am intrigued by the fact that I knew very little about the quality of most of their players!

Rhodes success in the championship also reiterates the quality coming out of League one. The signings of Taylor and Judge are far from just solid signings. Both players are much more likely to be very effective in the championship than most of our players!

Hopefully, most of our supporters will have accepted that we need the players to get out of the league before we can think about the premiership.

Q - how many of the Cardiff, Hull and Palace team did we know before this season?

There are gems out there and for GB to pluck Taylor and Judge up for free shows that he knows what he's doing..impressive!!

Have you seen these lads play regularly to make this assessment Mani or is it just blind optimism.

i like the sound of these potential signings, they are realistic and what is required right now. you need a balance of graft and quality, and i feel we have close to enough quality already, we just need the willing workers to compliment them.

Well, I don't. I realise that they might be realistic but we're just adapting for a long life in the lower leagues. Before we know it we'll have replaced Rhodes with Kevin Phillips.

As long as I get to watch a few more games next season and Bowyer keeps giving our youngsters a run-out I can live happily with life in the Championship though. But as for gaining promotion back to the Premier League, no signings or potential signings so far give me the confidence of that happening next season.

mmmmm...... i sort of agree with you i cans see where the graft is but where's the quality coming from? are you absolutely convinced that the few quality players we have will still be with us come September 1st

Archived