BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Chaddys comment;

'would like to see 4-2-3-1 with Rochina in number 10 role with a goalscorer striker up front and King and Taylor/Judge on the wing'

Makes me wonder if Bowyer is in Spain to try and convince Rochina to stay for next season, as well as look at potential targets (?)

Kean

Lowe, Dann, Hanley, Olsson

Taylor, Brunt, Judge

King, Rochina

Rhodes

I Think we should play with King and Rochina as wingers to Rhodes.

What we should invest in now is a really good defensive midfelder. I would take Chris Brunt.

Here we would have some running in midfeld and some running from fullbacks.

Kean

Lowe, Dann, Hanley, Olsson

Taylor, Brunt, Judge

King, Rochina

Rhodes

I Think we should play with King and Rochina as wingers to Rhodes.

What we should invest in now is a really good defensive midfelder. I would take Chris Brunt.

Here we would have some running in midfeld and some running from fullbacks.

He wouldn't join but Brunt isn't a defensive midfielder. Also, Lowe over Henley?

Williamson and Jones will be important next year.

Suggested him previously Glen, a few points that he'd struggled with injuries recently. He has won the championship golden boot before so knows this league well.

I agree , Yakubu had a few injuries and reinvented himself at rovers . If he can prove fitness he could be a good signing for a few teams in championship

Wouldn't mind Ebanks Blake on a free and hunt too .

Blake is 1 in 3 goal scorer and a new set of surroundings on a free ain't the worst move in the world .

Low risk , with a point to prove

Could be a good signing. And I doubt he has major injury problems, played in 40 games in the league and 2675 minutes. Worth the gamble.

I agree somewhat that playing a target man is outdated but sometimes in the championship he need a target man when losing games.

would like to see 4-2-3-1 with Rochina in number 10 role with a goalscorer striker up front and King and Taylor/Judge on the wing.

this coming season think we will see 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 being play by Bowyer. would like us to play a more of passing style of play aswell.

McGugan would be very good signing if we could get him. cant see Forest selling him tho

Mcgugan is on a free, his contract ox up but I would imagine his wages will be very high!!

Totally agree with Chaddy on this...I am going to make a suggestion now and Ill grab my tin hat before I do. I feel that sometimes Rhodes limits us as an attacking force. Yes he scores goals but when he doesn't its litterally like playing with 10 men. The rest of his game is pretty abysmal and nothing seems to stick.

I genuinely don't want us to sell him but if we get the right money and GB buys some genuine pace and power up there ill be relatively happy...

There is the question of replacing his 30 goals a season but that is GB's job!!

I agree , Yakubu had a few injuries and reinvented himself at rovers . If he can prove fitness he could be a good signing for a few teams in championship

Ebanks Blake is a very good shout/ Proven in this league.

I don't think that it is possible to replace Rhodes 30 goals with one player but it may be possible to get in 2 strikers who can bag 15 goals each.

• Backroom

Agree on that Kamy and that can see you in better stead. Ebanks Blake and Mcuigan in along with a cheeky swoop for Austin would possibly see us better off

We should go for Robert cornthwaite a 6,6ft cb who also plays full back and gets his fair share of goals, he is an Australian international bu was born in blackburn and is looking for a move to the championship this season.

Wouldn't mind Ebanks Blake on a free and hunt too .

Blake is 1 in 3 goal scorer and a new set of surroundings on a free ain't the worst move in the world .

Low risk , with a point to prove

Sako instead of Hunt.

I wouldn't touch Ebanks blake with a barge poll, he's not what he used to be and he's had some injury issues in recent years. 1 league goal in his last season in the prem and 14 last year, not bad but he's not the blake of old. The other issue is that if Rhodes goes we need a player who can hold the ball up and play in the air, that's not Ebanks-Blake.

Mcgugan would be a decent shout but Cardiff want him and are moving quickly for him.

I think Ebanks Blake is far too much of a gamble personally, the guy is so injury prone and worryingly is only 27. If you are that injury prone at that age I think it's fair to suggest that he is only going to break down more as he gets older.

So we have added 3 players so far to our already heavily bloated wage bill? Where are the outgoings?

Archived