BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

I get snippets of info from people who work in football in thd northwest and O'grady is one who we are interested in so I'm told..iv watched him at Rochdale and Barnsley and he offers far more than Just goals...he also has perm offers from other Champ clubs..Hudds have big money to spend this season so watch this space!!

For those of u looking at ex-prem, high earners such as Upson, Pennant etc my opinion is that ul be let down because it appears GB knows what he's doing and can spot a player from the lower leagues...Taylor from Millwall is a GREAT signing and I think the rest will come in his mould..

Only my opinion based on some decent info..please don't shoot the messenger, I'm a genuine fan and I guess time will tell.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Signing PL players is not the way we should go. Whitehead could be exception as he is a work horse.

Signing players who are better than this division, IS, the way to go !

Surely if you want success.

Based on what evidence? Swansea, Norwich, Southampton, Reading etc all say that you are incorrect.

Depends on the mind set of the player as some one said Whitehead would be a good signing as he is someone who always gives his all he has always been that way not the most thecnically sound but willing to battle

Have to agree, if you got signing a bunch of Billy big bananas looking for a final pay day (Murphy ect) then it's no going to work but if you go for someone that really does still have the talent and just wants drop a level to lessen the load or get game time then I think your on to a winner

Depends on the mind set of the player as some one said Whitehead would be a good signing as he is someone who always gives his all he has always been that way not the most thecnically sound but willing to battle

Signing players who are better than this division, IS, the way to go !

Surely if you want success.

Yes it's important to sign players who are capable of getting you out of the championship but it boils down to what GB's opinion of that is...

Personally having seen Cardiff, Hull and Palace go up this season and not know 3/4 of their squads I began to believe that there was a lot of talent outside the PL. Added to this theory are success stories such as Rhodes and half the Villa side!!

My opinion is this...of course you need quality in every team hence why GB is trying to get Rochina back and keep Rhodes. BUT the major thing that you need in a game by game basis as they roll in thick and fast is hunger...hunger to go again and again, hunger to want to prove yourself, hunger to want to win every challenge or get on the end of a cross. I don't believe that former PL stars in their early 30's have this hunger and that's why they don't succeed...

Unlike a talented league one player who thanks his lucky stars everyday that Rovers took a punt on him and dreams of the PL..

Just my opinion

Hunger is the key word. A year ago I thought it was great to make Murphy type of signings. We need players who have high work morale and are not here for the pay check. We also need much more pace. Never seen Chris Taylor in action but many here seems to think he has high work morsle and pace. Of course the players must also be good enough.

I think there are a couple players who have been released by PL sides who would do a very good job for us.

Dean Hammond - Released by Southampton and played most of the season as the destroyer in Brightons midfield. Championship is his level but in the last 3 seasons he's won promotion twice and made the play offs.

Chris Baird - Released by Fulham. Really honest pro. Very versatile and the type of player who is consistently decent if not spectacular. No big ego and would put a shift in.

I'd also like us to look at Leigh Griffiths from Wolves. Probably not a starter at this stage of his career but he scores goals and is highly thought of.

O'Neil is 33 years old isnt he?

Hammond would be decent signing but Jones seems to be the one Bowyer wants to sign.

Jones, Williamson, Lowe, Etuhu and Dunn should be enough in centre midfield.

If that was our CM options come August I'd be very worried.

If that was our CM options come August I'd be very worried.

we need a solid centre midfield.

Cardiff, Hull and Palace had a solid centre midfield and all got promoted.

Jones, Williamson, Lowe are good enough for this league.

I would like to see us sign Crewe Luke Murphy this summer if we can get rid of Danny Murphy and Etuhu.

our biggest problem is getting rid of players Bowyer doesnt want. we cant be signing players and increase the wage bill and not selling the players we dont want

I'm still undecided about Etuhu, I think its down to where his head is at, if he is now happy here and wants to get stuck in next year then I think he could play a vital role defensively(depending on how the teams set up), if not then he needs off loading somehow as he seems to big a personality to have moping about the place whinging.

Realistically by signing in more players we desperately need to shed the wood in the size of the squad. Need at least 10 players leaving, 15 would be perfect.

We don't need the likes of,

Formica, Robinson, Givet, Murphy, Gomes, Edinho, Rosado, Jorge, Henrique, Orr, Ribiero, Slew, Marcuss O. Would even be prepared to let Martin O, and Goodwillie go for some sort of fee.

We already have 3 players coming in, with Jones also a target we need to desperately let a large proportion of the squad go.

• Moderation Lead

Jones really struggled against Watford away so what makes him good in your eyes.

Perhaps all his other appearances including a debut goal from the bench?

At any rate, we need grafters and workhorses. Not ex PL showponies after a final pay day, though I'm fairly sure I'm not the first one to mention that....

O'Neil is 33 years old isnt he?

Hammond would be decent signing but Jones seems to be the one Bowyer wants to sign.

Jones, Williamson, Lowe, Etuhu and Dunn should be enough in centre midfield.

Disagree totally, we went into last season thinking Murphy, Etuhu, Dunn and Lowe would 'be enough.'

Jones is good enough but hasn't signed, Williamson is good enough, Dunn is injury prone and plays further forward, Etuhu was terrible last year and Lowe is nowhere near good enough.

Even if Jones signs, which we need to do ASAP, we need at least 1 extra central midfielder, if not another if we can shift someone.

We need to look to start dominate games in the middle, not just be happy to just get by.

Disagree totally, we went into last season thinking Murphy, Etuhu, Dunn and Lowe would 'be enough.'

Jones is good enough but hasn't signed, Williamson is good enough, Dunn is injury prone and plays further forward, Etuhu was terrible last year and Lowe is nowhere near good enough.

Even if Jones signs, which we need to do ASAP, we need at least 1 extra central midfielder, if not another if we can shift someone.

We need to look to start dominate games in the middle, not just be happy to just get by.

who's we , I thought we'd be relegated again going into last season with the squad we had.

the pretend manager at the time may have thought it a worldy squad surely no one else did.

we need a minimum 7 brand new faces as regular 1st 11 players to challenge......none of last seasons midield required.

4 midfielders, center half, striker, left back minimum

Archived