BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

Adam Blacklaw as well!!

Usually there was a buffer club or two between ex Burnley players and a Rovers career..the other way around as well.

Johnny Price is probably still my favourite ex Claret. Anyone remember that 30-35 yard shot into the Darwen End goal-against Bradford?...1972 -ish.

I never liked the idea of Keith Newton winning the 2nd Division title with Burnley around the same time....My sense is that in my era we have taken more ex Clarets then they have taken ex Rovers. Maybe they are bit like Glasgow Rangers, refusing to employ Catholics! There's only one religion...Discuss!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea if there is any truth in the rumours. For what it is worth a couple of seasons back I was a big fan but he then had a fairly serious knee injury and didn't ever seem to quite come back from that fully. He's certainly lacked something this last 18 months or so - whether a change of scenery will be enough I'm not sure.

I'd agree with that. I thought he had the makings of a good midfielder a year or two back. Never been the same since his injury. I'd give him a swerve, we've got enough injury prone players as it is.

I'd agree with that. I thought he had the makings of a good midfielder a year or two back. Never been the same since his injury. I'd give him a swerve, we've got enough injury prone players as it is.

He's not 'missed' many since he came back - just seemed to be 'missing' in many.

He also seemed to score more than he does today - had a real habit of popping up at the back post to score with head or a decent left foot.

Agree with those saying Dann isn't all that good. Always looks a fair weather defender to me - looks ok when we're on top and in control, but when we're not boy he struggles and makes some silly mistakes. Poor anticipation, easily roughed up, not a great tackler. Granted he had a bit of an upturn towards the end of the season, but still nowhere near good enough for the wages he's on.

What makes it more frustrating is we have the talented Givet to play and could get rid of Dann and get a decent cb as cover at a fraction of the price. Even if Givet isn't an option (for whatever reason) I'm sure we could get better quality than Dann for the wages he's on/fee he'd command. Only think that may give Dann a stay of respite imo is the fact there are other areas of the team which need working on more.

I hope Cardiff don't get involved in bidding starts.

This is where we start to find out what it's like on the other side of the fence.

Let's hope we can convince him (and his agent) that first team football is on the way rather than him sit in a PL reserve team.

This is where we start to find out what it's like on the other side of the fence.

Let's hope we can convince him (and his agent) that first team football is on the way rather than him sit in a PL reserve team.

Call me cynical but this sounds like an agent trying to get his client a big new contract...

Call me cynical but this sounds like an agent trying to get his client a big new contract...

We'll see. Captain of England U-19s is a pretty big shop window for a young player.

The ones that you've mentioned.

Lewis McGugan is goalscoring/Playmaker Centre Midfielder. seen him pay for forest few times and is someone who I think could be mid table PL player if he develops and played under a manager who will use him in the correct way.

El-Abd is a Brighton Centre Back who has experience at Championship and would be a goodish replacement for Dann if he leaves.

we also have up and coming centre backs in O'Connell and Edwards who looks very good prospects for us after speaking to some people who have seen them played which I haven't personally. hoping to do so in Pre season matches tho

He's a good lad good left peg, decent reading of the game, powerful quick but not so good in the air. Might be a better left back but he wants to be a cb. We've been this side of the fence since Jack died Stuart its just now there's even more teams on the other side

Chaddy you once asked me to stop making cheeky comments it's now time to return the favour. please stop mentioning the same three players as they are all going to better clubs than us or already are, it's fruitless.

He's a good lad good left peg, decent reading of the game, powerful quick but not so good in the air. Might be a better left back but he wants to be a cb. We've been this side of the fence since Jack died Stuart its just now there's even more teams on the other side

Maybe but now we are in the next field.

We've become used to losing our best players to better teams but not our better youngster off to play in the reserves at another club.

Possibly I'm wrong - it happens - and maybe he'll drop straight into the first team squad at a Norwich or West Brom. I'd sooner that than simply have our talent turned into chum for big fish.

Chaddy you once asked me to stop making cheeky comments it's now time to return the favour. please stop mentioning the same three players as they are all going to better clubs than us or already are, it's fruitless.

McGugan and El Abd are both out of contract this summer, so we don't know where they will end up signing for, hope we are talking to their agents about coming to Rovers. But I'm not saying we will defo sign them tho. Majiball, you don't know who they are signing for, so acting like you do know.

Lets see how the summer transfer window goes for us. Think so far we have signed 2 good players in Judge and Taylor.

I think Dann is what he is ... a solid championship player

So solid that hes statuesque when that ball comes floating over his head. Thank our lucky stars that many of the players in the championship were'nt very clinical in their finishing.

Time to offload Dann. Just hope GB offloads Orr aswell.

Lewis McGugan is goalscoring/Playmaker Centre Midfielder. seen him pay for forest few times and is someone who I think could be mid table PL player if he develops and played under a manager who will use him in the correct way.

El-Abd is a Brighton Centre Back who has experience at Championship and would be a goodish replacement for Dann if he leaves.

we also have up and coming centre backs in O'Connell and Edwards who looks very good prospects for us after speaking to some people who have seen them played which I haven't personally. hoping to do so in Pre season matches tho

Cheers Chaddy but hasnt majiball highlighted the weaknesses of O'Connell and Edwards.

So solid that hes statuesque when that ball comes floating over his head. Thank our lucky stars that many of the players in the championship were'nt very clinical in their finishing.

Time to offload Dann. Just hope GB offloads Orr aswell.

Cheers Chaddy but hasnt majiball highlighted the weaknesses of O'Connell and Edwards.

but they will have weaknesses at that age but more the play more the improve Jal.

Lucas Neill is a free agent, can play across the back four. 35 but still captain for Australia, he even scored tonight against Jordan. 1 year deal?

lol i'd love to see his wage demands, they don't call him Lucash for nothing :)

but they will have weaknesses at that age but more the play more the improve Jal.

Your right chaddy cant argue with that. But the first team have to win, win, win for promotion. So is it fair to throw them in to the first team when the expectations would exceed their current capabilities.

Archived