BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vaughan joining would just make me suspicious about Rhodes.

I hope not personally. Think Rhodes and Vaughan would be a decent partnership for me.

But maybe Bowyer wants Vaughan in as a replacement Rhodes does leave or is coming in for Best or Goodwillie/Gomes

A bit injury prone, career record of a goal every 4.24 games, which is only slightly better than Leon Best 4.36.

Everton expected great things of this lad but his career never really took-off like it should have done, probably due to his injury record.

Yeah but last season his performances was good and his scoring ratio was 1 goal every 2.4 games.

Dale Jennings has gone to Barnsley for £250k

Not sure if its been mentioned or not

good move for him. He needs to play every week and develop his game.

Couldn't see him playing with King, Taylor and Judge in front of him

If Olsson does leave wonder if we will move for Stephen Crainey(linked to us a couple of weeks ago) who is on a free or just play Morris or Marcus Olsson or Henley there if Kane is coming back on loan

I hope not personally. Think Rhodes and Vaughan would be a decent partnership for me.

They'd be bloody awful! Neither would create for the other, neither would drop deep to find space, neither runs the channels.

But maybe Bowyer wants Vaughan in as a replacement Rhodes does leave or is coming in for Best or Goodwillie/Gomes

Yeah but last season his performances was good and his scoring ratio was 1 goal every 2.4 games.

If Olsson does leave wonder if we will move for Stephen Crainey(linked to us a couple of weeks ago) who is on a free or just play Morris or Marcus Olsson or Henley there if Kane is coming back on loan

Not overly fussed if Olsson goes, I think Vaughan is good but other positions are bigger priorities. Henley is a right back, and better than Kane, whilst Markus is nowhere near good enough, nor is Morris. Crainey could be an OK signing, and we could maybe play Givet there too as cover.

They'd be bloody awful! Neither would create for the other, neither would drop deep to find space, neither runs the channels.

Not sure I agree with that. Rhodes scores goals, and Vaughan, whilst not being the ideal person to do the running, is still quick and strong and could threaten in behind.

To call them bloody awful together is way over the top.

However, I'd like to see us play 4-2-3-1 as it suits us better. A bit worrying that the Jones deal has seemingly gone quiet.

Yet another transfer window of opportunity it is then to dumb down the quality of the Blackburn Rovers first team playin

g squad.

I'm pretty sure i could guess the reaction to this suggestion, but i'll put it out there anyway. Danny Haynes from Charlton. Contract expired and looks like he's moving on despite Charlton wanting to keep hold of him. From the times i've seen him play he is quick and neat and tidy. He'll never be prolific but he could strike up a partnership with Rhodes should he give us another season. I know he was very highly thought of when he came through at Ipswich. Maybe a little to similar to King?

I'm pretty sure i could guess the reaction to this suggestion, but i'll put it out there anyway. Danny Haynes from Charlton. Contract expired and looks like he's moving on despite Charlton wanting to keep hold of him. From the times i've seen him play he is quick and neat and tidy. He'll never be prolific but he could strike up a partnership with Rhodes should he give us another season. I know he was very highly thought of when he came through at Ipswich. Maybe a little to similar to King?

Pretty soon, we'll have the best team in League One... ;)

I thought Glen Keeley talked a lot of sense in LT today, particularly when he said we needed to bring in a couple of quality players

who will make a difference in this league, I think he sees it a bit like many of us on here, the squad is a bit average, although I think

we can expect a bit more effort and organisation next season under Bowyer after a full pre- season.

We ain't going to finish in the top 6 just through hard work though imo.

Just a point for discussion Stu. Lets be honest here, if our signings thus far are anything to go by then freebies are the order of the day.

A lighthearted comment, PV, but if we keep buying players from League One, that's where we'll end up. We need a balance - and that means experience (ideally of success/play-offs) in the Championship.

Maybe we can loan that experience but we must have enough League One level players by now? Phase 2 needs to be finding buyers or new deals (elsewhere) for the rotting corpses we are stuck with.

If Venkys have any money they would do well to not spend it offering a new contract to Dunny and put it towards buying out some of out deadwood contract and allow GB to re-build. The trouble is, if we don't win promotion this season, then we are going to have to start cutting our cloth accordingly which, under normal circumstances, would mean administration and relegation.

I thought the same when i read the article. He seemed very tuned in with whats going on. My big concern is that the club simply can't afford the quality thats needed anymore. Last season was basically all or nothing. This season the blind hope is pinned on GB assembling a squad who can achieve through desire and the quality will have to come from those deemed to have talent who are already at the club. I can't see us signing anyone this summer who will actually improve the technical quality of the side. Any incomings will be grafters or cheap gambles and the plan will be to get the squad fitter and hope to sneak in to the play offs. My expectations for Rovers are practically non existent nowadays.

A lighthearted comment, PV, but if we keep buying players from League One, that's where we'll end up. We need a balance - and that means experience (ideally of success/play-offs) in the Championship.

Maybe we can loan that experience but we must have enough League One level players by now? Phase 2 needs to be finding buyers or new deals (elsewhere) for the rotting corpses we are stuck with.

If Venkys have any money they would do well to not spend it offering a new contract to Dunny and put it towards buying out some of out deadwood contract and allow GB to re-build. The trouble is, if we don't win promotion this season, then we are going to have to start cutting our cloth accordingly which, under normal circumstances, would mean administration and relegation.

I'm fairly certain the cloth cutting has already begun Stu.

But if that was the case, how are we still paying Murphy, Etuhu, Robinson et als wages. The money for this is coming from somewhere. Parachute payments, probably. But the real cut will come when we need to stop paying these people and no-one else will take them off our hands. Probably into a situation similar to when (amongst other player moves) Robbie Fowler moved from Leeds United to Man City and Leeds were still were paying most of his wages!

Our cloth will be cut around our gate receipts and Football League TV money. It's not going to provide much modesty. Once that happens, we are going to be in trouble. The fact that we haven't already popped suggests that the final "all in" call has gone up with what's left of the parachute payments and we are on our last life. Either that or Mercer is right and Venkys will be gone before the start of the season. If Rhodes leaves, it would certainly point towards recouping some of their outlay. In my opinion, of course.

I thought the same when i read the article. He seemed very tuned in with whats going on. My big concern is that the club simply can't afford the quality thats needed anymore. Last season was basically all or nothing. This season the blind hope is pinned on GB assembling a squad who can achieve through desire and the quality will have to come from those deemed to have talent who are already at the club. I can't see us signing anyone this summer who will actually improve the technical quality of the side. Any incomings will be grafters or cheap gambles and the plan will be to get the squad fitter and hope to sneak in to the play offs. My expectations for Rovers are practically non existent nowadays.

I was thinking maybe a couple of class players on season long loans,

they'd need to be good pros with the right attitude though.

But if that was the case, how are we still paying Murphy, Etuhu, Robinson et als wages. The money for this is coming from somewhere. Parachute payments, probably. But the real cut will come when we need to stop paying these people and no-one else will take them off our hands. Probably into a situation similar to when (amongst other player moves) Robbie Fowler moved from Leeds United to Man City and Leeds were still were paying most of his wages!

Our cloth will be cut around our gate receipts and Football League TV money. It's not going to provide much modesty. Once that happens, we are going to be in trouble. The fact that we haven't already popped suggests that the final "all in" call has gone up with what's left of the parachute payments and we are on our last life. Either that or Mercer is right and Venkys will be gone before the start of the season. If Rhodes leaves, it would certainly point towards recouping some of their outlay. In my opinion, of course.

I guess we'll see the extent of any cut backs by the end of August. Whatever happens the future doesn't look too rosy. Thats why i thought i'd bring some cheer to be board with the Danny Haynes suggestion!! :rock:

I guess we'll see the extent of any cut backs by the end of August. Whatever happens the future doesn't look too rosy. Thats why i thought i'd bring some cheer to be board with the Danny Haynes suggestion!! :rock:

At least he'll have a good engine...

At least he'll have a good engine...

Thing is though, loads of defenders can read him like a book!

We have to think further than just making do or just going up through the play offs this season, with the way the squad has been watered down if we do get promoted we will need to spend 100 million + or spend an eternity imitating a yoyo. It cannot be a case of such and such a player will do good in the championship but would be useless in the premiership.

We have to think further than just making do or just going up through the play offs this season, with the way the squad has been watered down if we do get promoted we will need to spend 100 million + or spend an eternity imitating a yoyo. It cannot be a case of such and such a player will do good in the championship but would be useless in the premiership.

We'd need 10 players bought for more than our record transfer purchase to stay in the Premier League? Really?!?

Archived