BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

'Your Cardiff's' (Watford, Hull, Palace who all gave us a cuffing) had exceptional seasons whilst ours was desperately disappointing.

If you are seeking to blame Williamson, Lowe et al for last season then I reckon you are looking in the wrong place.

Both players could conceivably play their parts in a much improved season next term. As we have seen, players of their ilk have provided the backbone of successful Championship campaigns over recent seasons.

Fair enough, you don't rate them but you still haven't suggested realistic replacements (other than going on about 'Premier League' quality)

100% agree with this mate...asking Lowe, Etuhu and Williamson to get forward in a flat 442 is not their game! I also think that both Etuhu and Lowe spent most their time doing Murphys running..

Back to topic, Hammond would be a good signing and did well at Brighton. I wouldn't dwell too much one those defensive mid positions...we stand to lose Dann, Givet and Ollsen IMO so who replaces those?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100% agree with this mate...asking Lowe, Etuhu and Williamson to get forward in a flat 442 is not their game! I also think that both Etuhu and Lowe spent most their time doing Murphys running..

Back to topic, Hammond would be a good signing and did well at Brighton. I wouldn't dwell too much one those defensive mid positions...we stand to lose Dann, Givet and Ollsen IMO so who replaces those?

agree on your 1st point.

Isn't Evatt coming in to train with squad for pre season in a bid to prove his fitness? Evatt knows Bowyer from his time at Derby County Academy.

Kilgallon and El-Abd(Brighton CB) are both on free transfer. both very experience Championship Centre Back.

agree on your 1st point.

Isn't Evatt coming in to train with squad for pre season in a bid to prove his fitness? Evatt knows Bowyer from his time at Derby County Academy.

Kilgallon and El-Abd(Brighton CB) are both on free transfer. both very experience Championship Centre Back.

Yeah I think Evatt is coming in but he is 30+ and was injured for a large portion of last season so I don't think we could rely on him to play 46 games for us...

At one point we were after Crainey from Blackpool too weren't we? He's an LB.

I would look to buy a young promising CB like Maguire from Sheffield Utd to back up Hanley, Evatt and Edwards...as an international Hanley must now be seen as experienced.

Abdi looked decent but didn't Kilgallon get criticised for always being on the pop??

'Your Cardiff's' (Watford, Hull, Palace who all gave us a cuffing) had exceptional seasons whilst ours was desperately disappointing.

If you are seeking to blame Williamson, Lowe et al for last season then I reckon you are looking in the wrong place.

Both players could conceivably play their parts in a much improved season next term. As we have seen, players of their ilk have provided the backbone of successful Championship campaigns over recent seasons.

Fair enough, you don't rate them but you still haven't suggested realistic replacements (other than going on about 'Premier League' quality)

Im just saying they arent good enough to get Rovers out of this division.

there's a link on facebook to an unofficial Football league twiiter account saying we're signing Macheda from Utd .............so it MUST be True ;)

I do think we have some very good players in the squad. If Bowyer makes a few sensible signings (which don't necessarily equate to expensive), and if the board room messes are cleaned up (Shaw and Singh to leave?) then we'll be favorites to finish in the top 6.

And I think Bowyer has given every indication that he can be a top manager. I can't wait for the start of the next season.

Apparently the only way to get out of this division is to copy palace, hull and cardiff. It's almost as if that's the only way to do it???

All we need are as you say players who will better us.

Bless chaddy, Chris h and co. as they seem to forget that we need a midfield that can contribute to the goals tally.

I'm happy to let the manager decide on that. For the first time in a while there's someone in charge who will make good decisions for the benefit of the club.

Bless chaddy, Chris h and co. as they seem to forget that we need a midfield that can contribute to the goals tally.

I agree we need a Goalscorer Midfielder like Lewis McGugan from Forest. out of contract this summer. so I really hope we are in for him. just the type of player we need.

we need to have a balance between a solid midfield and using our attacking players like Rochina, Judge, Taylor, Nunes, King, etc. 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-2 formations seems the one's I think Bowyer will use this coming season.

I'm happy to let the manager decide on that. For the first time in a while there's someone in charge who will make good decisions for the benefit of the club.

I agree 100%

Cannot wait for start of new Season.....only a few days to the fixtures.

Alan Judge in midfield will be a revelation,now he has had a few Seasons of experience and responsibility.

I can't wait for the season to start. Fixtures out in 9 days time. 19th June at 9am for fixtures release

Think Judge will be a revelation for us this season.

Apparently the only way to get out of this division is to copy palace, hull and cardiff. It's almost as if that's the only way to do it???

All we need are as you say players who will better us.

No, there are other ways but they require large transfer fees and wages. Something that should rule us out, leaving us with the Palace, Hull, Cardiff models.

Your track record as a judge of players is such that I'm happy to go along with Bowyer on whether the current players and his recruits are good enough.

I

I can't wait for the season to start. Fixtures out in 9 days time. 19th June at 9am for fixtures release

I'm dreading it.

Just gone through 9 months of footballing agony and am determined to enjoy the cricket this summer and forget all about the nightmare that is BRFC.

You must be a glutton for punishment.

If only the world was as black and white as you say. Cardiff spent good money for this level, maynard 2.7, the korean lad 2.6M, Bellamy isn't playing for peanuts and so on. The league this year was weak as the three relegated teams struggled, you can all say lets do what they did, but not for one second do I believe QPR, Wigan or Reading will be as we were this season. Next year will be tougher and we'll need better quality than we have at present to get promoted.

Wigan won't be anywhere near that's for sure, they have to play European football don't forget and that cocks up the best of teams in the prem. add on to the fact they have to play 46 games in a season and they won't have two teams tht can challenge for both

No, there are other ways but they require large transfer fees and wages. Something that should rule us out, leaving us with the Palace, Hull, Cardiff models.

Your track record as a judge of players is such that I'm happy to go along with Bowyer on whether the current players and his recruits are good enough.

Since when has a manager at Rovers had control of the players they recruit under this regime.

Question for chaddy is, how do you know about all these championship players.

If only the world was as black and white as you say. Cardiff spent good money for this level, maynard 2.7, the korean lad 2.6M, Bellamy isn't playing for peanuts and so on. The league this year was weak as the three relegated teams struggled, you can all say lets do what they did, but not for one second do I believe QPR, Wigan or Reading will be as we were this season. Next year will be tougher and we'll need better quality than we have at present to get promoted.

Then we don't go up this season. If you cant afford, don't buy it. Surely there have been more than enough examples in football for the penny to have dropped?

Steven Reid leaving West Brom after failing too agree a new contract. Plays at right back these days, not saying the club should go for him but that goal against Wigan will always make me love the guy!!

Come on Maj. Thats not the case all the time. Plenty of sides perform well who field sides with less quality on paper than other sides they come up against. A decent manager can galvanise a side to play above themselves. If that wasn't the case then any schmoe could be a football manager. What Rovers need isn't an overhaul of the squad. What they need is a manager who can extract 100% from every player at his disposal, a set of owners who can set out a plan of action and make the correct decisions in aiming towards it and a fan base who can see some positives on the horizon and don't feel beaten into submission before a ball has been kicked on a Saturday afternoon. When some or all of those components are in place Rovers have a chance.

There is no point in assembling a squad of players who are the best in the division when the rest of the club and its followers are on their knees.I'm afraid at this stage of proceedings we need to learn to walk before we can run. The club needs to get a feel good factor back and that will take a bit of time. Bowyer, imo, seems to be working along the right lines. Lets get some players in who will sweat blood for the shirt. Lets have some correlation between the players who go out on the park and the fans who pay to watch them. With the club the way it is, that seems like the only way we'll see any improvement in how the fans feel about all things Rovers at this moment in time. And lets not forget what we already have at our disposal. Rhodes is a class act. The Dann and Hanley partnership has shown signs of promise. Olsson is a Swedish international. Leon Best should have enough about him to score some goals at this level. Josh King has bags of pace and is deemed good enough to play for Norway. And i'm always being told how good Rochina is (albeit minus a footballing brain). This squad has pockets of talent. What it lacks is leadership and cohesion. We need to get an identity and ethos which everyone at the club can believe in. Until we get rid of the divisions within the squad and the boardroom we will always fail. It wouldn't matter if we fielded the best side in the league week in week out.

Steven Reid leaving West Brom after failing too agree a new contract. Plays at right back these days, not saying the club should go for him but that goal against Wigan will always make me love the guy!!

If his fitness could be relied on i'd love to have him back. This is the type of player Rovers have lacked for ages. Someone with pride in their performance and demands the same from other around him.

Archived