BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

A decent championship signing would be great Stuart. Is the interest in Spearing and Murphy not enough to suggest Bowyer might just feel the same way?

And yes, the time will come where players are judged on the here and now and the Kean era is long forgotten. I'm not singing the praises of Judge or Marrow. But because of circumstances they do have more incentive to do the business. Even one percent in football can make the world of difference. As I said stu, I'm not sitting here saying this club has a chance of promotion or whatever. But I will say that some of the more bizarre decisions the club have made seem to be on the slide. If that doesnt please you then you obviously have much much higher expectations than I do. Thinking years ahead for me simply involves hoping the club is still in existence. Building a squad capable of playing at this level and then excelling in it is not a short term ambition imo. Offering PL players a final pay day or offering foreign players a cushy contract is not a good idea imo.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A decent championship signing would be great Stuart. Is the interest in Spearing and Murphy not enough to suggest Bowyer might just feel the same way?

And yes, the time will come where players are judged on the here and now and the Kean era is long forgotten. I'm not singing the praises of Judge or Marrow. But because of circumstances they do have more incentive to do the business. Even one percent in football can make the world of difference. As I said stu, I'm not sitting here saying this club has a chance of promotion or whatever. But I will say that some of the more bizarre decisions the club have made seem to be on the slide. If that doesnt please you then you obviously have much much higher expectations than I do. Thinking years ahead for me simply involves hoping the club is still in existence. Building a squad capable of playing at this level and then excelling in it is not a short term ambition imo. Offering PL players a final pay day or offering foreign players a cushy contract is not a good idea imo.

100% agree

And , "getting on with it", is what exactly?

Moving out players who aren't good enough or have no intention of playing for us and bringing in cheaper hungry players. It might not be time to scream promotion but it is a step in a safer direction. Also, the "low profile" part which you neglect to answer regards the lack of bold and brash statements from members of the board and idiotic interviews saying "we're confused". Build a squad, leave the talking to the field, and get on with hardwork on the training ground.

Everyone needs to relax, it's good that majority don't know the real targets, it means that the club are doing things right for once and keeping all info under wraps in house. Without trying to sound like a venkys spokesman, lets just judge at the end of the transfer window.

Personally I think things are going very well at the moment, we have a couple of big wages off the books, the club has put a wage cap in place to secure the long term future of the club, and so far we have signed players who may not be glamorous names but will put a good shift in a physically hard league.

In my opinion we need an energetic centre mid with some creativity and we will be very much on our way to a succesful season. But hey that's just my opinion, what do I know :)

It feels like praising the man who tended a badly injured person after they hit them in the first place with their car.

At least the man didn't quickly drive away (hit and run) or decide to run over the injured person to finish the job!

• Backroom

It feels like praising the man who tended a badly injured person after they hit them in the first place with their car.

If the 'hit' was an accident, surely that's the right thing to do?

Apart from the exit of Kean I'm not so sure that anything has improved. We have appointed our 4th novice manager in a row, after the total failure of the last 3, and the club is still a rudderless ship. In fact if Agnew has gone and Shebby isn't involved much anymore the whole show is being run by Shaw which is a frightening thought considering his track record. Until the club gets a proper structure in place we are going to continue to struggle.

Apart from the exit of Kean I'm not so sure that anything has improved. We have appointed our 4th novice manager in a row, after the total failure of the last 3, and the club is still a rudderless ship. In fact if Agnew has gone and Shebby isn't involved much anymore the whole show is being run by Shaw which is a frightening thought considering his track record. Until the club gets a proper structure in place we are going to continue to struggle.

Id argue that a single vision (even Shaws) is better than an ongoing internal battleground. Agnew was a snake and Singh a free flowing mouthpiece spewing out comical soundbites. They say the camel was a horse designed by committee. Well Rovers were very much a metaphorical camel. The steps that have been taken MIGHT mean we can reach the dizzy heights of horse status once more. The reason I am cautious is because we know that the Raos are capable of cocking it all up in the blinkbof an eye.

As for Bowyer being a rookie. Well yes that is true. But he did a grand job last season an earned the right to have a go at the job. And lets be honest, aftef the debacle last season I don't think the queue of reputable managers waiting to apply was all that long. In fact id wager that it was probably Phil Brown arguing with his shadow over who was first in line.

Edit - sorry about the horse / camel thing. I'm even shocked at how strange an analogy that is.

I don't doubt spearing wants to stay in Liverpool/move to a pl team, but the thing about Bolton over rovers is just horse dung.

Spearing bought a box at the Reebok as he enjoyed last season here so much. He was around the Reebok the other day popping in to say hello to friends at the club. So I think the likelihood is that whilst he clearly would like a premiership club, he'd definitely prefer us over you guys.

img_9853.jpg

Rovers watched Bulgarian rising star Todor Nedelev a creative midfielder last week in a Europa cup qualifier game.He came on in the second half and scored 2 goals ,won a pen and hit the woodwork!...bagged 10 goals, 9 ass last season......

Rovers have a good network in Bulgaria and tried to sign another Bulgarian before Ivelin Popov....They have a link up with Bulgarian clubs as well......

Hope Team GB can bring him over for a trail ....Leeds also want him and hope they dont grab him just getting Luke Murphy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tTukL7ew1Uc

img_9853.jpg

Rovers watched Bulgarian rising star Todor Nedelev a creative midfielder last week in a Europa cup qualifier game.He came on in the second half and scored 2 goals ,won a pen and hit the woodwork!...bagged 10 goals, 9 ass last season......

Rovers have a good network in Bulgaria and tried to sign another Bulgarian before Ivelin Popov....They have a link up with Bulgarian clubs as well......

Hope Team GB can bring him over for a trail ....Leeds also want him and hope they dont grab him just getting Luke Murphy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tTukL7ew1Uc

He looks a good `un, we need that little bit of creativity in midfield. Let`s hope if we do get him over he shows as much promise as the clip does.

Spearing bought a box at the Reebok as he enjoyed last season here so much. He was around the Reebok the other day popping in to say hello to friends at the club. So I think the likelihood is that whilst he clearly would like a premiership club, he'd definitely prefer us over you guys.

I think you may be wearing rose tinted ray banns?

I think you may be wearing rose tinted ray banns?

Don't think so. Spearing was here last season and really enjoyed it. Assuming we bid for him and agree a fee with Liverpool I'd be shocked if he went to any championship club other than ours. More than shocked. Of course a premiership team might go for him. And thats before we even get onto the current situation at your club...or at least how it's perceived.

Don't think so. Spearing was here last season and really enjoyed it. Assuming we bid for him and agree a fee with Liverpool I'd be shocked if he went to any championship club other than ours. More than shocked. Of course a premiership team might go for him. And thats before we even get onto the current situation at your club...or at least how it's perceived.

Money. Gartside couldnt afford a pack of Spearmint never mind Spearing.

That is basically why Bolton will not sign Spearing. Regardless of the perception of our club, could afford him but i can see the man's reasons for trepidation about for joining us. I see him going to one of the new promoted teams.

Money. Gartside couldnt afford a pack of Spearmint never mind Spearing.

That is basically why Bolton will not sign Spearing. Regardless of the perception of our club, could afford him but i can see the man's reasons for trepidation about for joining us. I see him going to one of the new promoted teams.

What Gartside could or couldn't afford is irrelevant as he doesn't own the club. Eddie Davies however does own the club, and he has sold an awful lot of kettles. The issue more is whether he will let us have another midfield player, we've got a fair few, who will be on high wages and for a fee. Eddie wants to invest in new players who will gain in value, so whether Spearing is seen as sitting in that bracket is an unknown right now.

What Gartside could or couldn't afford is irrelevant as he doesn't own the club. Eddie Davies however does own the club, and he has sold an awful lot of kettles. The issue more is whether he will let us have another midfield player, we've got a fair few, who will be on high wages and for a fee. Eddie wants to invest in new players who will gain in value, so whether Spearing is seen as sitting in that bracket is an unknown right now.

Gartside/Davies - doesnt matter to me. There is a perception of BWFC of downsizing, paying back debts and generally finding of a level. This perception doesn't fit paying a couple of million plus £10k a week to a player. It's hard to take, I know - Rovers are going through some similar experiences but Bolton will not be paying for any players this summer regardless of what Nixon is telling you.

This is the last post I will make regarding Bolton. Unlike yourself, you wouldn't catch me discussing football on an opposition's board - therefore I have no reason to carry on discussing the wanky wanderers on here1

Id argue that a single vision (even Shaws) is better than an ongoing internal battleground. Agnew was a snake and Singh a free flowing mouthpiece spewing out comical soundbites. They say the camel was a horse designed by committee. Well Rovers were very much a metaphorical camel. The steps that have been taken MIGHT mean we can reach the dizzy heights of horse status once more. The reason I am cautious is because we know that the Raos are capable of cocking it all up in the blinkbof an eye.

As for Bowyer being a rookie. Well yes that is true. But he did a grand job last season an earned the right to have a go at the job. And lets be honest, aftef the debacle last season I don't think the queue of reputable managers waiting to apply was all that long. In fact id wager that it was probably Phil Brown arguing with his shadow over who was first in line.

Edit - sorry about the horse / camel thing. I'm even shocked at how strange an analogy that is.

Love the analagy. Good job Agnew has left as if he is a snake he would petrify the horse and make it run off. Also, if the 2nd Div is a desert would we not be better off with the camal than a horse? Just asking.

Iaftef the debacle last season I don't think the queue of reputable managers waiting to apply was all that long.

Don't believe everything you read. Managers have a lot of faith in their own ability and plenty would feel they alone could turn Rovers around (deluded bunch are managers). Plenty of them would be prepared to have a crack at Rovers even with the t**ts in ownership. Bowyer was most likely chosen because he was already there (lack of amnbition at Ewood) cheap to employ, wouldn't kick up a fuss, sign who he was told and would be cheap to get rid of if it all went south.

Archived